Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: If u were starting a franchise which one would u draft: lebron or hakeem

Bron, but it's close. Hakeem sorta reminds me of Lebron in that he can take mediocre (and sometimes putrid) rosters deep into the playoffs.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Default Re: If u were starting a franchise which one would u draft: lebron or hakeem

weird thing

great players get penalized for things outside of their control

if Bron wins against Spurs..and if Iverson wins against Lakers.....their reputations would be catapulted even more than now

boobie gibson...eric snow not being able to hit wide open shots prevented AI and Bron from being indisputable top 7 guys today

===============================================

say all that to say..if Bron and Cavs somehow beat the Spurs...I'd have a hard time justifying choosing Dream over him...even though Bron did EVERYTHING he possibly could to win that finals...

Quote Originally Posted by Umad101
    Posters with lebron avi votes don't count
    This is coming from a Kobe-stan?

Hakeem, obviously. About the same All-time ranking is for Shaq and Duncan, and I would take them over Lebron as well.

Are you ****ing kidding?

Hakeem, easily and by a longshot. Hakeem played with similar talent that LeBron had in Cleveland or worse and still got shit done and managed to win titles. A super athletic-dominant center like that, with great defense and strong offensive moves.......****, give me that 10 times out of 10.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    weird thing

great players get penalized for things outside of their control

if Bron wins against Spurs..and if Iverson wins against Lakers.....their reputations would be catapulted even more than now

boobie gibson...eric snow not being able to hit wide open shots prevented AI and Bron from being indisputable top 7 guys today

===============================================

say all that to say..if Bron and Cavs somehow beat the Spurs...I'd have a hard time justifying choosing Dream over him...even though Bron did EVERYTHING
    he possibly could to win that finals...
    And lebron terrible play had nothing to do with cavs losing?

The King

Banned

Hakeem, I would rather start around bigs than perimeter players. Although Lebron is the 2nd perimeter player I would take to build around or draft for with Jordan being first.

Hakeem. centers are the hardest spots to fill.

Banned

Hakeem.

We saw what LeBron was able to do on his own in Cleveland. Nada.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    Are you ****ing kidding?

Hakeem, easily and by a longshot. Hakeem played with similar talent that LeBron had in Cleveland or worse and still got shit done and managed to win titles. A super athletic-dominant center like that, with great defense and strong offensive moves.......****, give me that 10 times out of 10.
    Exactly... nevermind the fact that he won back to back titles vs great competition with a squad similar to what Lebron had to work with in Cleveland if not worse. Hakeem is the clear pick here. Lebron will probably achieve more since he plays with a loaded squad but I would draft Hakeem and put better talent around him and win 5-6 rings.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

as usual, rule of thumb

Its indeed close tho, but extremly different type of players...

Lebron is a guy that covers everything on the perimeter offensively & defensively like probably maybe nobody could (sorry but i dont recall many who had the size/talent/skill to example dominate up to 4-5 positions offensively and defend up to 4-5 positions aswell efficiently, Pippen could do that Defensively but not offensively, Magic could do that offensively, but not defensively)...

Hakeem is a guy that covers everything on the inside offensively & defensively like probably only 1 or 2 more could...

So it depends really on what you need...

About the same, but so different, the only guys i would pick/draft above Lebron & Hakeem is Michael Jordan... thats how high i regard them... right after those 3 follows Shaq... was thinking of Oscar/Wilt aswell, but im not sold on if they could do what they did in this modern era..
    Last edited by pauk; 07-15-2012 at 03:40 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Hakeem. I"ll take the big man that's the greatest modern defensive player of all time that will anchor top 5 defense's virtually by himself, a great first option/scorer, and a great rebounder.

LeBron. Don't want a poor mans Al Jefferson