Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Revisiting the Ray allen and Kobe Bryant beef

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Surely you cant use the number of threads created about a certain player to gauge their popularity. All you ever see here is Shaq/Jordan/Kobe/Lebron/Wade/Melo/Durant/Bird/Magic/Wilt threads.

I cant even remember the last malone thread, is he an afterthought?
    Open your eyes.. there's one on the first page.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    So is this ray allen thread

And there was a stockton thread yesterday.

If those even count.
    Last edited by PowerGlove; 07-31-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    So is this ray allen thread
    It would be if people were mentioning his career, achievement or else. But since it's Ray talking about Kobe then it has more to do with Kobe.

As for him being a MAJOR contributor of the 96 draft class, he pales in comparison to what Kobe, AI or Nash have done.

Lets see.. what will people mention about Ray in 10 years? Go ahead. That he was a great shooter and won a title as the 3rd best player on his team?

Local High School Star

It would be if people were mentioning his career, achievement or else. But since it's Ray talking about Kobe then it has more to do with Kobe.

As for him being a MAJOR contributor of the 96 draft class, he pales in comparison to what Kobe, AI or Nash have done.

Lets see.. what will people mention about Ray in 10 years? Go ahead. That he was a great shooter and won a title as the 3rd best player on his team?
    Dont forgot top 10 GOAT S.G too... and he was second in finals mvp voting in 08 so theres somethin for you... o and theres a ray allen hall of fame thread in like the 3rd or 4th page too just thought you should know... what will ppl know nash for? Being the ultimate passer but your not discrediting him are you? Rays shooting gets mentioned because hes so elite at it... but his all around game is vastly underrated but at least most ppl here would at least consider putting him in their top 10 shooting guards of all time list but according to you he will be an afterthought and now he will be mentioned as a shooter make up your mind will he be an afterthought or not lol... as for the draft class what ray has done only pales in comparison to Kobe... A.I is out of the league while ray is still playing at a high level... not to say A.I doesnt have a better career then ray but what ray has done certainly doesnt "pale" in comparison to nash or A.I

Stockton pales in comparison to what Hakeem/Jordan/Barkley did too and people were just talking about him yesterday.

Not an afterthought at all.

3-time NBA All-Star

you cant blame kobe for wanting to be the man. but at the same time, shaq career did not reach its full potential of being the goat because of kobe. imo if kobe wanted to be the man, he should be the one who left and prove himself if he can win on a small market team.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    you cant blame kobe for wanting to be the man. but at the same time, shaq career did not reach its full potential of being the goat because of kobe. imo if kobe wanted to be the man, he should be the one who left and prove himself if he can win on a small market team.
    Cant blame him at all... he was being stuck under shaqs giant shadow even though he was absolutely ballin during those yrs... minus the 04 piston finals which was an absolute horrendous showing by kobe

Ray wasnt on seattle when kobe hit 12 3's on them... on another note I found it hilarious that ray was right about that and even funnier that the same yr he took his garbage team to the playoffs while kobe sat home... they both had some pretty epic games back in the day against each other
    Hilarious but nothing beats last years Finals! I guess Kobe got the last laugh

I'm seriously starting to crave some kobe beef.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Um, Shaq didn't reach his potential because of his work ethic, not because Bryant took away some of the glory or whatever you want to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Um, Shaq didn't reach his potential because of his work ethic, not because Bryant took away some of the glory or whatever you want to call it.
    While I agree, you dont think Kobe had any doing with Shaq's chances to get another Finals MVP and title in 2004? Kobe was historically awful that series.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    Hilarious but nothing beats last years Finals! I guess Kobe got the last laugh
    Damn you kobe fans are so sensitive

Dont forgot top 10 GOAT S.G too... and he was second in finals mvp voting in 08 so theres somethin for you... o and theres a ray allen hall of fame thread in like the 3rd or 4th page too just thought you should know... what will ppl know nash for? Being the ultimate passer but your not discrediting him are you? Rays shooting gets mentioned because hes so elite at it... but his all around game is vastly underrated but at least most ppl here would at least consider putting him in their top 10 shooting guards of all time list but according to you he will be an afterthought and now he will be mentioned as a shooter make up your mind will he be an afterthought or not lol... as for the draft class what ray has done only pales in comparison to Kobe... A.I is out of the league while ray is still playing at a high level... not to say A.I doesnt have a better career then ray but what ray has done certainly doesnt "pale" in comparison to nash or A.I
    Being top 10 in SG is a sign that he won't be an afterthought? Jerry West for all he achieved is mostly remembered now for being The Logo. Nobody mentions him in any conversation except once every February 30th or when he comments on the current Lakers success or struggle.

AI despite winning MVP, scoring titles, changing the image of the league has now become the butt of the joke for a lot of people. Nash with 2 MVPs will probably slowly fade away once he retires. So you want to think Ray Allen will be remembered and brought up in countless conversations? Please.

People will always bring out MJ, KAJ, Wilt, Magic, Bird and co because of what they achieved. You think Ray Allen won't be an afterthought? No legendary series to spend countless hours to talk about, no insane stats, no individual dominance, nothing memorable except that 3 point record.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Stockton pales in comparison to what Hakeem/Jordan/Barkley did too and people were just talking about him yesterday.

Not an afterthought at all.
    Went 5 pages back and seen no thread dedicated to him. Link?

And I never said nobody will ever mention Stockton. I said Malone might be mentioned 1000 times when Stockton maybe once. Don't pretend it's not the truth. Malone and Barkley pop up regularly here, Stockton not so much. Yeah, he's an afterthought.
    Last edited by Phong; 07-31-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Damn you kobe fans are so sensitive
    super!