Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Remember when Cavs fans didnt wanna trade Dion Waiters?

Dion is absolute garbage and he has the IQ of a potato..

Cavs chose Dion over Wiggins... Wiggins + Lebron would be such an amazing perimeter of defense and playmaking..

Wiggins cuts like Wade and plays defense like Lebron, while maintaining that young hunger and desire to get better every day..

Cavs fans

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Default Re: Remember when Cavs fans didnt wanna trade Dion Waiters?

They need a perimeter defender and a rim protector...

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by fragokota
    They need a perimeter defender and a rim protector...

Wiggins is a fantastic perimeter defender.. and that would be enough to catapult them over the top

but Lebron didnt want to share the spotlight with a young , dynamic swing man

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Terrible thread from a terrible poster

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    Wiggins is a fantastic perimeter defender.. and that would be enough to catapult them over the top

Lol, how where they supposed to get Love then?

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Dion is absolute garbage and he has the IQ of a potato..

Cavs chose Dion over Wiggins... Wiggins + Lebron would be such an amazing perimeter of defense and playmaking..

Wiggins cuts like Wade and plays defense like Lebron, while maintaining that young hunger and desire to get better every day..

Cavs fans
    Are you implying Dwait would have netted the Cavs Kevin Love? No one chose Waiters over Wiggins.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Wiggins is not a "fantastic" defender yet. But he certainly could be.

They need Avery Bradley. That is the guy I'd go out and go hard to get if I'm the Cavs. He's on a reasonable contract given the cap increases coming....

The rim protector is the hard part. Do they gamble on a guy like Larry Sanders? Would the Bucks trade him to save some cap space and get a couple picks or something?

This is why the Love trade was so god damn awful. Giving up Bennett and another first rounder is just absurd. Having Bennett on the roster now would allow them to move Bennett and Thompson for Sanders and Middelton. A trade the Bucks almost for sure take.

Then they could move Waiters and a first rounder and or that great Haywood contract that becomes a huge asset to go after other needs....

I still say they move Waiters/Thompson and a first rounder for Bradley and Olynk if possible....then try their best to make their front line better and hope to land someone in the off season.

But Bradley and Olynk fit in a whole lot better than Waiters and Thompson do...especially when you factor in the contract situations.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

About a year ago they said giving up the #1 (Bennett) and Tristian Thompson for Cousins was to much and that the Kings would win that trade.

They also said they didn't want to ruin there team culture by bringing him in

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Wiggins is not a "fantastic" defender yet. But he certainly could be.

They need Avery Bradley. That is the guy I'd go out and go hard to get if I'm the Cavs. He's on a reasonable contract given the cap increases coming....

The rim protector is the hard part. Do they gamble on a guy like Larry Sanders? Would the Bucks trade him to save some cap space and get a couple picks or something?

This is why the Love trade was so god damn awful. Giving up Bennett and another first rounder is just absurd. Having Bennett on the roster now would allow them to move Bennett and Thompson for Sanders and Middelton. A trade the Bucks almost for sure take.

Then they could move Waiters and a first rounder and or that great Haywood contract that becomes a huge asset to go after other needs....

I still say they move Waiters/Thompson and a first rounder for Bradley and Olynk if possible....then try their best to make their front line better and hope to land someone in the off season.

But Bradley and Olynk fit in a whole lot better than Waiters and Thompson do...especially when you factor in the contract situations.
    Lol, why would Boston take Waiters for Bradkey though?

A Bradley, Sanders addition would be excellent for them tbh though, would make them a lot tougher on D, just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by fragokota
    Lol, why would Boston take Waiters for Bradkey though?

A Bradley, Sanders addition would be excellent for them tbh though, would make them a lot tougher on D, just don't see it happening.
    It wouldn't be just Waiters.

I said Waiters, Thompson, and a first for Bradley and Olynk.

I have no idea if they take it...I was just throwing it out there.

The problem with this team is just almost never going to be offense. Even with a shit start...they are almost top 5 in offense on the year. Lebron, Kyrie, and Love with just about anyone is going to get you a top 5 offense once they get their chemistry down. The problem is defense. They need a really good defender at guard/sg....and they need another big to protect the paint.

I'm just not sure what Waiters gives this team...and while Thompson does have a role that makes sense for the most part...he's going to cost too much and doesn't address their biggest weakness...to keep him imo.

Therefore...they should move them and a pick or whatever it takes to get guys back that actually do make sense.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 11-25-2014 at 06:10 PM.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

All fan bases think their role players are way more valuable than they actually are.

Randolph in GS and Gallo in NY are two of the recent extremes. Maybe Giannis ends up on the list.

Sometimes they pan out, but this really isn't uncommon.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Come on man leave Cleveland alone! They've had a rough 4 weeks.

It wouldn't be just Waiters.

I said Waiters, Thompson, and a first for Bradley and Olynk.

I have no idea if they take it...I was just throwing it out there.
    Fukk outta here... you're a terrible poster

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Fukk outta here... you're a terrible poster
    I'm honestly curious...which team do you think makes out better in that trade?

I'm honestly curious...which team do you think makes out better in that trade?
    Why would Cleveland trade all that for an overpaid small SG and a no defense C?

It's not that hard to answer. Cavs only moving one or more of those pieces for veterans, not unproven young talent which you seem to have an divine affinity for