Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is Pop the only coach that sits his only All-Star at the end of close games?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    is this for real? Spurs have no all stars; pop creates them, so quit disrespecting him.
    Tony Parker: 2013-14 All-Star.

Kawhi Leonard: took a steaming dump on the 15th greatest player ever's head.

This guy.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Default Re: Is Pop the only coach that sits his only All-Star at the end of close games?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    is this for real? Spurs have no all stars; pop creates them, so quit disrespecting him.
    I know, he almost has half as many championships as Phil Jackson...best coach ever! Never had a good player!

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    He was in for the end of regulation. But you mean OT, right?

Shit, put Duncan in and they grab the board.

I agree that Pop has some glaring choke jobs...but I'm telling you, I don't think Parker was looking to get in tonight.
    Yah for sure. Duncan needs to be in as well. If for nothing else just to have your best 2 players on the floor when you win a championship. These guys have built up all this late-game experience only to have guys fight over rebounds and cost you a championship.

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    How many times is he going to do it and watch the Spurs lose? I might be able to understand if he wasn't the most consistent Spur in the clutch and the best 3-point shooter in the league, but I really don't understand it.

But go ahead and add a few more Ginobili game-losing bricks to the resume.
    The Spurs came back from 14 down in the 4th qtr to send the game into OT without Parker doing jack. Popovich stayed with the lineup that got them into OT. I'm not going to fault him for that.

He obviously doesn't know what he is doing. I'm not sure he will last the season in San Antonio this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    He obviously doesn't know what he is doing. I'm not sure he will last the season in San Antonio this year.
    Fan: "Ginobili has more turnovers this game than he ever has had in his career and it's game 6 of the Finals in overtime. We also have a timeout down 1 point and Parker is on the bench." ... Ginobili turnover, game over.

Fan: "It's game 7 and we're down 4 points with under a minute. Ginobili is having the worst playoff series of his career. Let's see if he can run the point." ... Ginobili literally throws it right to Lebron, game over.

You: "Pop never makes mistakes. How could you ever question him?"

Fan: "I'm not saying we need a new coach, just that it's odd that he benches his best player in late-game situations when that player has shown time and time again in the regular season and in playoff games (including Finals games) that he can make the pass or shot to win the game...and at a much higher rate than the guys he typically has in there (tonight Joseph)."

Good college starter

He's probably looking more for the big picture. Phil Jackson was the same with the Lakers. Not in the way that he sits stars but he play those benchwarmers on close games and put them on uncomfortable situations. Few times Lakers lost but he got away with it most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Tony Parker: 2013-14 All-Star.

Kawhi Leonard: took a steaming dump on the 15th greatest player ever's head.

This guy.
    Elaborate.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Spurs have so much room for improvement yet still managed an 8-9 game winning streak in their sleep.

That's awfully scary for the other teams in the league.

It doesn't hurt them. Spurs won 2 closeout games against Portland & OKC with Parker barely playing/not playing and they won game 5 against Miami with Parker starting 0-10 (only statpadded at the end when the Spurs were up 20+ trying to steal FMVP lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Elaborate.
    I reckon he's referring to that one balding guy who plays for Cleveland.

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Parker was clearly hurting. he took himself out during the 1st quarter and was hobbled throughout.

the only fault i saw towards the end was not feeding it more to danny green. there should have been more plays drawn for him because he was clearly the hot hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    and the best 3-point shooter in the league
    dude....

TP isn't that good and Pop knows it. TP is a really nice pointguard playing in a well defined role in a perfectly engineered offense.

Now you can't say that every other guard of his skill level would buy in to this extremely team-oriented style of basketball like Parker has, but there are at least a handful of guards that are in-arguably better than TP.

That being said, TP is a top-10 pg, a great team player, a leader by example, and is very fun to watch.

I think it has more to do with his injured ribs. He wasnt having the best either.. But then again neither was Ginobili.. Not really an excuse but...