Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Dwight Scrubbard about to be exposed again

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    I dont seem to recall Nick Young calling Dwight a scrub and talking about his 2009 performance when the Lakers just got him. In fact it was just the opposite.

Why people like this are still allowed on the forums is beyond me.
    I know, as a talent Dwight is the best center in the NBA today. His main problem is that he's a chemistry killer and a cancer. Knew it since 10 and I knew he would fvck my Lakers, and heck I wasn't even happy about the trade since the beginning. But even I was defending Dwight last year by the way he played because he WAS coming out of a surgery on his back. He is human after all. ANd he played most of the games still. I think the problem with the Lakers last year was injuries to their main guys, Nash, Gasol, Kobe and the bench Hill.

Magic Johnson

Why does Dwight look so tiny nowadays? I was watching the all-star game from 4-5 years ago and he looked huge.

Very good NBA starter

I dont seem to recall Nick Young calling Dwight a scrub and talking about his 2009 performance when the Lakers just got him. In fact it was just the opposite.

That was before Dwight confirmed he's a certified bitch. There's a reason that none of his teammates in Orlando have anything good to say about him and why his Lakers teammates didn't say anything good even though they played together for only 1 season. Rockets fans are gonna learn. We'll be having this same conversation 3 seasons from now.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    I find it very amusing that last year angry Orlando Magic fans were getting sh** on by hopeful Laker fans for ripping Dwight on his limitations. And now Magic fans have been vindicated while angry Laker fans are in the same boat as Magic fans last year and are getting sh** on by hopeful Rockets fans

I was one of those hopeful fans. I thought we dodged a bullet getting rid of Bynum before he injured his knee again. I figured Howards defense would make up for his limited offensive game, but I noticed a few things about Howards game that I didn't like. He has bad hands, he tends to bobble a lot of point blank passes. He also brings the ball down to his waist on every posession, I can't even count how many times he was stripped by point guards last year. He commits stupid off the ball fouls in close games, it must have happened 2 or 3 times a game last season. He doesn't seem to take criticism or even advice well. The dude can clearly use some of the knowledge and advice that players and former players have offered, but he seems to take everything to heart and feels insulted everytime someone offers to help him with his game. I was hoping to see him fully healthy and with the Lakers for another season to see if he could put it all together, but to tell the truth, when he decided to leave, it pissed me off. I think Howard is a hell of a rebounder and defender, but I question his offensive game, b-ball IQ, and attitude. To me, that part of Howard was exposed in LA last season, and I don't know if you can attribute any of these things to him not being healthy.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Brook Lopez
    Marc Gasol
    Tim Duncan
    Noah
    Horford
    Bogut

Are all better than Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    Brook Lopez
    Marc Gasol
    Tim Duncan
    Noah
    Horford
    Bogut

Are all better than Dwight
    Stop posting.

I swear most of you only watch top 10s and highlites..
    Dwight was carried in 09, it was the perfect surrounding cast for him, ie got him plenty of wide open dunks.. The rest of the team were hitting the big shots.Go and rewatch the series, don't see him much in the 4th right?

it's not about being bitter, I'm glad he didn't resign and never wanted him to. After that disgraceful performance in the playoffs I never wanted to see him in a laker jersey again.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Carried:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMBIntMN6l8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsBIo9NOe0I

Act like an adult even if you arent.

Nobody on that team played nearly as well as Dwight. Their second best player didnt even play till the finals.

Dude holds down one of the best defenses in the league with a gang of guys who cant play defense, scores more than his teammates who have no job but to score(Rashard scored less than Dwight that playoffs even though he played 41 minutes a game and took 80 more shots), and steps up to drop 40 to get them to the finals....

But hes carried by guys nobody is gonna remember in 10 years. Because they made some open shots while he was the workhorse.

Id say its a laker fan issue but liking the Lakers does not make a man an idiot.

That runs deeper than Purple and Gold.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 10-12-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Carried:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMBIntMN6l8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsBIo9NOe0I

Act like an adult even if you arent.

Nobody on that team played nearly as well as Dwight. Their second best player didnt even play till the finals.
    I miss that Dwight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Dwight is like an 8-9 time all star, 5 time all NBA first team, 3 time DPOY, has led the league in total rebounds or been second I think 8 years in a row, hes been a 20+ppg scorer 4 times, has had more playoff success than most people in the hall of fame and he will join them on maybe the second or third vote.

Gonna make another of these in honor of his induction?

Dwight has had a HOf worthy career already and hes 27 or 28.

Hes doing quite ok.
    only stat that matters here: 0 rings

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    only stat that matters here: 0 rings
    No doubt it will stay that way.

Well maybe he'll get a Juwan Howard ring down the road.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased_one
    He's a good offensive player and a transcendent defender. Just having him makes you a contender. He will likely go down as the 3rd best player of the 'LeBron era' (LeBron, Durant)

Banned

I was saying D12 was worse then Bynum and overrated and had no offensive game for years. That didnt change when he became a Laker.

I thought he would be a decent enough 4th option and defensive role player atleast though, sadly scrubbard couldnt even pull off that basic role.

And he laughed on the bench in blowouts, including in the playoffs-what a natural born loser.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You are correct. He may be doomed to be a 13 time all star 8 time all nba first teamer with 5 DPOYs and be one of about 110 HOF players to never lead a team to a ring. What an awful fate for a scrub.

Local High School Star

I'm not a big fan of Dwight but he's not a scrub and hell yea i'm going to pick him in my fantasy league if i get him in the 3rd round. He's not that bad at all. He's going to give you good numbers.