Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Celtics furious that Kevin Durant got so many free throw attempts

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Umm did you just expose your alternate account?
    Oh wait sh.it wrong account.....

-Smak

If I post videos of Josh Smith making 3s, does that mean he is a good 3 point shooter?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Garnett used to post more when he was younger, in Minnie. It's not about muscle so much as the facts that his role changed when he came here (he's not primary the focus of the offense and never was) and he's lost a lot of his athletic ability to finish inside. And the idea that Garnett is unclutch is stupid. He doesn't elevate his game much, I'll concede that, but before he lost his athletic ability his game was already at an extremely high level. He was the Cs best player in the Championship postseason run, and how you can do that while being a bad clutch player I have no idea, because that makes no sense.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    If I post videos of Josh Smith making 3s, does that mean he is a good 3 point shooter?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puj2HzfXXM8

KG is clutch. Grow a pair, he would likely kick your ass whenever he wanted. he is also (from what I gather) top 5 PF all time in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puj2HzfXXM8

KG is clutch. Grow a pair, he would likely kick your ass whenever he wanted. he is also (from what I gather) top 5 PF all time in the game.
    From what you gather? In other words you didn't actually watch him play. Figures

KG has never been clutch. Even when he was in Minny he was reluctant to take shots in crunch time. It wasn't until they got real clutch players like Cassell and Spree that they got past the 1st round.

In his first year with Boston there were Boston fans on here complaining about how KG would wimp out in crunch time. The numbers don't lie.

http://82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

KG shot a weak 41% in crunch time, 68% from the line.

KG would have trouble punching his way out of a paper bag. I have seen him in person up close at a gym and he is not the least bit intimidating. He looks like a strong wind could blow him over.
    Last edited by tontoz; 04-02-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Garnett used to post more when he was younger, in Minnie. It's not about muscle so much as the facts that his role changed when he came here (he's not primary the focus of the offense and never was) and he's lost a lot of his athletic ability to finish inside. And the idea that Garnett is unclutch is stupid. He doesn't elevate his game much, I'll concede that, but before he lost his athletic ability his game was already at an extremely high level. He was the Cs best player in the Championship postseason run, and how you can do that while being a bad clutch player I have no idea, because that makes no sense.
    Playing at a high level and being a clutch player aren't the same thing. Cassell wasnt' a HOF player but he was always a clutch player. Even if KG was the C's best player in their championship run that doesn't make him a clutch player.

Even in his prime with Minny KG didn't take it inside as much as Bosh does now and Bosh gets called soft.

Here are the clutch stats from KG's first year in Boston.

http://82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

He scored less in the clutch than such notables as Mike Dunleavy and Deshaun Stevenson. KG shot a dismal 41% in clutch time. Mr Weak Sauce shot 68% from the foul line in clutch time.
    Last edited by tontoz; 04-02-2010 at 12:03 PM.

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

basically celtics are upset Durant destroyed them in boston so they make excuses. Typical

Quote Originally Posted by joyner82
    basically celtics are upset Durant destroyed them in boston so they make excuses. Typical
    Ding ding. Sore winner - sore loser Celtics.