Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Charles Barkley on why Michael Jordan won

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    You actually expect Jordan to throw Pippen under the bus by arguing that?
    Why does Jordan have ti throw Pippen under the bus??? Because it doesn't fall in line with your narrative? Come on.

For you to take any of those opinions seriously is a joke. Malone and Clyde are two of the saltiest players ever. Malone literally chose Pippen over Jordan in his fantasy starting 5 and Clyde is a broken record of excuses (said the same thing about Magic too).
    Malone chose Oscar Robertson over Jordan. Not Pippen. He then recanted his statement.

And Barkley? He's said numerous times that when they met in 93 he felt he had enough but just had to admit that Jordan was better then him. He also has played with Dr. J and Moses, KJ, Hakeem and Clyde (while Jordan was playing with Pippen and Rodman). Oh and by the way, there's probably no one that has belittled Pippen more publicly then Barkley.
    I don't see what your point is. Barkley felt he had enough then after losing obviously realised he didn't. People can change their minds you know. Hes also called Jordan the great ever. Is he talking out of his ass on that stance as well?

Pippen was great, but the main difference between Jordan winning and those guys winning was not Pippen. It was the fact that Jordan was clearly better then those guys.
    Thats and the fact that he had a better team than they did. You gonna tell me the that the Suns without Barkley were better than the Bulls without Jordan?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    I don't take what Barkley has to say seriously. He talks out of his ass a lot.
    True and he contradicts himself a lot as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Thats and the fact that he had a better team than they did. You gonna tell me the that the Suns without Barkley were better than the Bulls without Jordan?
    The Suns won 53 games and had a second round berth the season before Chuck got there, virtually the same as the Bulls in their first year post Jordan.

The Suns were more talented than the Bulls in '93, which is why Jordan needed godly production to win an air tight 6 game series that could've easily gone to 7 in Phoenix's favor.

And why has there been no mention of Pippen joining Barkley and Hakeem the season after he missed half the year with a bad back and the Bulls still won the championship... while the Rockets got bounced in the first round and the team imploded?

It never ceases to amaze me as to how bullheaded some of you guys are. I remember when we used to discuss who was better between the two three-peat Jordan's and I said that at worst The second three-peat Jordan was slightly less athletic but more cerebral and had a better jumper. Then a poster posted an interview of Jordan in 96 in which he said he was about "97%" of what he was athletically when compared to where he was in 91-93. But because it didn't fit your narrative, you guys (Guy was one of the ring leaders) just refused to accept it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Charles Barkley isn't an expert on winning Championships

3-time NBA All-Star

Why does Jordan have ti throw Pippen under the bus??? Because it doesn't fall in line with your narrative? Come on.

Malone chose Oscar Robertson over Jordan. Not Pippen. He then recanted his statement.

I don't see what your point is. Barkley felt he had enough then after losing obviously realised he didn't. People can change their minds you know. Hes also called Jordan the great ever. Is he talking out of his ass on that stance as well?

If Jordan disagreed with Barkley that he would've beaten him regardless of Pippen, he would never argue it publicly. So my point is the fact that he didn't argue it there is irrelevant.

Whatever the case, for him not to pick Jordan clearly shows how salty he is.

Barkley has been saying that type of stuff TO THIS DAY.

Talent wise as they were in 93? Maybe. Obviously the Bulls have an edge when it comes to experience. Either way they were about on the same level. The difference between Jordan and Barkley was bigger then the difference in their supporting casts. Switch Jordan and Barkley and let's say since their about on the same level switch Grant and Majerle to account for positional differences. Suns win.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    The Suns won 53 games and had a second round berth the season before Chuck got there, virtually the same as the Bulls in their first year post Jordan.

The Suns were more talented than the Bulls in '93, which is why Jordan needed godly production to win an air tight 6 game series that could've easily gone to 7 in Phoenix's favor.

And why has there been no mention of Pippen joining Barkley and Hakeem the season after he missed half the year with a bad back and the Bulls still won the championship... while the Rockets got bounced in the first round and the team imploded?
    The Bulls won 55 without MJ and barring injury would've went 60+...

