Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star LakersLaLaLand's Avatar

Default Re: Scathing Letter from Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert

Quote Originally Posted by a rock
    That letter shows what we need more of in the NBA.

Straight up passion for the game, and for the team.
    Thats not passion. Its a cry baby owner. Pissed that his investment 5 years ago is going to shit. Nobody is going to want to buy the Cavs now. Gilbert can suck my *****.

With the horrible dishonorable practices of his mortgage company. Screw him.

Karma is a mofo. And Gilbert is eating a crap load of it.

He deserves all being left in the dust.

The Cavs fans do not deserve it. The douchebag owner deserves all the heat and millions of dollars lost. He is a one of the key reasons our country is in a recession. Approving mortgages to unqualified people.

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Smart move by Dan Gilbert

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Cavs fans, can you at least openly admit what everyone who watched the Celtic series thought - that Lebron quit after the team went up 2-1. How much of this passive play (in fourth quarter of game 4 and ALL of game 5 especially) was because he was so set on leaving Cleveland, and he knew he couldn't possibly leave Cleveland if he won or came close?
    Cavs fans should admit that every player wearing a Cavaliers jersey quit in that series...they should admit that none of those guys were good enough to beat the Celtics in that series. They should do that before they crucify one player to satisfy their insane bloodlust for blame.

Cleveland can't catch a break. I feel for them, but that letter is straight up lame. Seriously how old are you Dan Gilbert, 11? Give me a break, before LeBron Cleveland was a nobody, be grateful you even had him at all.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

LeBron just wants to win, and obviously being in Miami gives him the greatest chance to win, but I dislike how he took the easy route out. I wish he signed with a different team and created a dynasty not join Dwayne Wade in HIS city.

Local High School Star

The cavs couldn't even win a game without lebron. Blame the owner, Blame the GM, Blame the coach, but that's sad.

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Cavs fans should admit that every player wearing a Cavaliers jersey quit in that series...they should admit that none of those guys were good enough to beat the Celtics in that series. They should do that before they crucify one player to satisfy their insane bloodlust for blame.
    Shaq, a guy who has won 4 rings and is in the twilight of his career, was going harder than he was. He actually got great offensive production from his starters in those games.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand
    The Cavs fans do not deserve it. The douchebag owner deserves all the heat and millions of dollars lost. He is a one of the key reasons our country is in a recession. Approving mortgages to unqualified people.
    pun intended?

Very good NBA starter

Some of you guys are very amusing and sound like you are 14 year olds(probably are)

To each his own but Lebron could have been classier. Hes trying to raise his brand but honestly he would have been bigger by now. Some guys have that marketing IT some dont.

Definitely was upset in his letter and was wrong for trying to hex him. Lebron gave them relevance but treated them like a 2 dollar whore and got with the hotter younger debutante.

Decent playground baller vitamink420's Avatar

The performance those last few games of that Celtics series was pathetic. Me and everyone I was watching with totally got the impression that Lebron/the Cavs gave up those last two games.

I would argue though that if Lebron was clearly giving up that series, of course the rest of the team would. That's the life of the team right there, and if he's not showing any heart, how do you expect anyone else to?

NBA Superstar

I liked reading Dan Gilbert's letter.

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by vitamink420
    The performance those last few games of that Celtics series was pathetic. Me and everyone I was watching with totally got the impression that Lebron/the Cavs gave up those last two games.

I would argue though that if Lebron was clearly giving up that series, of course the rest of the team would. That's the life of the team right there, and if he's not showing any heart, how do you expect anyone else to?
    Oh. So the other Cavs get off the hook...because Lebron quit. Therefore, its okay for them to stop giving it their all.

K.

Default Re: Dan Gilbert's open letter to Cavs fans

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    Why are people criticizing Gilbert for this? This is easily the most awesome thing I've read since Harry Potter.
    Haha lmfaoo that's the funniest shit I've ever read in my life. Lebrons not worthy of a championship. He's going to earn it like a coward, teaming up with two stars, really? I think he's the most hated person. "I woke up in the morning and made my decission". He could of went with the knicks and made a bigger name IMO he messed up his career regaurdless of how many rings he gets now hope it was worth it and he accomplishes as much as he can becaus he pulled a ***** move. Yes this was very unprofessional btw.

Bullshit. You made this decission for months if not years back. He made a complelte idiot of himself. He should of known his rep was on the line.
    Last edited by Draz; 07-09-2010 at 01:26 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Oh. So the other Cavs get off the hook...because Lebron quit. Therefore, its okay for them to stop giving it their all.

K.

That team didnt quit. Game 6 Mo Williams played his ass off,Jamison was in the paint rebounding.

Default Re: Dan Gilbert's open letter to Cavs fans

James should hire extra security when he comes to Cleveland..

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Shaq, a guy who has won 4 rings and is in the twilight of his career, was going harder than he was. He actually got great offensive production from his starters in those games.
    I'm not sure we would have beaten Boston either way, because KG was abusing Jamison on the block and we didn't have anyone outside of LeBron to match against Rondo (and the one game that we put LeBron on Rondo, Pierce went nuts).... But, there is no doubt that something wasn't quite right with LeBron in that series.

Whether he 'quit' or not... I can't say. I do think that he lost hope somewhere along the way and he had no swagger... Actually, he lost his swag, astonishingly, during the Bulls series.

It was just odd.