Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #16
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Raymond Felton officially back with Knicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
felton was fat and lazy and totally unprofessional with the blazers...

franchize stop it because you cant lawd Lin for being a Dantoni product to justify felton's success if that is what your saying. his only above average year. every other time he's been meh.

Interesting if the bolded part is true.
Dude, what's your deal lately? I DONT HATE LIN!!! Calm down.

All I'm saying is, Felton put up good numbers under D'Antoni. And your reply proves MY point. I CLEARLY stated in another thread that Felton is the median for PG in the NBA. If Felton was average once he left D'Antoni's system, then that just reiterates what I've been saying all along. Furthermore, when Lin wasn't in D'Antoni's system, he was average as well. Below average before, and average in Woodson's system. So you're just proving MY point!

Once Again...for the record. I DO NOT HATE JEREMY LIN!!! I THINK HE'S A PRETTY GOOD POINT GUARD!!!

C'mon man. I love having healthy debates with you but I can't argue stuff I never said. How did I lawd him? My stance all along is that he's not bad but he's not worth that contract. PERIOD!

Quote:
Look guys,I never really liked Felton. I just don't think there's much of a difference between him and Lin.

Thank You Clutch. This is the ONLY thing I was saying the whole entire time. I DO NOT HATE JEREMY LIN!!! Why is it when Lin is involved, if you aren't completely wrapped up in Linsanity, you're a hater? I'm from the era where "hating" was called having an opinion. There's a difference between voicing your opinion and hating a guy. Jeremy Lin is a good player with some potential and some glaring flaws. That contract wasn't for a player with some potential but some glaring flaws. That contract was for a guy who's proven he can get the job done without a shadow of a doubt.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think lin is a product of pringles ball just as how felton was and maybe, just maybe, felton will produce similar lin numbers

our biggest hole last season was spacing, and we never had a complete team on the court for more than a week and in the playoffs,(just as in the first season vs celtics) melo suffered the most with the big names sitting out and having to carry the offensive load himself

fields/shumpert cant hit a jumper thus easily collapsing on melo who then had to take it with 2 on him most of the time or pass out to a role guy in a bad position to shoot.

JR wa shooting blindly as if he was jordan or someone and was trigger happy

now, kidd can hit the occasional 3 and felton also can also hit the 3, and both can play together in the backcourt and both can drive and dish

just hope they can get it clicking in training camp
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #18
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think our biggest issue last year was injuries. Say what you will about the coaches, the players, the scheme etc. If guys aren't on the court; If guys aren't practicing, we aren't going to win. We never really had a stretch where our best guys were on the court and ALLOWED to become a cohesive unit. So when guys return, of course it's going to look like one person needs to take the back seat. I just want to see what we can look like with a full training camp, a competent head coach and normal season.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #19
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I agree with this it will be interesting and helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think our biggest issue last year was injuries. Say what you will about the coaches, the players, the scheme etc. If guys aren't on the court; If guys aren't practicing, we aren't going to win. We never really had a stretch where our best guys were on the court and ALLOWED to become a cohesive unit. So when guys return, of course it's going to look like one person needs to take the back seat. I just want to see what we can look like with a full training camp, a competent head coach and normal season.

Not saying you hate him (although you have nothing really good to say about him but thats neither here no there at this point he's gone) but you cant give credit to one player under the same system then discredit the other under the same system.

Which Lin was productive under woodson too.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
I agree with this it will be interesting and helpful.

Not saying you hate him (although you have nothing really good to say about him but thats neither here no there at this point he's gone) but you cant give credit to one player under the same system then discredit the other under the same system.

Which Lin was productive under woodson too.

That's the thing. I said Lin was a good player. I said it repeatedly. I also said Felton was very good under Mike D'antoni's sytem also. So was Nate Robinson. I didn't give Felton credit. You knew me since the Felton days. I NEVER liked Felton. He's an average guy. But I can't just ignore the production. Same with Lin. Linsanity was a lot about hype over an Asian kid from Harvard, but I would NEVER say that he didn't ball his ass off. He played remarkably during that period. Nate Robinson at times played out of his mind also under D'Antoni. If anything, I gave ALL of them credit.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
That's the thing. I said Lin was a good player. I said it repeatedly. I also said Felton was very good under Mike D'antoni's sytem also. So was Nate Robinson. I didn't give Felton credit. You knew me since the Felton days. I NEVER liked Felton. He's an average guy. But I can't just ignore the production. Same with Lin. Linsanity was a lot about hype over an Asian kid from Harvard, but I would NEVER say that he didn't ball his ass off. He played remarkably during that period. Nate Robinson at times played out of his mind also under D'Antoni. If anything, I gave ALL of them credit.
But Lin was productive even when Stat n Melo came back for the most part but he couldnt play the same. Melo had to have the ball.

Felton is barely average IMHO. but i rather hope he does ok at the price we have him for but I dont know if he makes the Knicks much better than what we had last year.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #22
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
But Lin was productive even when Stat n Melo came back for the most part but he couldnt play the same. Melo had to have the ball.

Felton is barely average IMHO. but i rather hope he does ok at the price we have him for but I dont know if he makes the Knicks much better than what we had last year.
Rameek, I didn't say he wasn't productive. I'm not disagreeing with you man.

That said, Felton is CERTAINLY better than Bibby and Baron...even if he shows up fat.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #23
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #24
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2

Doesn't look fat...

I think I speak for almost everyone when I say wheeeeeewwwww
Old 09-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #25
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

still don't like the fact that we traded jeffries
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #26
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla

4PPG
4RPG
.7APG

I'll live
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:08 AM   #27
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
Seriously,I'll miss Jeffries. Hopefully he will come back once again. I know he isn't very talented but he's passionate and will do whatever it takes for his team to win. Guy is giving 110% every night unlike some other players and that's what I like about him.

Last edited by Clutch : 09-12-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #28
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
4PPG
4RPG
.7APG

I'll live

Thank You lol

Let's not even mention the minutes he played and his FT and FG %

But seriously, I think Jeffries will be a Knick once again. I highly doubt he'll stay in Portland all year.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #29
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Sick of jeffries, never understood why he's liked by so many knick fans. He's a loyal guy but damn, we can do better in terms of basketball lol
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: