Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Default Jimmy Butler - is he deserving of a max deal? Will he get a max deal?

2-part question:

Do you think Jimmy Butler is deserving of a max contract?

Do you think Jimmy Butler will get a max contract?

Default Re: Jimmy Butler - is he deserving of a max deal? Will he get a max deal?

Bulls cant be out here giving out max contracts like that

He will get 12ish million

Default Re: Jimmy Butler - is he deserving of a max deal? Will he get a max deal?

For me, it's a NO to both questions.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Looking at how many players get what fans call a max deal......the quality of those players...their potential...production? Hes right there.

He isnt what id call a max player. But the system doesnt work that way. You have to pay pretty much anyone who can score 19 twice a week and play good D 2-15 million a year.

The max is virtually meaningless now. It only really shows how special a player is when teams show the discipline needed to offer them to the no brainer types. Which they never have.

When random good players get near max deals...it doesnt matter anymore.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

No and yes.

Basketball Genius

bulls are historically cheap

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

yes and yes

Not from the bulls though, they are over the cap. He like kawai will have to go elsewhere to get paid.

NBA Legend

I wouldnt give him a max, but I hold the position that there are less than a half dozen players who actually SHOULD get the max.

WILL he get the max? Considering the number of players that actually do get it and how he stacks up with them on average, I guess I wouldnt doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I wouldnt give him a max, but I hold the position that there are less than a half dozen players who actually SHOULD get the max.

WILL he get the max? Considering the number of players that actually do get it and how he stacks up with them on average, I guess I wouldnt doubt it.
    Then you have a warped viewpoint of the max, especially when considering this is a rookie max. Any all-star or fringe all-star deserves the max.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    Then you have a warped viewpoint of the max, especially when considering this is a rookie max. Any all-star or fringe all-star deserves the max.

Helllll yeah

Signed,
    Joe Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

Helllll yeah

Signed,
    Joe Johnson
    He deserves the max too, he is the best player on the nets so why not. It should work out to where every team has 3 max players on it. I think once the new tv deal comes through it will be the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    He deserves the max too, he is the best player on the nets so why not. It should work out to where every team has 3 max players on it. I think once the new tv deal comes through it will be the standard.
    What?

He's had a good 10 games or so. Clearly, he should be maxed out

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    What?
    ya

okkk

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

No and hopefully no.

I still remember being pissed that we didn't get marshon brooks or shumpert, worked out for the better