Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Charles Barkley on why Michael Jordan won

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Jordan didn't disagree with it.
    off course not, he just called Barkley a loser a minute before. But who cares? Let's continue with the idiotic agenda thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59

So when this happened in '98 w/ Jordan at age 35 (after Pippen missed half the season following back surgery0:

And immediately the next season, Pippen at age 32 plays all 50 games:

He was a shell.

How convenient.
    And he played 82 games with the Blazers the very next season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    And he played 82 games with the Blazers the very next season.
    And he showed how much of a winner he was compared to Mr. 1-9 Jordan by taking a stacked WCF runner up... to another WCF runner up bid.

Not bad for a shell of a man.

So when this happened in '98 w/ Jordan at age 35 (after Pippen missed half the season following back surgery0:

And immediately the next season, Pippen at age 32 plays all 50 games:

He was a shell.

How convenient.
    Shhhh.... pippen gave those rings to jordan. All jordan and their other team mates did was sit back and relax coz pippen got this.

NBA sixth man of the year

The Bulls minus MJ are not more talented than the Suns. No way, lol. The Bulls have Pippen, the Suns have Kevin Johnson. They got Majerle and Danny Ainge, they're definitely better than BJ Armstrong or John Paxson. The Bulls had Trent Tucker coming off the bench. Now I realize Tucker got hot in game 6 of the '93 Finals, but come on.

Pippen would be the best player on the court, followed closely by KJ. KJ averaged around 23ppg in that series if I remember.

Then you have Richard Dumas, Tom Chambers, Chambers coming off the bench behind Barkley.

The centers were equally average, Oliver Miller and Mark West, and Cartwright, Stacey King, Will Perdue.

The Bulls have Grant but I think the Phoenix is deeper and more talented.

It was pretty much the same formula that many teams try now but it fails, a full group of good players, maybe a great one in Phoenix's case vs. 2 great players and a bunch of role players. They stars/superstars usually win.

GS this year had 2 great players, the Cavs had one, who knows what Irving would have done...

And he showed how much of a winner he was compared to Mr. 1-9 Jordan by taking a stacked WCF runner up... to another WCF runner up bid.

Not bad for a shell of a man.
    Pip had a golden opportunity to somewhat get out of MJ's shadows in 2000. Stacked Blazers team and his team choked away game 7. That Blazers team would've no doubt beaten Indiana. But he failed.

3-time NBA All-Star

It never ceases to amaze me as to how bullheaded some of you guys are. I remember when we used to discuss who was better between the two three-peat Jordan's and I said that at worst The second three-peat Jordan was slightly less athletic but more cerebral and had a better jumper. Then a poster posted an interview of Jordan in 96 in which he said he was about "97%" of what he was athletically when compared to where he was in 91-93. But because it didn't fit your narrative, you guys (Guy was one of the ring leaders) just refused to accept it.
    I don't even remember this conversation.

But anyway, so you think Jordan when he's trying to prove he's still the best player in the world is going to admit/believe that he's fallen off a lot athletically?How many people easily admit that they have fallen off from their craft as they have gotten older? Kobe Bryant would probably tell you that's he's still a top 10 player today. You're gullible as **** By the way, how does what he said in 96 speak for the whole 2nd three peat? This has nothing to do with narrative. Anyone that saw both versions could clearly see an athletic decline.

Decent college freshman

So MJ had help? Say wuuut

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    The Bulls minus MJ are not more talented than the Suns. No way, lol. The Bulls have Pippen, the Suns have Kevin Johnson. They got Majerle and Danny Ainge, they're definitely better than BJ Armstrong or John Paxson. The Bulls had Trent Tucker coming off the bench. Now I realize Tucker got hot in game 6 of the '93 Finals, but come on.

Pippen would be the best player on the court, followed closely by KJ. KJ averaged around 23ppg in that series if I remember.

Then you have Richard Dumas, Tom Chambers, Chambers coming off the bench behind Barkley.

The centers were equally average, Oliver Miller and Mark West, and Cartwright, Stacey King, Will Perdue.

The Bulls have Grant but I think the Phoenix is deeper and more talented.

It was pretty much the same formula that many teams try now but it fails, a full group of good players, maybe a great one in Phoenix's case vs. 2 great players and a bunch of role players. They stars/superstars usually win.

