Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Popovich: White People Don

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    You would think...
    Well, you were right.....Facts don't always help...And with that, great discussion from those who actually took the time to read everything. I'm out...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Well, you were right.....Facts don't always help...And with that, great discussion from those who actually took the time to read everything. I'm out...
    Understandable. All this "whining" must take a lot out of you...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LostCause
    Christ....

If you're actually black, then your perspective on this is utterly flawed. There is certainly blame to be spread amongst the members of the racial group itself and improvement can be made on that front alone, however to blame them alone for their problems?...Ignorant, at best
    Ever heard the expression "There's no sense crying over spilled milk"?

Sure, we were oppressed at one time. But you know what's funny is that is slaves were brought back to life and saw the way the country has changed, they'd slap the piss out of black people who whine about not having a fair chance. Not even slaves would be proud of how certain black people are behaving these days.

Here's the reality... there is nothing in society holding back black people... NOTHING... if anything we have MORE PRIVILEGE than other groups. Ever heard of affirmative action? Tell me how fair it is for a white or asian person who is more qualified than a black to be accepted into a school or get a job to be denied or squeezed out by a lesser qualified black person. Answer: it's not fair, but it usually never gets brought up in mainstream media.

There is nothing holding blacks from getting good grades and getting into school you moron. The only thing holding black people back are black people. Ignorant, dumb black people who don't have the nuts or savvy to step up and not go down the same stupid path as the hoodlums they're surrounded by. So what do they do? They blame the system and white people for their problems. HOW CONVENIENT!!!! It's ****ing embarrassing.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
    Ever heard the expression "There's no sense crying over spilled milk"?

Sure, we were oppressed at one time. But you know what's funny is that is slaves were brought back to life and saw the way the country has changed, they'd slap the piss out of black people who whine about not having a fair chance. Not even slaves would be proud of how certain black people are behaving these days.

Here's the reality... there is nothing in society holding back black people... NOTHING... if anything we have MORE PRIVILEGE than other groups. Ever heard of affirmative action? Tell me how fair it is for a white or asian person who is more qualified than a black to be accepted into a school or get a job to be denied or squeezed out by a lesser qualified black person. Answer: it's not fair, but it usually never gets brought up in mainstream media.

There is nothing holding blacks from getting good grades and getting into school you moron. The only thing holding black people back are black people. Ignorant, dumb black people who don't have the nuts or savvy to step up and not go down the same stupid path as the hoodlums they're surrounded by. So what do they do? They blame the system and white people for their problems. HOW CONVENIENT!!!! It's ****ing embarrassing.
    Look, dude, I can't tell if you're trolling by claiming to be black or if you truly suffer from some self-hating internalized racism, but you're doing nothing but parroting agendas and information that doesn't accurately reflect reality and demeaning your own race based on the stereotypes and discrimination that others are feeding you

That's downright pathetic and embarrassing. Do your own research and think for yourself

In what world, fantasy or reality, does deeply ingrained discrimination end so quickly? Tons of the same people alive during the time Dr King was marching for equal rights are still alive today, many of the same laws that oppressed blacks then are still there now. It's completely ridiculous to pretend as if this shit all ended with your pops or granddad

Blacks have been oppressed for hundreds of years in America and thus a black household has less than 1/10th the value of a white one and you're really sitting here saying "It's all the black mans fault?" Do you not understand how wealth actually works? Great advancements have been made in the past 40 years following the Civil Rights Movements but it's flat out stupid to believe such gaps that were cultivated over hundreds of years can or will be bridged in a couple decades. That shit takes generations. Studies were even done and it would take upwards of 500 years for equality to be made there without direct intervention. Blacks are still a LONG way from recovering. In those 40 years the income disparity between blacks and whites have only narrowed by 3 cents on the dollar

Even more? Blacks make up 12-13% of the population and 14% of monthly drug users, but are 37% of those arrested for drug offenses. Then when they get arrested their average prison sentence for the same crime is 10% longer and they're seven times more likely to be imprisoned.

This is all based on factual and easily verifiable information. I even included links, yet you want to tell me there's nothing working against blacks these days except themselves?

