Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Chris Bosh robbed of $479K in jewelry while at his birthday part

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...-heat/2053153/

The home of Chris Bosh was robbed of at least $479,000 in jewelry, purses and other goods, but not of his NBA championship ring, while the Miami Heat star was out celebrating his 29th birthday, Miami Beach Police said Thursday.

Bosh and his wife returned from a Miami club to find their closet ransacked, according to police. The couple had left their two children home with housekeepers while they attended the well-publicized party. No one in the house said they heard any noise, police said.

Bosh arrived at the party Wednesday night via helicopter and a yacht. Numerous local and social media sites reported that most fellow Heat players were there, including stars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, many of them dressed in Saharan garb.

There was no forceable entry and the closet appears to have been picked over with care. The championship ring stayed, but other jewelry, watches, ring and purses were taken.

"We are leaning on the side of this being an inside job," said Miami Beach Police spokesman Bobby Hernandez.

Bosh and his wife, Adrienne, called police after returning from a Moroccan-themed party that included belly dancers, fire breathers and a live camel.

The investigation is ongoing.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: Chris Bosh robbed of $479K in jewelry while at his birthday part

If you have half a mill worth of jewelry in your closet i don't feel bad for you if you lose it

NBA lottery pick

Well obviously it's the housekeeper.

NBA lottery pick

You have to watch who you let in your house, etc. Obviously, seems like an inside job. Someone Bosh probably thought he could trust. You can't really trust anyone these days. Everyone and anyone could have an agenda.

Hopefully, he recovers the stolen property. 470k+ worth of jewelry needs to be better secured. The fact he had house keepers, contractors, etc in his house only adds to the likely hood it was someone he had already let in his house.

F*ck having 479K worth of jewelry

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    If you have half a mill worth of jewelry in your closet i don't feel bad for you if you lose it

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Is it still not his stuff? Why does it matter how much he has in the closet?

Well, you know what they say; robbery is the sincerest form of flattery.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=295242

he def should have had a safe in his closet...

I bet he does have a safe built into his closet but just was too lazy to put all his jewelry in it...

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Well, you know what they say; robbery is the sincerest form of flattery.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=295242
    didn't see...my bad

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    didn't see...my bad
    Aww. That makes me wanna delete my thread.

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Wow, someone came out of the closet at Bosh's house and it wasn't him? Haha

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Hopefully he didn't lose his Championship ring... that would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Hopefully he didn't lose his Championship ring... that would suck.
    The robbers didn't touch the ring and left a note saying "We don't wanna steal from the NBA refs, only the players."

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

its lebron's mother