Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Default Charles Barkley: "Comparing Kobe to Jordan is ridiculous"

"Jordan was on a whole 'nother' planet"

"This could be Kobe's first ring as a leader"

"You wont be on any list unless you win a championship with 'your team'"

Keep Jordan's name off your fingertips Kobe apostles. It pisses us purists and savants off.

Default Re: Charles Barkley: "Comparing Kobe to Jordan is ridiculous"

I <3 Chuck

no sh*t

and that you spend so much time doing the same thing makes me think you're not very good at much

Magic Johnson

Let's make a deal you crazy fan who we shouldn't take seriously.

Laker fans won't say Jordan's name, if idiots like yourself won't say Kobe's name. I guarantee Laker fans have better stuff to talk about. I seriously doubt you have anything to talk about.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Well, I haven't heard anyone say that Kobe>Jordan or Kobe=Jordan. At most, people would say that Kobe is the best perimeter player since Jordan and would try to say that the game has changed and the defense is different. Or that there were defensive teams in the 00s that Jordan never faced, but other than that, I doubt anyone would say Kobe>/=Jordan. Kobe said he doesn't even like the comparison.

But a lot of guards have been compared to MJ. T-Mac, Vince Carter, A.I (Jordan w/o dunks), Wade, LeBron, and whatever superstar that I missed. It's kind'a redundant now. It's really annoying to hear commentators after a highlight move of the modern superstar say, "Wow, what a move! It reminds you of a little Jordan, huh?"

The NBA media make constant comparison of Jordan with the current superstars on silly things. There was a time where Wade as sick with the flu in the 2005 ECF finals against Detroit. They compared stats they had after the game, as if Wade was the new Jordan with the flu. If I had a nickel of every time a NBA commentator or analysis mentions the name Jordan as a intention of a comparison with the modern superstars in the past 10 years, I would have as much money as Shaq.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jordan used to be compared to Dr. J or something, right? He disliked and just made a name for himself. They used to call Jordan something really cheesy as nickname. Mr. incredible? Or some stupid superhero name.

On the other side, there are times that I don't blame the comparison. Jordan was a amazing player and was the face of the NBA for a while, and he didn't disappoint. It's similar how the WWF/E fans compare the superstars there to the past, like The Rock, Stone Cold, and Foley. But at least they don't like the NBA does it. Jeez...they should tax the commentators and the analysis every time the name, Michael Jordan, leave their lips. Tax it and give it to the poor or something, because it's annoying. Jordan was a great player, but stop carrying his name around and shadowing the current superstars you have when you know that Jordan's legacy is THAT great and only very few people could go close to it. Let the current superstars make a name for themselves and establish their own legacy, and somewhat independent from the constant comparisons of the greats from the past.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz

Keep Jordan's name off your fingertips Kobe apostles. It pisses us purists and savants off.
    I love how you say "us" like you and Barkley are one in the same. What's your nba resume again?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease TMacYaoRockets's Avatar

You don't speak for me.

Pistons Owns Lakers DetroitPistonFan's Avatar

Who's us?

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Every fan who doesn't have any bias realizes it, don't know why it's worth bringing up.

Fan boys are annoying, regardless of who there fan boys of.

I love the T-Mobile commercials.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

How is this really thread-worthy? It seems like just an excuse to bash Kobe and make a point that's been made time and time again about how he's not as good as MJ.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Hotshoot's Avatar

Yeah for one thing Jordan never won a ring or even went to finals without another Top 50 player of all time. Also he did not stay true to the game rather going AWOL running off to play baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshoot
    Yeah for one thing Jordan never won a ring or even went to finals without another Top 50 player of all time. Also he did not stay true to the game rather going AWOL running off to play baseball.
    I know I shouldnt reply to your post but oh well...Pippen was NOT a top 50 player in 90/91. He wsa a very good SF but in no way shape or form was he a top 50 player at that time. If youre going by guys who ended up in the top 50 then you might want to settle down because if LA starts a dynasty (Wins a few titles) with this current team then I think it would be safe to say Gasol has a shot at cracking top 50.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Hotshoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdbleb
    I know I shouldnt reply to your post but oh well...Pippen was NOT a top 50 player in 90/91. He wsa a very good SF but in no way shape or form was he a top 50 player at that time. If youre going by guys who ended up in the top 50 then you might want to settle down because if LA starts a dynasty (Wins a few titles) with this current team then I think it would be safe to say Gasol has a shot at cracking top 50.
    Hmm Pippen was one of the best defenders in league during 90-91 season plus he avg 21 pts, 9 boards,6 Asts and 2.5 steals while shooting 50% easy top 50 material. As for Gasol no way he is good PF he is doubtful to make it to even HoF even if the Lakers win couple titles. Because of how many active PFs there are that are ahead of him.

When did he say this?