Page 128 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130131138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2487

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

I do NOT want Derozen at max money btw. It is the single dumbest thing the Lakers can do. He is too streaky and not a better defensive player than Clarkson. Clarkson is also muuuch cheaper and better overall player (unless if you need better shooting, you stick with Clarkson). Better to spend that extra money on a center or buffing up the bench.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

There's no sense even trying for Drummond. The Pistons are going to give him the max and resign him. No way he leaves Detroit. Whiteside is a long shot too. Jefferson would be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    There's no sense even trying for Drummond. The Pistons are going to give him the max and resign him. No way he leaves Detroit. Whiteside is a long shot too. Jefferson would be possible.
    I would still offer the max to all 3. Nothing wrong with trying

I think Miami will have trouble giving Whiteside the max bec of the money they committed to Dragic, Bosh and possibly Wade.
    My problem of throwing max offers just like that is some players tend to be fat and lazy bec of that guaranteed money. I think of Carlos Boozer at Chicago. Some players also would take their sweet time to play again after suffering some questionable injuries. Guys like TMac or Marbury... and yes even Rose. Same just don't work out and/or deteriorate like Roy Hibbert or Lance Stephenson
    Whiteside seems like a ticking bomb as in you never know when he'll explode then the issue on Drummond who just is plain liability when he goes to the FT line.
    But I get what Bladefd is saying, Buss must NOT quit after one try and fold his hands, Riley tried to get Elton Brand, Clips matched so he again tried and landed Odom, which he later on flip along with other pieces to get Shaq.
    I would target Horford first then Batum if Charlotte matches, then I go after Al Jeff and see if the Hornets can really afford both of them.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 05-31-2016 at 12:40 PM.

brandon ingram and whiteside. that is all.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default 2017 Champions

Russell/Clarkson/Parsons/Randle/Whiteside
    Williams/J.Brown/Ingram/Nance Jr/Black
    Huertas/Young/A.Brown/Auguste/Zubac

81 regular season wins in tribute to Kobe, and a NBA Championship right there.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I think Miami will have trouble giving Whiteside the max bec of the money they committed to Dragic, Bosh and possibly Wade.
    My problem of throwing max offers just like that is some players tend to be fat and lazy bec of that guaranteed money. I think of Carlos Boozer at Chicago. Some players also would take their sweet time to play again after suffering some questionable injuries. Guys like TMac or Marbury... and yes even Rose. Same just don't work out and/or deteriorate like Roy Hibbert or Lance Stephenson
    Whiteside seems like a ticking bomb as in you never know when he'll explode then the issue on Drummond who just is plain liability when he goes to the FT line.
    But I get what Bladefd is saying, Buss must NOT quit after one try and fold his hands, Riley tried to get Elton Brand, Clips matched so he again tried and landed Odom, which he later on flip along with other pieces to get Shaq.
    I would target Horford first then Batum if Charlotte matches, then I go after Al Jeff and see if the Hornets can really afford both of them.
    Yes, no matter who you sign to a long term deal is always a gamble of some sort. You may have a guy who doesn't pan out, doesn't give it his all, etc. There is risk with Whiteside but I think the gamble is worth it. Watching him in the playoffs showed me the type of impact a guy his size can make. He may not be the defender his stats show but his rebounding and presence is huge. Fills a big void for the Lakers at this time. They may or may not win on this deal, but I would go for it

NBA lottery pick

C is the only position that the Lakers need to fill. There's really only 4 guys that are going to listen to offers from teams. Horford, Whiteside, Howard, and Noah. I think the Lakers are going to have to try to throw some money at one of those guys. It's probably not going to be Howard.

C is the only position that the Lakers need to fill. There's really only 4 guys that are going to listen to offers from teams. Horford, Whiteside, Howard, and Noah. I think the Lakers are going to have to try to throw some money at one of those guys. It's probably not going to be Howard.
    No to Howard and Noah. I really like the attitude of Horford but I heard the Lakers is not one of his considerations. I heard/read that they however have a legit chance of getting Whiteside eventho teams like Dallas, Miami are very motivated in luring him. I would be excited if they get him but if not, acquiring Ezelli or Aldrich I think would be ok. I just wish they invest more on scouts and trainers like Miami who found undrafted guys like Haslem, Whiteside etc. They signed Oden a few years back, assigned a trainer to work on him but didn't panned out. I love the way that they keep trying....

