Default Rob Pelinka is new Lakers GM

The move, expected for a while now, became official today:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=20219

Default Re: Rob Pelinka is new Lakers GM

purge = complete

although not really fair to Mitch he had to go because of his mixed allegiances to the ****-up of the Buss family, Jim. (also a weird ass anti-social f4ggot who doesnt even like interacting with press or fans)

Jeannie and Magic are CLEARLY the way to move forward. If I could I would make that faggot Jim eat a cyanide capsule.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    purge = complete

although not really fair to Mitch he had to go because of his mixed allegiances to the ****-up of the Buss family, Jim. (also a weird ass anti-social f4ggot who doesnt even like interacting with press or fans)

Jeannie and Magic are CLEARLY the way to move forward. If I could I would make that faggot Jim eat a cyanide capsule.
    Could you please be a little less ambiguous?

I'm not quite sure I know how you really feel

===============================

Mitch will be fine. I am pretty sure he doesn't need to work if he doesn't want to.

I think that regardless of what he might be able to accomplish when not having to follow Jim Buss' directives, I still think he needed to go.

The reason I feel that way is because I believe that the Lakers currently have a perception of incompetence issue among players and agents in the league if Jim Buss or any of his minions are involved in basketball affairs for the Lakers.

I don't the Lakers could have afforded to keep Mitch in his current role moving forward without risking the continued impression that things are a complete and utter SNAFU in their front office.

Situation
    Normal;
    All
    F****d
    Up

Mitch was unfortunately collateral damage at best. He had his chance, and he along with the man he reported to were a total sh*tshow. He had a good (very) long run as GM is a league that doesn't tolerate a lack of results for too long before something has to be done.

I would say "thank you kindly for your contribution, but we are going to go in a different direction moving forward."

I wish him the best, but I just don't think the team could afford to keep him as GM.

It was the right thing to do for sure. Pelinka being GM means Kobe will be involved in the recruitment process as well. Imagine walking into a room with Magic sitting at the head of the table, Kobe on his left, and Pelinka on his right. Maybe Randle and Ingram in the room.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Next year's team.....hopefully

Russell/Clarkson/Ingram/Randle/Zubac
    Ennis/Nwaba/Brewer/Robinson/Black
    Ball/George/Adebayo/Cousins

Home of the 16

A possible #1 draft pick is a 3rd string.

I am so done.