Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: What does Utah need to become a title contender?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    A superstar guard

Hayward is a great secondary creator/ off-ball player

They can only keep one of Gobert and Favors. Favors is worth something, and I'd keep Gobert.
    Gobert is obviously the guy they need to build around and it doesn't look likely that they'll be able to keep everyone. Gobert/Lyles could make sense at some point.

College superstar

Why does everyone like Gobert so much more than Favors?

10/11/2.5 on 57%/59% at 23yo

vs

17/8.5/1.5 on 52/71 at 24yo

Gobert is a much better shot blocker, slightly better rebounder, then worse everywhere else.

... But that's just going off of box scores, so I'm hoping someone that watches games can shed some additional light on this.

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Lebron

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1

vs

Gobert is a much better shot blocker, slightly better rebounder, then worse everywhere else.

... But that's just going off of box scores, so I'm hoping someone that watches games can shed some additional light on this.
    Gobert is a dominant rim protector

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Who's everyone? The local media is all about Hayward and Favors and one actually called Hood the 3rd member of their big 3.

vs

First off you need to forget stats. The Jazz were tanking and one of the worst teams in the league before Rudy emerged in December of 2014. They have been competitive ever since when he is in the line-up. He's a lot better rebounder. He's a better passer. He's their best screener. He's arguably their best perimeter defender but since they hate Withey they can't put him there. He's the main reason anyone is talking about the Jazz even if they think Hayward and Favors are their best players.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    First off you need to forget stats. The Jazz were tanking and one of the worst teams in the league before Rudy emerged in December of 2014. They have been competitive ever since when he is in the line-up. He's a lot better rebounder. He's a better passer. He's their best screener. He's arguably their best perimeter defender but since they hate Withey they can't put him there. He's the main reason anyone is talking about the Jazz even if they think Hayward and Favors are their best players.
    This is the type of answer I was looking for. Thank you.