College superstar

The issue with tossing a max deal at a player like Drummond in particular and, to a lesser amount, Whiteside, is that your money is then tied up until the other team decides to match or not. Which means you can't keep signing other FAs. And for a team that needs as much help as the Lakers, that's not an ideal situation. Don't want your money tied up, at all, this summer on players that are likely not coming to you.

As for Al Jefferson . Such a bad fit. All that he does well is score, and you should want Ingram and Randle to be your go-to scorers.

I would focus on younger players that can grow with the Lakers' core. Obviously the biggest needs are an athletic rim protector, and then some 3p shooting.

Mozgov
    Augustin
    Bazemore
    Rush
    Wes Johnson
    Cole
    Ryan Anderson
    Gordon
    Teletovic
    Leuer
    Biyombo
    Alan Anderson

That's a long list of the type of players I'd target. Bazemore and Gordon are the only non-centers that deserve to start over anyone on your team. But essentially you're looking for those high-end role players; you (hopefully) have the stars of the future.

Home of the 16

Randle has the scoring ability of a Tyson Chandler or a Robin Lopez, more off the rebound rather than creating his own shot, though, he does create his own shot from time to time. One would say he drives like a madman. I would like to see him create his own shot more efficiently often this season, on that mid-range jumper as well. A 4/PF who can't shoot doesn't sell well.

NBA lottery pick

He averaged a double double last season. Outside of one game the previous season he was pretty much a rookie last season. Those are very good numbers. His scoring will increase. I think the Lakers are set at PF for a while. I'm not saying he's going to necessarily be an All-Star at this point but he's definitely proven he's a starter. The Lakers really need a C that compliments his game.

Lakers signed Mozgov to a 64mil deal over 4 years.. ARE YOU FU<KING KIDDING ME? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AROUND HERE?

I am just losing my mind hee, guys. I have officially given up on the Lakers. I will still be a Lakers fan and cheer for them, but I am not expecting them to go anywhere as long as Jim Buss is running the show..

ONE HOUR AFTER FREE AGENCY BEGAN? They rushed the signing 1 HOUR IN?

I am sorry. I give up. We are getting nonwhere anytime soon unless if we can pull off a mega trade.

Home of the 16

He averaged a double double last season. Outside of one game the previous season he was pretty much a rookie last season. Those are very good numbers. His scoring will increase. I think the Lakers are set at PF for a while. I'm not saying he's going to necessarily be an All-Star at this point but he's definitely proven he's a starter. The Lakers really need a C that compliments his game.
    I agree, those are just my main concerns for him. I hope he'll develop a sweet jumper later on.

As for the 5 pos., I was hoping for Joakim, he seems like a genuine guy, he'll likely stay if he's utilized well. I read that he didn't like where Bulls' FO was heading and he wasn't really (again) utilized properly, minutes decreased (I'm aware of his injuries, don't really know the specifics, didn't bother). But if you play him well, he'll fit right in.

It's up to what you want, really, if you want spacing & versatility offensively, you trade Randle for someone who can play from the outside and down low. If you want that traditional lineup where you would want your bigs to hustle and out rebound, you keep Randle. This goes back to him developing a jumper, you can't move him to 5, in situationals -- you can, but for the majority, he's too small. I wish we had Prime LO again. Such a unique skillset to have.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Lakers signed Mozgov to a 64mil deal over 4 years.. ARE YOU FU<KING KIDDING ME? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AROUND HERE?

I am just losing my mind hee, guys. I have officially given up on the Lakers. I will still be a Lakers fan and cheer for them, but I am not expecting them to go anywhere as long as Jim Buss is running the show..

ONE HOUR AFTER FREE AGENCY BEGAN? They rushed the signing 1 HOUR IN?

I am sorry. I give up. We are getting nonwhere anytime soon unless if we can pull off a mega trade.
    It's official? I thought he only verbally agreed to it? Oops.

Edit: Anyone up for Brandon Jennings sharing minutes with D'Lo & JC? Haha! There goes FG%.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 07-01-2016 at 02:42 AM.