Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: DeMar Derozan vs. Jimmy Butler

Butler obviously is the better player.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    You're going to build your team around a guy who averages 20/4/3 on 40% shooting?

The Raptors are going to fall back down to earth this season too. They've played great so far but they aren't world beaters.
    Over someone who averaged 13/5/2 last year on sub 40% shooting in similar minutes, why not?

I'd rather take the guy who has proven he can produce and lead a team to the playoffs as a 1 or 2 guy, who is in a slump but is still helping towards wins. As opposed to the guy who is playing out of his mind to start the season and his percentages will likely drop and fall back into the 16-18 ppg area as certain roles get established and such. Maybe I'm wrong but was anyone even considering Jimmy over DeRozan before the season began?

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Butler easily. Even if Butler's numbers go down to 13/5/2 by the end of the season I'd take him over DeRozan in a heartbeat off defense alone.

DeRozan's one of those guys who are a detriment to the team when his shot's not falling, and even when he is hot he's not taking over games. Too much bad for not enough reward.

Only thing DeRozan has going for him is a good contract. 38m over 4 years for a gym rat who (albeit not likely, he's already 25) does have the natural gifts and work ethic for one more major jump in performance by the time his contract is up. But if these guys are coming off the same opportunity cost... Butler, hands down.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

butler... he can play beter defense on Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Over someone who averaged 13/5/2 last year on sub 40% shooting in similar minutes, why not?

I'd rather take the guy who has proven he can produce and lead a team to the playoffs as a 1 or 2 guy, who is in a slump but is still helping towards wins. As opposed to the guy who is playing out of his mind to start the season and his percentages will likely drop and fall back into the 16-18 ppg area as certain roles get established and such. Maybe I'm wrong but was anyone even considering Jimmy over DeRozan before the season began?
    Sure, I'd certainly want to see Butler do this for a full season, but I'll take Butler's upside over Derozan's rather pedestrian production that is probably capped out already.