Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #1
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default The Maloofs are on crack

http://seattletimes.com/html/sports/...5_kings11.html

So essentially The maloofs are saying they still want control over basketball decisions after they sell the team. This is what is holding up the deal right now.

I mean wtf, do they not know how the world works? This is like saying I am gonna sell my house to you, but I still want to be the one in control of how its decorated and stuff. Makes no sense
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #2
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: The Maloofs are on crack

they're millionaires so yeah they probably know how the world works
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #3
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

different guy but still...
magic chiongson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin112

not sure if serious. they inherited all their money from their father, now they are bankrupt.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #5
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin112

They inherited all that money, used it to buy the Kings and then ran the franchise into the ground
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:18 AM   #6
andremiller07
#Quincy Acy Bandwagon

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
They inherited all that money, used it to buy the Kings and then ran the franchise into the ground

They were also key in a lot of trades and draft picks which amounted to zero, I honestley don't know how much input the GM even has with these 2 idiots running things.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #7
Dr. Cheesesteak
Houston over Indy

Dr. Cheesesteak has decent reputation

Maloofs are so great some times... I suppose I do believe they are genuine when they say they want to own an NBA team. Even when they sell their team, they still want control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
They were also key in a lot of trades and draft picks which amounted to zero, I honestley don't know how much input the GM even has with these 2 idiots running things.
I read on ESPN that Petrie was trying really hard to trade Cousins right after his recent suspension, but the Maloofs told him "no".
Dr. Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:30 AM   #8
maybeshewill13
**** u Perkins u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

**** you Maloofs you dumb ****ing *****.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #9
Dr. Cheesesteak
Houston over Indy

Dr. Cheesesteak has decent reputation

http://www.cowbellkingdom.com/2013/0...in-sacramento/

keeping fingers crossed...

(for those too lazy to click on link - 24 Hour Fitness founder and Sleep Train Matress owner interested in buying Kings and keeping them in Sac) (also, shows link saying a source says the Seattle deal is officially done, just no announcement yet =\)
Dr. Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:01 AM   #10
west_tip
Good High School Starter

west_tip has not been impressing people

Just saw on the news Lebron speaking at an engagement at Mayor Johnsons charter school, KJ jokingly said "Are you looking at buying an NBA team Lebron?"

Anyways, its the 11th hour and its a longshot but the fact that Sac has a former NBA player as Mayor might, just might be the ace in the hole. KJ will not want the loss of Sacs only major sports franchise as part of his political legacy, I'm sure he is determinedly trying to bring together a local bid and at least he has the ear of Stern who surely recognizes that the Maloofs have been the weak link in all this.
west_tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #11
Miles and Miles
High school junior varsity star

Miles and Miles has an OK reputation so far

Well I tried to tell you Seattle guys this thing isn't over as long as the Maloofs are still involved. Welcome to our world.
Miles and Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #12
Collie
Decent college freshman

Collie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected poster

It's funny, the Maloofs used to be what Mark Cuban is seen right now as owners during the Webber era (praised as great and active owners).
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #13
Salazaar
In Hansen we trust!

Salazaar has not been impressing people

Fvcking Maloofs... I'd really like to know what's going on now, there are tens of contradicting reports...
Salazaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #14
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

only rich a$$holes like the Maloofs would buy a team just so they could play fantasy basketball
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #15
iamgine

iamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
http://seattletimes.com/html/sports/...5_kings11.html

So essentially The maloofs are saying they still want control over basketball decisions after they sell the team. This is what is holding up the deal right now.

I mean wtf, do they not know how the world works? This is like saying I am gonna sell my house to you, but I still want to be the one in control of how its decorated and stuff. Makes no sense
Not really. More like I'll sell you my company's majority share but I want a seat at the board of directors. Makes plenty of sense.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: