Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: Report: Kevin Durant to leave OKC if Thunder don't reach NBA Finals

If he's leaving because he doesn't see the ceiling of a championship in OKC, why would he go to Boston, Portland, or Washington? Ignore the Spurs for a moment because I think we see a drop off once Duncan and Ginobili retire, and that can't be much longer than two seasons. Wouldn't shock me if this was there last. Even with Durant, I don't think any of those other three teams are on the same level as the Warriors. I suppose you can't underestimate the greatness of GOAT Stevens and maybe finally getting an actual player would allow him to dominate the league. Still don't see it tho.

Like Durant on the Wiz or Blazers... Is that a 56-60+ win team? Because that's already what he is on now.

If he goes and it is about the rings then, imo, it should be GS, or I guess somehow Cleveland if that's even an option. Otherwise he's making a lateral move. Unless there's more to it like he just wants to get away from Westbrook and the constantly ****ing up OKC front office. That I could understand. But don't make not winning the championship a cop-out then.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 03-08-2016 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    If he's leaving because he doesn't see the ceiling of a championship in OKC, why would he go to Boston, Portland, or Washington? Ignore the Spurs for a moment because I think we see a drop off once Duncan and Ginobili retire, and that can't be much longer than two seasons. Wouldn't shock me if this was there last. Even with Durant, I don't think any of those other three teams are on the same level as the Warriors. I suppose you can't underestimate the greatness of GOAT Stevens and maybe finally getting an actual player would allow him to dominate the league. Still don't see it tho.

Like Durant on the Wiz or Blazers... Is that a 56-60+ win team? Because that's what he is on now.

If goes and it is about the rings then imo it should be GS, or I guess somehow Cleveland if that's even an option. Otherwise he's making a lateral move. Unless there's more to it like he just wants to get away from Westbrook and the ****ing up OKC front office. That I could understand. But don't make not winning the championship a cop-out then.

Or at least to an organization that can sell him on their willingness to do what it takes to put forth a championship team.

You know people will rip KD but he's given OKC more than enough seasons to see what happens and frankly they aren't going to ever put together the type of team that'll win a title.

We all know some organizations are better than others out there at getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Or at least to an organization that can sell him on their willingness to do what it takes to put forth a championship team.
    Like Heat, Spurs, Celtics (Got the assets to get 1 more Superstar) or Lakers (If Buss steps down and Mitch takes over).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I will be happy as long as he doesn't go to LA (either), Rockets, Warriors, or team up with LeBron.

College superstar

get to the nba finals? ft35 will barely make it out of the 1st rd.....

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Well atleast lebron fans cant say sht when it comes to colluding

Durant and Westbrook haven't really evolved their on-court chemistry over the years. They still operate as two solo acts which will carry them through the regular season, but not in the playoffs against a team like Golden State or Spurs.

OKC are the biggest let down in a long time tbh

Seems to be the same old shit all the time with these 2

As long as he stays in the West I'll respect his move. Going east is a Lebron level p*ssy move. If he were to go to a team like the Wizards becaue he wants an easy road to the ECFs that would destroy his potential legacy.

It will be great for the league if KD goes to East.
    Add that to Spurs renovation and there will be more parity between conferences.

About legacy I think he has a good amount of individual accolades, he need that ring to cement it and to gain confidence.

If he goes to GSW he will have the rings for sure, but he should have to play a not superstar/batman role. And the risk is enormous. Imagine GSW wins the ring this year and next year they don

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unstumpable
    No one could blame him as well.
    cant say he didnt try for them
    People will blame him though... just like they did LeBron, Shaq, etc.

KD and Rondo to Knicks. Thibodeau to coach.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    KD and Rondo to Knicks. Thibodeau to coach.
    Rondo + Durant =formidable force, could fill the rest of the team with d-leaguers and the chip is still a lock

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    Rondo + Durant =formidable force, could fill the rest of the team with d-leaguers and the chip is still a lock
    Melo will recruit. Throw in KP and East gets better......