Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Popovich: White People Don

Gregg Popovich rarely speaks during interviews, but when it came to discussing the current issues affecting the country today, the San Antonio Spurs head coach spoke at length about how “race is the elephant in the room in our country.

Popovich discussed Colin Kaepernick’s national anthem protest and the response it has received from those opposed to his actions. “What’s really interesting is the people that jump right away to say, one is attacking the police, or the people that jump on the other side,” Pop said. “It’s a question where understanding and empathy has to trump, no pun intended, has to trump any quick reactions of an ideological or demagogical nature.”
    Popovich said he respects the courage of the athletes who have taken a stand because “change really seems to happen through political pressure,” he said, citing Dr. Martin Luther King and the NBA’s decision to pull the 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte.

Pop also examined the differences that come into play interacting with a police officer when you’re a white person, as opposed to a black person. “It’s easier for white people because we haven’t lived that experience. It’s difficult for many white people to understand the day-to-day feeling that many black people have to deal with,” Popovich said. “I didn’t talk to my kids about how to act in front of a policeman when you get stopped. I didn’t have to do that. All of my black friends have done that. There’s something that’s wrong about that, and we all know that.
    https://twitter.com/CaseyKeirnan/sta...79115451310081

https://twitter.com/CaseyKeirnan/sta...79371823943680

https://twitter.com/CaseyKeirnan/sta...79683053887488

Tolerant Liberals

Default Re: Popovich: White People Don

Obviously people associated with NBA and NFL will have this stance, since they work with a bunch of black people. It'd be dumb for them to criticize BLM or that movement.

The truth of the matter is, we must ask ourselves: why do police target blacks more? Why don't police target asians, mexicans, or any other minority? Why don't police target hispanic girls? Why don't police target old asian men?

Nobody on the left wants to answer that question.

But I will. It's because black men are extremely more likely to be actually doing some criminal shit.

Local High School Star

I think the whole BLM movement is a bunch of victimization garbage. But if I worked on the NBA or NFL I sure as hell wouldn't admit it.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by comerb
    I think the whole BLM movement is a bunch of victimization garbage. But if I worked on the NBA or NFL I sure as hell wouldn't admit it.

Jokic Stan

That's crap to divide people even further.

Using that logic, black people can't understand white people then. Men and women can't understand each other. Tall and short people can't, fat and skinny people can't. It's all political and media driven to create action, to create stories, to get people to do shit they normally wouldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    But I will. It's because black men are extremely more likely to be actually doing some criminal shit.
    I'm not going to make any case one way or another, because these types of discussions rarely lead anywhere and I don't have the strength. But I would be curious if you could expand on that concept above. What factors are driving this, in your opinion?

5-time NBA All-Star

Obviously people associated with NBA and NFL will have this stance, since they work with a bunch of black people. It'd be dumb for them to criticize BLM or that movement.

The truth of the matter is, we must ask ourselves: why do police target blacks more? Why don't police target asians, mexicans, or any other minority? Why don't police target hispanic girls? Why don't police target old asian men?

They do target Mexican's where I live.

But here's a better answer. You're Mexican right. You slant to the right. You want to be White even if it means they tell you to build a wall to keep Mexicans out of America. Blacks aren't like you. That's not the best answer, but its better than the one you provided.

5-time NBA All-Star

Funny, the debates were on a few nights ago and most of you didn't notice the part where they said Stop and Frisk was un-Constitutional because it singled out Blacks and Latinos in NYC. 88% of the stops were harassment stops. Trump was proposing something un-Constitutional because of its slant. 80 million people watched the debates but it only went over the contributors to this post - not Dragonyeuw or the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    That's crap to divide people even further.

Using that logic, black people can't understand white people then. Men and women can't understand each other. Tall and short people can't, fat and skinny people can't. It's all political and media driven to create action, to create stories, to get people to do shit they normally wouldn't do.
    Black people can't understand white privilege though. Men can't understand the sexism that women go through, and vice versa. Tall people don't understand what short people struggle with and vice versa. You never know what something is like until you go through it yourself.

You can imagine, hear first hand stories, even see it right in front of you but you will never fully understand what anybody else is going through. It's not dividing people further by acknowledging that different people go through different things. It's a fact of life that no two people are the same and some people are treated different than others for reasons they have no control over.

NBA sixth man of the year

http://hiddencolorsfilm.com/

Also look up Dr. Claude Anderson. Watch Powernomics. Its on youtube.

Racism has nothing to do with color actually. Racism is about ECONOMICS. If you own NOTHING, you have NO POWER. In the 1800's, black folks owned less than 1% of the economy. Guess how much we own today? Take a wild guess. That's right, less than 1% of the economy. Now, unless you're going to tell me that ALL black folks are just "lazy", or whatever else you want to use, then you can't dispute this.

I could list literally tons of laws STILL IN PLACE TODAY that I bet most people had no idea even existed, that are there purposely to prevent blacks from having access to certain resources. Some of these laws, the terminology specifically says "negro" or "colored".

And when folks talk about reparations, they're not talking about just walking around handing out money to each individual. But all other groups of people who have faced persecution in this country, whether its Indians, Jewish People, Japanese people, whoever...have ALL gotten some form of reparations to help jump start and spur on these groups economies...EXCEPT for black people.

So you can whatever but facts are facts.

Until you actually focus on the ACTUAL socio-economic issues in the black communities, nothing will ever change. There need to be more opportunities to establish and ECONOMIC base in your actual community. The same way latinos and asians are able to come into any black neighborhood and set up their communities and all of their shops is the same resources we should be afforded.

What makes this worse is that you will NEVER see a random white dude or asian dude go to a black/urban community to spend his money. But black people spend our money with EVERYONE. We are easily the most generous with our money and we don't discriminate like other races do. Thats also a problem is that we don't spend money in our own communities so that the money circulates in our community, also because we've never been taught or shown truly how to do that.

So sure, racism in many cases does not really extend to the physical anymore, its economic, it always has been. And until that is understood, I don't really participate in many of these discussions.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Popovich is a globalist. Pop has a hidden agenda for pushing multiculturalism. He imports oversees workers like Ginobili, Parker, and now Gasol which forces hard working Americans like David Lee out of the league.

Pop also has a terrible track record on the African community he low balled Steven Jackson after he helped him win a title. And has consistently underpaid black talent like Duncan and now Green.

[img]http://www.************.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/jones2.png[/img]

Take a basic economics class and the physiological effects of it, then come back and try to muster up enough brain cells to make an intelligent post.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Popovich is a globalist. Pop has a hidden agenda for pushing multiculturalism. He imports oversees workers like Ginobili, Parker, and now Gasol which forces hard working Americans like David Lee out of the league.

Pop also has a terrible track record on the African community he low balled Steven Jackson after he helped him win a title. And has consistently underpaid black talent like Duncan and now Green.

YES

being black is hard!

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    http://hiddencolorsfilm.com/

Also look up Dr. Claude Anderson. Watch Powernomics. Its on youtube.

Racism has nothing to do with color actually. Racism is about ECONOMICS. If you own NOTHING, you have NO POWER. In the 1800's, black folks owned less than 1% of the economy. Guess how much we own today? Take a wild guess. That's right, less than 1% of the economy. Now, unless you're going to tell me that ALL black folks are just "lazy", or whatever else you want to use, then you can't dispute this.

I could list literally tons of laws STILL IN PLACE TODAY that I bet most people had no idea even existed, that are there purposely to prevent blacks from having access to certain resources. Some of these laws, the terminology specifically says "negro" or "colored".

And when folks talk about reparations, they're not talking about just walking around handing out money to each individual. But all other groups of people who have faced persecution in this country, whether its Indians, Jewish People, Japanese people, whoever...have ALL gotten some form of reparations to help jump start and spur on these groups economies...EXCEPT for black people.

So you can whatever but facts are facts.

Until you actually focus on the ACTUAL socio-economic issues in the black communities, nothing will ever change. There need to be more opportunities to establish and ECONOMIC base in your actual community. The same way latinos and asians are able to come into any black neighborhood and set up their communities and all of their shops is the same resources we should be afforded.

What makes this worse is that you will NEVER see a random white dude or asian dude go to a black/urban community to spend his money. But black people spend our money with EVERYONE. We are easily the most generous with our money and we don't discriminate like other races do. Thats also a problem is that we don't spend money in our own communities so that the money circulates in our community, also because we've never been taught or shown truly how to do that.

So sure, racism in many cases does not really extend to the physical anymore, its economic, it always has been. And until that is understood, I don't really participate in many of these discussions.
    Great post. Race was/is a construct for economic manipulation. There has never been an admission to the horrors done and continued to be done in its name. Books that are required reading like a Brave New World show its projection into the future as an economic construct. Weird, that people can read that book and not come away with realizing that. Your points are well made Dro.