Lastly, I'm curious, when you think of someone on welfare and food stamps, what do you think of?

A) A single, black mother
    B) A lazy, black man
    C) A white family
    D) A Hispanic Family

Isn't it amazing how the prevailing narrative is that A or B make up the people who are "leeching" off everyone else using welfare and food stamps, yet the facts show that by far the largest percentage of people on welfare is C? With Food Stamp benefits having their largest beneficiaries being whites at 48%, Blacks at 26% and Hispanics at 21%

As proven earlier, poor whites are more likely to commit violent crime than poor blacks, so the idea that blacks are just "more violent" and unable to help themselves is wrong. Violent crime is far more analogous to economic stability than it is race, the fact is that Blacks are more likely to live in areas of crime and poverty, and that obviously influences behavior. From the outside looking in you can criticize all you want, but you haven't lived it so who really cares?

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LostCause
    Look, dude, I can't tell if you're trolling by claiming to be black or if you truly suffer from some self-hating internalized racism, but you're doing nothing but parroting agendas and information that doesn't accurately reflect reality and demeaning your own race based on the stereotypes and discrimination that others are feeding you

That's downright pathetic and embarrassing. Do your own research and think for yourself

In what world, fantasy or reality, does deeply ingrained discrimination end so quickly? Tons of the same people alive during the time Dr King was marching for equal rights are still alive today, many of the same laws that oppressed blacks then are still there now. It's completely ridiculous to pretend as if this shit all ended with your pops or granddad

Blacks have been oppressed for hundreds of years in America and thus a black household has less than 1/10th the value of a white one and you're really sitting here saying "It's all the black mans fault?" Do you not understand how wealth actually works? Great advancements have been made in the past 40 years following the Civil Rights Movements but it's flat out stupid to believe such gaps that were cultivated over hundreds of years can or will be bridged in a couple decades. That shit takes generations. Studies were even done and it would take upwards of 500 years for equality to be made there without direct intervention. Blacks are still a LONG way from recovering. In those 40 years the income disparity between blacks and whites have only narrowed by 3 cents on the dollar

Even more? Blacks make up 12-13% of the population and 14% of monthly drug users, but are 37% of those arrested for drug offenses. Then when they get arrested their average prison sentence for the same crime is 10% longer and they're seven times more likely to be imprisoned.

This is all based on factual and easily verifiable information. I even included links, yet you want to tell me there's nothing working against blacks these days except themselves?

Lastly, I'm curious, when you think of someone on welfare and food stamps, what do you think of?

A) A single, black mother
    B) A lazy, black man
    C) A white family
    D) A Hispanic Family

Isn't it amazing how the prevailing narrative is that A or B make up the people who are "leeching" off everyone else using welfare and food stamps, yet the facts show that by far the largest percentage of people on welfare is C? With Food Stamp benefits having their largest beneficiaries being whites at 48%, Blacks at 26% and Hispanics at 21%

As proven earlier, poor whites are more likely to commit violent crime than poor blacks, so the idea that blacks are just "more violent" and unable to help themselves is wrong. Violent crime is far more analogous to economic stability than it is race, the fact is that Blacks are more likely to live in areas of crime and poverty, and that obviously influences behavior. From the outside looking in you can criticize all you want, but you haven't lived it so who really cares?
    An interesting thesis.

I might even agree with it, moderately; there are lots and lots of variables left out.

* Crime, vs. violent crime, vs. crime with weapons, for example;

* welfare - and crime too for that matter - as a function of IQ rather than race... interestingly it appears a range of 80 to 90 is most likely to engage in crime - why the notched graph??;
    * of course failing to examine global trends over 10s of thousands of years vs. looking only within the fish bowl of America is a major flaw.

Still, it might be a workable start. A formula, if you will.
    Bottom line, all these questions have been raised before; in fact, they are at least 200 years old, in America - decades of ante-bellum Americans were looking at these kinds of things. The English & the French & the Arabs have been searching these same grounds for a dozen centuries.

I say, talk's cheap.
    What's your solution?