Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: The NBA is without question Rigged

While there were questionable calls in the Nets game, I don't think it was that bad. If you subtract the 8 or so free throws from the hack-a-Reggie/Gerald Wallace strategy that Thibs was doing as well as remember that the Bulls are pretty much a jump shooting team while we were attacking more during regulation, it really makes more sense.

Has there ever been any kind of investigation into the NBA being rigged?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Stop giving them excuses. If the games aren't "rigged", many of them are very heavily "influenced".

And in Bulls-Nets game, if the refs were "caught up in the emotion of big crowds", Chicago would have gotten more calls. The imbalance was obvious.
    Every sport has questionable officiating. Some calls go your way, others don't. You can't say an entire sport is rigged or heavily influenced just because one team received more calls that night than another. You need solid evidence. Such evidence doesn't exist.

NBA Fan

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Has there ever been any kind of investigation into the NBA being rigged?
    Tim Donaghy

I wonder, do people like you even enjoy watching basketball? If watching basketball consisted of me complaining about calls all game, and claiming the NBA is rigged... I just wouldn't watch basketball.

NBA Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Every sport has questionable officiating. Some calls go your way, others don't. You can't say an entire sport is rigged or heavily influenced just because one team received more calls that night than another. You need solid evidence. Such evidence doesn't exist.
    No, other sports league's don't have as questionable officiating as the NBA. The NBA without question has the worst officiating out of any major sports league, and is the only sports league that's consistently accused of having biased officiating. Not to mention the whole Tim Donaghy debacle.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Stop giving them excuses. If the games aren't "rigged", many of them are very heavily "influenced".

And in Bulls-Nets game, if the refs were "caught up in the emotion of big crowds", Chicago would have gotten more calls. The imbalance was obvious.
    Do you actually understand what you are implying? That the refs get together before certain games...get a call from some NBA high up...telling them to help one team more than the other.

Sorry, I just don't think that happens...and if it did...we would have heard about it. Maybe in the past that happened, but not now. Not after the Donaghy thing. No way in hell would the NBA be so bold to do that now.

It's the nature of the game. Refs have a huge influence and are human beings. They make mistakes, hold grudges against some players, are more likely to call certain fouls in certain situations...etc.

That would be like accusing CJ Watson of having money on the Bulls and saying he purposely missed that dunk. People make mistakes...even the best. One of the best basketball players in the world missed a wide open dunk. We make room for that in our analysis of the game, but we don't make room for refs just having a bad night or seeing something wrong.

Which one do you honestly think is more likely?

The evidence is voluminous. It "doesn't exist" only if you bury your head in the sand and refuse to deal with reality.

The "influencing" of games has been going on for decades. Its what has caused the popular perception that the NBA is rigged. Some examples are more blatant than others, such as Kings-Lakers Gam6 WCF in 2002.

You've already had a ref scandal with Donaghey that should have been much, much bigger. He wasn't the only crooked official, that much is certain.

Go find that YouTube video showing the unbalanced calls the Lakers got during their playoff push this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Do you actually understand what you are implying?
    I know very well what I'm implying. What, are you working with the league office or something?

You're not a dumb guy. You've read all the threads about biased officiating. You've seen the games where its occurred.

This situation is a pattern over decades, not a random sample of "human errors".

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121
    No, other sports league's don't have as questionable officiating as the NBA. The NBA without question has the worst officiating out of any major sports league, and is the only sports league that's consistently accused of having biased officiating. Not to mention the whole Tim Donaghy debacle.
    You must never watch the NFL. In almost every big game fans/players/analyst/etc argue about what calls were made and weren't made. I would lose count at how many people actually think the NFL is rigged. So, like I said, in every sport you will find people arguing about officiating. Why? Because officiating a game perfectly is impossible. They do the best job they can do. Think you could do better? Look at what happened to the replacement refs the NFL hired during the ref lockout. They sucked it up big time. They're doing the best they can. Not going to get every call right.

NBA Fan

Do you actually understand what you are implying? That the refs get together before certain games...get a call from some NBA high up...telling them to help one team more than the other.

Sorry, I just don't think that happens...and if it did...we would have heard about it. Maybe in the past that happened, but not now. Not after the Donaghy thing. No way in hell would the NBA be so bold to do that now.

It's the nature of the game. Refs have a huge influence and are human beings. They make mistakes, hold grudges against some players, are more likely to call certain fouls in certain situations...etc.

That would be like accusing CJ Watson of having money on the Bulls and saying he purposely missed that dunk. People make mistakes...even the best. One of the best basketball players in the world missed a wide open dunk. We make room for that in our analysis of the game, but we don't make room for refs just having a bad night or seeing something wrong.

stfu, out of all fans, I can't believe a "Mavericks fan" is saying otherwise. The Mavs were robbed of a title in 2006 because the league wanted to create a "star" in Dwyane Wade. It's getting more and more ridiculous as seasons pass by. In 2002 the Kings were also robbed of a title because the league wanted to protect TV ratings.

Dirk Nowitzki should be a two-time NBA Champion and a two-time Finals MVP, not a one-time NBA Champion and a one-time NBA Finals MVP.

NBA Fan

You must never watch the NFL. In almost every big game fans/players/analyst/etc argue about what calls were made and weren't made. I would lose count at how many people actually think the NFL is rigged. So, like I said, in every sport you will find people arguing about officiating. Why? Because officiating a game perfectly is impossible. They do the best job they can do. Think you could do better? Look at what happened to the replacement refs the NFL hired during the ref lockout. They sucked it up big time. They're doing the best they can. Not going to get every call right.
    No, I watch almost all the NFL games every year, huge NY Giants fan, the NFL doesn't have as nearly as many bad calls as the NBA does. Moreover, the NFL gets most if the calls right.

You know something is wrong when all the mistakes they make favors one team ( Lakers during their playoffs run).

And as far as the Nets-Bulls game goes, the refs helped Chicago in their comeback. Gifted Robinson 3 fts, and also they call a 5 seconds violation on Nets when it s even 5 seconds and they also called after they inbounded the ball. BUt they evened out things in overtime.
    Last edited by livinglegend; 04-27-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121
    Tim Donaghy
    I know of that, but it doesn't seem like it stopped anything rigging, just look at the last 10 games of the regular season for the Lakers this year.

Everytime they get a ton of favourable calls, its never taken seriously.

NBA Fan

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    I know of that, but it doesn't seem like it stopped anything rigging, just look at the last 10 games of the regular season for the Lakers this year.

Everytime they get a ton of favourable calls, its never taken seriously.
    The NBA has become the WWE, it's all about "entertainment". Quite frankly it's become unbearably disgusting and ridiculous.