Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2014, 10:08 AM   #31
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,566
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How far is this team going this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Yikes! I remember that now...

Perhaps I got caught up too much in who we added, that I overlooked the fact that thibs could hold back the potential of our offense...

I hope not. I hope thibs had a really good reason for yanking dunleavy such as being sick or gassed...

Hopefully Thibs has learned from his mistakes cuz Dunleavy played extensive minutes in the succeeding games(was very instrumental in game 3).
I just wish too that the Bulls MGT has added an assistant coach who specializes on offense. Someone who will not be meek and actually respectfully give valuable inputs to Thibs esp during delicate situations.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:36 AM   #32
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,005
poido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How far is this team going this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Hopefully Thibs has learned from his mistakes cuz Dunleavy played extensive minutes in the succeeding games(was very instrumental in game 3).
I just wish too that the Bulls MGT has added an assistant coach who specializes on offense. Someone who will not be meek and actually respectfully give valuable inputs to Thibs esp during delicate situations.


We need to appoint an assistant coach soon, we have preseason games just around the corner and then the NBA season...

Hopefully a guy who can give thibs some really good input on offense without trying to be the coach himself.

The good thing is, dunleavy won't have to do as much this year, we have plenty of shooting weapons at our disposal and we have the luxury to ride the hot shooter.

Mirotic I think will be our most important player along with rose/gasol in a potential cavs series.

His ability to stretch the defense and force love out on the perimeter will be crucial.

Cavs will also have trouble defending our frontcourt. Rose, McD and snell will be able to punish any lazy defense played by waiters and Irving from the outside, rose will be able to penetrate cavs lack of Interior defense at will.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:06 AM   #33
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,176
ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: How far is this team going this year?

If everyone on this roster stays healthy and I mean everyone for the majority of the season and most certainly during playoff time there's no reason why this Bulls team cannot make it to the NBA Finals and compete for an NBA championship.

If we're going to win our 7th title I think this is the year to surprise people and do it. The East is still the weaker conference, but a lot of Eastern Conference teams will be improving shortly. After Love goes to Cleveland I think it will be us vs. Cleveland in the ECF and I like how we match up against them.

We'll have a big advantage in the paint with Noah, Gasol, Gibson and Mirotic against Varejao and Love and whoever they bring off the bench. We have outside shooters in Dunleavy, Snell, Mirotic, McDermott and Hinrich to space the floor. You mix that in with what should be an excellent passing team, high IQ team and an always excellent defensive and rebounding team and we have all the ingredients.

If Lebron decides to guard DRose I feel our other guards and small forwards will be more than capable enough to step up and deliver against poor defenders in Irving and Waiters. Love is also a poor defender. I think in a 7 game series our defense and rebounding will be a huge advantage over them as they will not be a good team in those departments. I want Lebron to guard Rose. Not only has Rose proven to be able to score on Lebron but chasing around Derrick will also negatively impact Lebron's offense and we can't forget Jimmy Butler does as good of a job as anyone in the league at sticking Lebron.

I'm really excited for this season.

Thibs' philosophy and excellent teaching of defense will help our new additions who aren't really known for their defending.

I share the same opinion as some have already shared... I hope Thibs and his staff can set up an offense that maximizes the strengths of our new additions as well as ensuring the inclusion of these new guys matches up with players we already had here.

Rose should be able to play his game because everyone around him compliments him pretty well. Jimmy has continued to improve his outside shot and moves well without the ball, cuts to the basket and is good at driving into the lane. Dunleavy is a high IQ player who will find the open spot and knock down open shots. Noah and Gasol are excellent passing big men who will put their teammates in good positions as well as being able to score easy basket themselves. The bench has a nice mixture of veterans, youth, outside shooting, energy and defense.

I see it working out wonderfully, but it obviously has to be proven on the court now.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #34
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,005
poido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How far is this team going this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
If everyone on this roster stays healthy and I mean everyone for the majority of the season and most certainly during playoff time there's no reason why this Bulls team cannot make it to the NBA Finals and compete for an NBA championship.

If we're going to win our 7th title I think this is the year to surprise people and do it. The East is still the weaker conference, but a lot of Eastern Conference teams will be improving shortly. After Love goes to Cleveland I think it will be us vs. Cleveland in the ECF and I like how we match up against them.

We'll have a big advantage in the paint with Noah, Gasol, Gibson and Mirotic against Varejao and Love and whoever they bring off the bench. We have outside shooters in Dunleavy, Snell, Mirotic, McDermott and Hinrich to space the floor. You mix that in with what should be an excellent passing team, high IQ team and an always excellent defensive and rebounding team and we have all the ingredients.

If Lebron decides to guard DRose I feel our other guards and small forwards will be more than capable enough to step up and deliver against poor defenders in Irving and Waiters. Love is also a poor defender. I think in a 7 game series our defense and rebounding will be a huge advantage over them as they will not be a good team in those departments. I want Lebron to guard Rose. Not only has Rose proven to be able to score on Lebron but chasing around Derrick will also negatively impact Lebron's offense and we can't forget Jimmy Butler does as good of a job as anyone in the league at sticking Lebron.

I'm really excited for this season.

Thibs' philosophy and excellent teaching of defense will help our new additions who aren't really known for their defending.

I share the same opinion as some have already shared... I hope Thibs and his staff can set up an offense that maximizes the strengths of our new additions as well as ensuring the inclusion of these new guys matches up with players we already had here.

Rose should be able to play his game because everyone around him compliments him pretty well. Jimmy has continued to improve his outside shot and moves well without the ball, cuts to the basket and is good at driving into the lane. Dunleavy is a high IQ player who will find the open spot and knock down open shots. Noah and Gasol are excellent passing big men who will put their teammates in good positions as well as being able to score easy basket themselves. The bench has a nice mixture of veterans, youth, outside shooting, energy and defense.

I see it working out wonderfully, but it obviously has to be proven on the court now.



Good post and a good read

Repped. I'll rep you too Tamara

Last edited by poido123 : 08-05-2014 at 10:42 AM.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:54 PM   #35
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating
 
nathanjizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,903
nathanjizzle has a bad reputationnathanjizzle has a bad reputationnathanjizzle has a bad reputation
Default Re: How far is this team going this year?

clutch your panties my bulls brethrens, we going on a muther****in journey to mars.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:24 PM   #36
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,005
poido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How far is this team going this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
clutch your panties my bulls brethrens, we going on a muther****in journey to mars.


Been reading McDermott could be starting for us by the end of this year...

I love the move if Thibs has the guts to trust him. Having McDermott in the lineup will work, he can space the floor and on defense, butler can just guard who ever the bigger offensive threat is at SG or SF.

McDermotts ability to make space off screens and knock down shots will be crucial to opening up space for rose. It will keep defenses unsettled and constantly trying to compensate on defense to cover both of them. He's a natural scorer and that is exactly what we need to work with rose and gasol.

Rose, gasol and Noah will be enough experience on the court to compensate for playing a rookie in the starting lineup.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:29 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy