Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Report: Warriors push for DeAndre Jordan; Waive Jeremy Lin

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I'll be rooting even more to kick their as*es on opening night.

You're not going to win in Oakland on opening night, c'mon son.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    You're not going to win in Oakland on opening night, c'mon son.
    David Lee hates seeing Blake Griffin on the schedule and Monta hates seeing EJ.. that's all I gotta say . No but seriously it's going to be a badas* game. Definitely two teams that can go back and forth and it can go both ways. I hope Caron Butler stops guys like Dorrell Wright and Reggie Williams.. both of which destroyed us last year with Gomes guarding them.

Ya it's going to be awesome. Clips are actually my second favorite team, I just can't support them too much because we're in the same division.

Ya it's going to be awesome. Clips are actually my second favorite team, I just can't support them too much because we're in the same division.
    I understand for sure dude. . I'm bummed you guys didn't get Chandler or Nene . We are going to match DJ for sure. What are you guys going to do about center? Would you trade David Lee for somebody like Bynum/Bogut? I think that would balance the Warriors out a lot more to have that defensive anchor and have court capable big.

I understand for sure dude. . I'm bummed you guys didn't get Chandler or Nene . We are going to match DJ for sure. What are you guys going to do about center? Would you trade David Lee for somebody like Bynum/Bogut? I think that would balance the Warriors out a lot more to have that defensive anchor and have court capable big.

I think we got a steal in Jeremy Tyler and Udoh can play the 5. We still have Biedrins, but I think the team is moving him one way or another. I wouldn't mind adding Turiaf back for cheap since NYK are giving him away.

I think we got a steal in Jeremy Tyler and Udoh can play the 5. We still have Biedrins, but I think the team is moving him one way or another. I wouldn't mind adding Turiaf back for cheap since NYK are giving him away.
    True. Just need more physical bigs for sure. Tyson would of been perfect. Too bad NY stole that one. I guess for now you guys will just stick with the 8 second offense, try to blow every team out style that's so entertaining .

Lin is not good. I watched him jump from the NBA to the D-league multiple times last year.

As for DJ, I don't want him at that price. I'd rather grab Turiaf for nothing since the Knicks gave him away.
    Turiaf & $3 Million in cash went to the Washington Wizards.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

I'm starting to get tired of the DeAndre hype, he has no offensive game what so ever, if he gets a decent offensive game? Then I'll be on board with him.

Tyler needs time in the D-League this season.

He was barely a factor in Japan, and these last 2 years as a basketball vagabond have stunted his growth as a basketball player since his Junior Year of HS. Tyler has "Lottery talent", but it'll probably take a few years before he really starts playing like he should.

& yes you got a steal in Tyler. I wanted him bad in New York, instead we get a man nicknamed "Jorts" who by all means would've gone undrafted.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    I'm starting to get tired of the DeAndre hype, he has no offensive game what so ever, if he gets a decent offensive game? Then I'll be on board with him.
    Tyson Chandler who's about to get 15 mill a year says hi. Yes of course bigs get way overpaid... but DJ is already nearly on par with Tyson defensively and just turned 23. Dude has bunch of upside. Not to mention he's not injury prone at all and dude improved a ton last year.

It's not all about scoring dude. Besides nobody is calling him a dominant center or anything. Just a young, blossoming talented center. A defensive anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    Thats pretty surprising.

Hes been over-hyped for the last 5 years since he came out of HS. I literally was tired of the DeAndre Jordan hype before he even arrived at Texas A&M and was projected as a Top 5 Pick.

These teams will find out the hard way.

You're paying him $10 Million per year in hopes he plays up to it one day, whenever that day is.

Tyson Chandler who's about to get 15 mill a year says hi. Yes of course bigs get way overpaid... but DJ is already nearly on par with Tyson defensively and just turned 23. Dude has bunch of upside. Not to mention he's not injury prone at all and dude improved a ton last year.

It's not all about scoring dude. Besides nobody is calling him a dominant center or anything. Just a young, blossoming talented center. A defensive anchor.
    you'd be in favor of the Clippers signing him to a 5 year 50M committment?

If I was a Clipper fan I'd want to pass at that price and just roll with Kaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Thats pretty surprising.

Hes been over-hyped for the last 5 years since he came out of HS. I literally was tired of the DeAndre Jordan hype before he even arrived at Texas A&M and was projected as a Top 5 Pick.

These teams will find out the hard way.

You're paying him $10 Million per year in hopes he plays up to it one day, whenever that day is.
    You guys should be a bit more realistic. Hell he's a success story. Hyped as hell.. fell from grace due to bad publicity in college... fell to the Clippers as the 35th pick. Rode the pine for 2 years... forced into starting role as 3rd year player and flat out dominated at times.

Go watch clips of the stretch where he had 4 blocks or more in 10 straight games last year or w/e it was. Or go watch highlights of the 20 rebound, 14 point, 6 block, 3 assist game he dropped on Denver last year. DeAndre will likely never be a star... but 10 mill a year for a player that can easily break into the top 5-10 center discussion in the next year or two.. will seem like a bargain soon.

Phil Jackson flat out called DeAndre Jordan the reason why the Clippers were so dominant last year for that one month stretch. This dude is underrated if anything. Gotta pay for a decent 7 footer nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    you'd be in favor of the Clippers signing him to a 5 year 50M committment?

If I was a Clipper fan I'd want to pass at that price and just roll with Kaman.
    I'd be pissed that the price got driven up that high. Mainly because I think the Clippers 5/40 mill offer now is already generous. That being said.... not resigning such a good locker room guy and big piece of our core would send a very bad message to the team. If we let him go.. Eric Gordon and Griffin will likely follow in the coming years. Not saying we won't match them all... but they may try to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Rockets needs to sign this kid. I heard he's good with calculations.