Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: How would you feel if Dallas missed the playoffs this year?

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Indifferent.

30 years from now, no one will remember DAL missing the playoffs. All everyone will remember is that Dirk won a title and is now in the HOF. That's it.
    True. No one remembers how bad the Celtics were that season after Russell retired, or the Bulls after 98.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    lol @ people giving dirk a pass. i cant even remember the last time dirk missed the playoffs, but somehow losing chandler and butler is enough for him to excused.
    He's not regarded that high thats why no one would really care that much.

Before the Wolves started to crash, I thought it could seriously happen. I didn't so much predict it; I was more hoping. But I think it's unlikely. At the same time, I think it's cool they get to the playoffs and try to defend their title.

However, do not be shocked to see it happen next year. I don't think they'll get Deron and I don't think their plan is detailed enough. Cuban is a great owner, as he cares and is willing to do anything. But I don't think his, basketball decisions are as great as others do. He does a good job, but I think he's gonna get this one a little wrong.

Deron might go back to Dallas. The Nets have pretty much thrown away their draft pick and any shot at Davis. But they still have good players all around. Maybe Avery gets the boot. I'm not diggin whatever he's trying to do. They have a good rotation. If they can net one guy (watch for amnesties) then they'll be very good. Either way, they're in the playoffs next year. And I think Deron decides to stay.

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Asterisk season.

It wouldn't hurt Dirk's legacy. He's returned to elite form following a bad start, his teammates have just been god awful.

Haywood, Kidd, West, and Marion have all missed multiple games. Marion and West are the Mavericks best two wing defenders, and Haywood is their best interior defender. Dallas's offense has sputtered all season and they lack weapons (Terry has been inconsistent as usual) so the loss in defense has caused them to really suffer at times.

They won't miss the playoffs. On top of that, if they are healthy, I can see them winning a round or two as long as they avoid the Lakers (size and revenge factor too much to overcome IMO).

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    So you're saying they lost more than one of Dirk, Terry, Marion, and Chandler?
    You could turn the argument around and say that the Mavs lost three of their finals starters (Chandler, Stevenson, Barea). Hell, this team isn't intact at all, they've lost some crucial pieces and are ridden with injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    You could turn the argument around and say that the Mavs lost three of their finals starters (Chandler, Stevenson, Barea). Hell, this team isn't intact at all, they've lost some crucial pieces and are ridden with injuries.
    Keep on rationalizing it!

Banned

I was totally wrong about Chandler's impact. He got the Knicks playing defense this season.

But still hard to believe that Stevenson is better than Carter or Barea is better than Delonte. If Odom came to play, they wouldn't be so bad.
    Last edited by DMV2; 04-10-2012 at 12:59 PM.

They wont miss the playoffs get real.
    In fact it wouldnt surprise me if they knock out the Spurs or Lakers in the first round.
    Dirk would probably get like 20ft attempts a game

NBA lottery pick

Wouldn

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    I was totally wrong about Chandler's impact. He got the Knicks playing defense this season.

But still hard to believe that Stevenson is better than Carter or Barea is better than Delonte. If Odom came to play, they wouldn't be so bad.
    Barea is a better PG and slasher than West. Stevenson is a better defender than Carter and actually does less stupid shit on court, because he has the ball less than Carter.

Decent college freshman

[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Wouldn

I would feel like Lamar Odom sunk the team with his pathetic attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath

It would be horrible for them to miss it the year after they won. Dallas has been 1 of the top 10 teams since like Dirk's second or third season. This team has just never been able to get it going this year but they are also in one of the toughest, if not THE toughest division in the NBA. I wouldn't sleep on them even if they are 7th or 8th seed.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Keep on rationalizing it!
    Rationalizing what? This team isn't good at all. Do people not comprehend how bad the Mavericks have been this year?

Dirk and Marion are the only two players shooting over 44% from the field this year that score at all. Odom was a complete failure. And the team just never clicked. No training camp and no chemistry...and a team riddled with injuries all year.

Honestly...if you had watched this team all year...you'd be shocked that they are somehow 5 game over .500 at this point. Sadly, with this group, that is an accomplishment.

Considering Dirk has been putting up something around 23/7/3 on 46/36/90 since January....its hard to fault him. Dirk is essentially playing the way he has most of his career these last two months. Its done nothing to help because the rest of the team has been so dreadful. Dirk can no longer carry a team night in night out all by himself....especially in a shortened season like this. I'm actually amazed he's been this good considering how horrendous his offensive help has been.

If Dallas misses the playoffs...it would suck as a fan, but in terms of the future of the team and such. I could care less. This entire team is going to be blown up in the off season like the plan was all along. Making the playoffs doesn't impact that. And there is absolutely no possible way this team can win the title....so I could care less.