Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: So AD is on LeBron's level?

He's far above it. LeBald will simply always be on the more stacked team though.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I love Davis, but I don't think he's in that class with KD/LeBron/CP3 yet. Big box score numbers, but needs to be more consistent defensively.
    Yeah, I can't say much on the subject one way or the other. This is the only Pelicans game I've been able to watch this year, and I only got to watch most of the second half. If he's not top 3 yet, he'll very likely be there by the end of the year. I do agree about his defense, though, if that has carried over this year. From what I saw last year (when he was healthy) I do think he was a little overrated defensively. But obviously his defensive potential is pretty much limitless.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    People need to stop overrating him... With that said, dude's already great and still very young.
    I agree with the first part, but the second part...come on. Lebron's been in the league for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I agree with the first part, but the second part...come on. Lebron's been in the league for years now.

That's how you use that picture right?

I love Davis, but I don't think he's in that class with KD/LeBron/CP3 yet. Big box score numbers, but needs to be more consistent defensively.
    Chris Paul isnt on Lebron or Durants level.

Anthony Davis needs time. Big numbers average impact. Although he will clealy get there. Needs to stop letting the team chuck while he is on the court. Also needs to expand pass the pick and roll.

Kobe Stan

Are you serious? Dude averages like 4 blocks and 3 steals a game.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    If he keeps up something close to this level for an entire season, I see no reason to believe why he's already not better than Paul. I think he has more 2 way impact on the game than Paul.

That said, for Bron and Durant, that will require a couple of seasons of consistent excellence to reach, but perfectly within his grasp especially as Bron will begin declining soon.
    This was pretty much my view on Davis going into the season. He certainly has the potential to reach the LeBron and KD tier, and thought he'd have a very good chance of overtaking Paul as the third best player in the league this year. But yeah, to just reach (let alone pass) Durant or LeBron, he's going to have to have several healthy seasons of sustained elite play, simply because that's how high Durant and LeBron have set the bar. LeBron is a top 5 talent all-time, and Durant will likely go down as one of the 15-25 best players ever, if not higher.

Now, if the Pelicans don't start improving in the win column within the next 2-3 years, then you have to start looking into just how impactful Davis really is. Right now he gets a pass because the Pelicans haven't been able to stay healthy the last two years. Of course Davis hasn't been able to stay healthy either, which could be a knock on him if that trend continues.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    He's far above it. LeBald will simply always be on the more stacked team though.
    Kobe has a better team right now and is 1-5

Banned

Davis had a great game that didn't require many plays to be ran for him. Sure his team lost but he didn't have the line up the cavs have and his coach is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    He's ecstatic that his superstacked team eeked out the win versus Davis and inferiority.

Slayed.

Banned

AD just had another monster game, one in which teammates weren't doing enough to get him the balll on offense (I'm looking at you Tyreke ).

On the other hand Bron had his first truly great game of the season and got grade A help from his all star friends. Both guys have led their teams (if you consider 11 pts in a game 'leading') to the same record despite LeHomeComing having the far better supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak

Davis had a great game that didn't require many plays to be ran for him. Sure his team lost but he didn't have the line up the cavs have and his coach is rubbish.
    No disrespect to Davis, but he doesnt have the offense game yet to have a lot of plays run for him. Dude is an elite garbage man. [COLOR="White"]Bait. [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk

Lololololololol

Word.

Ffpliii needs to get permabanned for that nonsense.

Odds on favorite to win dpoy.

Pfffft! Eyebrows will be the best player in 2-3 years and bran will be insignificant by then.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Chris Paul isnt on Lebron or Durants level.
    He's not their equal, but he's in the same tier IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Blocks and steals don't tell us much about a guy's defense, cmon my dude. 90% of what guys do on that end is not captured in the box score.