So that's definite proof that Bulls w/o MJ > Suns w/o Barkley unless your on some 3ball "MJ won them those games he didn't play in with his superior execution, and cutting edge strategy" bullsh!t

According to OP, Pippen=0 FMVP but he is the sole reason Jordan won.

Banned

It never ceases to amaze me as to how bullheaded some of you guys are. I remember when we used to discuss who was better between the two three-peat Jordan's and I said that at worst The second three-peat Jordan was slightly less athletic but more cerebral and had a better jumper. Then a poster posted an interview of Jordan in 96 in which he said he was about "97%" of what he was athletically when compared to where he was in 91-93. But because it didn't fit your narrative, you guys (Guy was one of the ring leaders) just refused to accept it.
    That's all well and good but did Scottie Pippen not play with Charles Barkley (and Hakeem Olajuwon) the season after he missed half the year after back surgery when the Bulls won their 6th championship, Jordan his 6th finals MVP (to go along with his 5th season MVP and 10th scoring title that season)... only for the Rockets to lose in the first round?

I mean, the reason Jordan won joins Charles Bark and the Dream... but that team couldn't get out of the first round?

Strange.

The Bulls won 55 without MJ and barring injury would've went 60+...

That's definite proof that Bulls w/o MJ > Suns w/o Barkley unless your on some 3ball "MJ won them those games he didn't play in with his superior execution, and cutting edge strategy" bullsh!t
    LOL.

The Bulls won 72 games when Jordan came back for his first full season.

Then when Pippen was out for half the season with a bad back, they won 62 games while Jordan collected the season MVP, scoring title, Finals MVP, and even an ASG MVP just to say 'f*ck you' one last time at 35 years old.
    Last edited by DonDadda59; 07-29-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asukal
    According to OP, Pippen=0 FMVP but he is the sole reason Jordan won.
    No. Reread my post.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    That's all well and good but did Scottie Pippen not play with Charles Barkley (and Hakeem Olajuwon) the season after he missed half the year after back surgery when the Bulls won their 6th championship, Jordan his 6th finals MVP (to go along with his 5th season MVP and 10th scoring title that season)... only for the Rockets to lose in the first round?

I mean, the reason Jordan won joins Charles Bark and the Dream... but that team couldn't get out of the first round?

Strange.
    Come on bro. Pippen was a shell by the time he joined Barkley and Olajuwan.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I remember MJ stating that Chuck doesn't make his teammates better.

MJ made Pip into a HOFer, Chuck didn't make any players great. He's been criticized for not working out, being outta shape, not being a great leader would rather be goofy and happy go lucky than winning.

Don't be made MJ made his teammates better.

LOL.

The Bulls won 72 games when Jordan came back for his first full season.

Then when Pippen was out for half the season with a bad back, they won 62 games while Jordan collected the season MVP, scoring title, Finals MVP, and even an ASG MVP just to say 'f*ck you' one last time at 35 years old.*
    Why are you diverting? You said or implied that the Suns without Barkely were just as good as the Bulls without Jordan. When as has been proven thats not true becausd the Bulls won more games, even though they had more injuries, the player Barkley replaced (Jeff Hornacek) was much better than Pete Myers (Jordan's replacement).

Banned

Come on bro. Pippen was a shell by the time he joined Barkley and Olajuwan.

So when this happened in '98 w/ Jordan at age 35 (after Pippen missed half the season following back surgery0:

And immediately the next season, Pippen at age 32 plays all 50 games:

He was a shell.

How convenient.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I remember MJ stating that Chuck doesn't make his teammates better.

MJ made Pip into a HOFer, Chuck didn't make any players great. He's been criticized for not working out, being outta shape, not being a great leader would rather be goofy and happy go lucky than winning.

Don't be made MJ made his teammates better.
    Straight from the Horse's mouth

So maybe that's the real reason Chuck never won?