GS this year had 2 great players, the Cavs had one, who knows what Irving would have done...
    Talent vs being a better team. Tremendous difference

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I don't even remember this conversation.

But anyway, so you think Jordan when he's trying to prove he's still the best player in the world is going to admit/believe that he's fallen off a lot athletically?How many people easily admit that they have fallen off from their craft as they have gotten older? Kobe Bryant would probably tell you that's he's still a top 10 player today. You're gullible as **** By the way, how does what he said in 96 speak for the whole 2nd three peat? This has nothing to do with narrative. Anyone that saw both versions could clearly see an athletic decline.
    Decline yes. But to the point where it was a difference maker? Or made one better than the other? No. Either way the point is that you guys feel you know more than the person himself when discussing said person.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    off course not, he just called Barkley a loser a minute before. But who cares? Let's continue with the idiotic agenda thread.
    Lol what agenda? Thats Jordan actually had great talent around him and the league knew it? Guilty as charged.

3-time NBA All-Star

Decline yes. But to the point where it was a difference maker? Or made one better than the other? No. Either way the point is that you guys feel you know more than the person himself when discussing said person.
    Well Jordan was clearly still very athletic and the best player in the league, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a notable athletic decline i.e. he wasn't just 97%.

No it doesn't. I just understand that people have egos so I'm not gullible enough to take what they say publicly as gospel knowing that they will cater to their ego. Not everyone is as simple minded as you. Oh and by the way, I also have eyes and there's a ton of tape displaying Jordan's athletcism. I don't NEED to actually BE Jordan to have an informed opinion about that.

Well Jordan was clearly still very athletic and the best player in the league, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a notable athletic decline i.e. he wasn't just 97%.
    Right. And like every other situation, you know better than what actually happened.

No it doesn't. I just understand that people have egos so I'm not gullible enough to take what they say publicly as gospel knowing that they will cater to their ego. Not everyone is as simple minded as you. Oh and by the way, I also have eyes and there's a ton of tape displaying Jordan's athletcism. I don't NEED to actually BE Jordan to have an informed opinion about that.
    Again. Because it goes against your opinion. I didn't see that much of a difference and.he obviously didn't feel that much different. I'll take the man at his word.

I find it funny that your type always think you know more than what actually happened or what a man says as to how he feels about a situation. Barkley felt Jordan had a better team than him. The facts show that he did. Jordan didnt disagree with him. Take the L and move on. Jordan could've said that he had a great team around him as well.

I posted this to show that Jordan had great players around him. Why argue against it?

3-time NBA All-Star

Right. And like every other situation, you know better than what actually happened.

Again. Because it goes against your opinion. I didn't see that much of a difference and.he obviously didn't feel that much different. I'll take the man at his word.

I find it funny that your type always think you know more than what actually happened or what a man says as to how he feels about a situation. Barkley felt Jordan had a better team than him. The facts show that he did. Jordan didnt disagree with him. Take the L and move on. Jordan could've said that he had a great team around him as well.

I posted this to show that Jordan had great players around him. Why argue against it?
    What facts? And what do they show?

Barkley has also said stuff like Pippen was nothing without Jordan. Doesn't that pretty much contradict what he's saying here? Maybe Jordan realized he's on Oprah and not at a bar with his friends so he didn't want to create a controversy. You really think if they had that same exchange in private that someone as super-competitive and sensitive as Jordan is just letting it end right there?

You're clearly gullible and simple minded and/or you just don't comprehend. No point of going around in circles with you.

What facts? And what do they show?

Barkley has also said stuff like Pippen was nothing without Jordan. Doesn't that pretty much contradict what he's saying here? Maybe Jordan realized he's on Oprah and not at a bar with his friends so he didn't want to create a controversy. You really think if they had that same exchange in private that someone as super-competitive and sensitive as Jordan is just letting it end right there?

You're clearly gullible and simple minded and/or you just don't comprehend. No point of going around in circles with you.
    He called Barkley a loser at least twice. That is or was his best friend. I doubt hed pull any punches where Pippen is comcerned. Do you remember Jordans hall of fame speech? Did you ever think that Jordan didn't feel the need to diminish Pippen because he knows Pip did help him? And Pippen was a great player? And lets not forget Barkely also acknowledged Rodman as well.