Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Default return credit card?

If you found a credit card on the floor in a parking lot of say a walmart or some other store what would you do? Would you return it to the store, keep it and try to use it?

Default Re: return credit card?

Free gas.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Free gas.

I've found two credit cards in the past, thankfully my tank was close to empty on each occasion. I would use it once to fill up and then throw the card out. Just make sure the gas station doesn't make you enter a zip code.

I found a CC once and I did not return it to the store. I just called the number on the back and told them I found a credit card. It is a federal offense using someone else's credit card, so no I would most certainly not try to use it.

If you found a CC and used it, you are a dick. I hope you lose your wallet and somebody maxes out your cards and steals your identity. Wouldn't be that hard to max out your $200 limit card anyway you broke bitches.

NBA Superstar

thing is there is so much CC fraud, and law enforcement has so much other shit to worry about on top of being lazy about stuff like that, its real easy to get away with using it unless you try to use it in person somewhere. i wouldnt use it at a atm either. gas seems like a good choice(never been to a gas station that didn't ask for zip w/ CC on computer so might have to go in) but they got cameras too, just highly unlikely law enforcement will pursue it to that level unless its some fraud ring.

the credit card company will likely eat the fraud too, and the owner will just be real annoyed. its ghetto to use it tho.

I found a CC outside of a bank and took it inside and gave it to them. I am weary of giving to stores because some workers are ***** and might use it, but a bank I figured would do the right thing.

Otherwise I would treat it as one of my expired CC's, shred it. The person who lost it will have to get a new card either way

I'd return that shit. You don't know how people earn their money and what they do to survive. People live on the edge supporting themselves let alone a family. Even if I wouldn't get caught I wouldn't do it.
    Last edited by Draz; 12-13-2014 at 12:12 AM.

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by enayes

I've found two credit cards in the past, thankfully my tank was close to empty on each occasion. I would use it once to fill up and then throw the card out. Just make sure the gas station doesn't make you enter a zip code.

Genius move. You know that license plate thingie in the back of your car. Well they can use it to trace your activity back to you. It's unlikely the bigger gas stations would go to the trouble to do this, but a smaller mom and pop gas station who gets hit by a chargeback from a CC company might.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    If you found a credit card on the floor in a parking lot of say a walmart or some other store what would you do? Would you return it to the store, keep it and try to use it?
    This just happened to my dad yesterday! He found a credit card in the parking lot at Walmart. My mom called the banking institute and the bank said to drop it off at their location and they'll reach the customer.
    2 days ago I dropped my phone at the mall. I took an hour retracing my steps. I was at the mobile retailer already ready to buy a new phone. I felt crushed. The dealer called the phone and customer service answered it. Someone returned my phone. An HTC One M8, RETURNED. Talk about the spirit of Christmas
    Losing something, whether a phone, wallet, keys.....is such a devastating feeling. Victimizing someone by using something they lost is an assholish thing to do. Having it returned and giving the feeling of relief back to the person is worth more than a tank of gas
    Last edited by hateraid; 12-12-2014 at 10:00 PM.

You should bring it to the bank if the branch is near you.

If not, you should shred it or cut it in half.

If you have a way of contacting the person and confirm that it's them you can try that but it's best to do the first two options.

Quote Originally Posted by theballerFKA Ace
    Genius move. You know that license plate thingie in the back of your car. Well they can use it to trace your activity back to you. It's unlikely the bigger gas stations would go to the trouble to do this, but a smaller mom and pop gas station who gets hit by a chargeback from a CC company might.
    Both times I used a found credit card was doing the winter. And I actually covered up part of my license plate with snow just in case lol probably not necessary but I took the extra precaution. So don't worry I know how to use a found card and not get caught.

One random day while out for a run/walk I decided to check in someone's mailbox for a package or whatever. I had never opened another person's mailbox before. So I open it and there is a ladies pocketbook in it so of course I take it out and walk away. I go through it and find $20 and a few gift cards which I took. I decided to be a nice guy and I returned the rest of the stuff back to the mailbox. So I guess someone else had found this pocketbook and placed it in the mailbox as it was the address on the girl's license and I just happened to come along and find it inside the mailbox lol pretty crazy

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I made this thread because the other day I found a credit card. I thought about just cutting it in half, but I was in a hurry. I gave it to the supervisor/manager of the store. Probably not the best move if this person is a bastard. But hopefully they were responsible and put it away and did the right thing. I would hate for it to happen to me, so I hope this person finds their card or at least doesn't have any sort of fraud committed against them. There are good people out there, but it seems like nowadays there are a lot of parasites, just lazy dishonest people.

NBA All-star

I would probably say that this is a great question on a questionnaire before someone attends their counseling/therapy session.

since you know, everyone taking it is thinking

"faking perfection, until I get out of this mother f-ing joint!!!!"