Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rondo or rubio?

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: rondo or rubio?

No one mentioned Rondo is the better passer. He kills Rubio in assists every year.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    No one mentioned Rondo is the better passer. He kills Rubio in assists every year.
    This is the first year Rubio's had a comparable/better team than Rondo. I don't like saying this because it brings the Rondo haters out in full effect, but it is easier to rack up assists passing to KG, Pierce and Allen. This season Rondo's averaging less than an assist more than Ricky. They're both amazing passers, so that skill is probably a wash between them

Rondo.

He can actually and legit score when he needs too.

Rubio is poor man kidd.

Dunking on everybody in the park alexd's Avatar

i think its closer than people think
    i mean yeah rondo can shoot a bit now,but when he was 23 years old he was awful at shooting
    don t forget he is 5 years older too
    they are both excellent passers.rondo was fortunate enough to have the big 3 with him.that boosted his stats,confidence and leadership
    ps i don t think rubio will become better than rondo just based on the fact that he was a great talent in europe and didn t evolve to a point people started to think of him as a scrub.his inability to hit jumpers cost him(his defenders shagged off him)and his coach actually preferred to bench him when the game was on the line

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

One is a elite PG (when healthy) one is very average and does annoying girly yells all the time when bricking lay up's so I'm taking Rondo.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 03-21-2014 at 08:10 AM.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexd
    i think its closer than people think
    i mean yeah rondo can shoot a bit now,but when he was 23 years old he was awful at shooting
    don t forget he is 5 years older too
    they are both excellent passers.rondo was fortunate enough to have the big 3 with him.that boosted his stats,confidence and leadership
    ps i don t think rubio will become better than rondo just based on the fact that he was a great talent in europe and didn t evolve to a point people started to think of him as a scrub.his inability to hit jumpers cost him(his defenders shagged off him)and his coach actually preferred to bench him when the game was on the line
    5 years older you say? I'll consider Rubio to have the potential to be as good when he averages 20/10/9 in a playoff series this year then

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigt
    This is the first year Rubio's had a comparable/better team than Rondo. I don't like saying this because it brings the Rondo haters out in full effect, but it is easier to rack up assists passing to KG, Pierce and Allen. This season Rondo's averaging less than an assist more than Ricky. They're both amazing passers, so that skill is probably a wash between them
    KG, Pierce, and Allen were never the primary reason for Rondo's assists. They hit open jumpers but that's something most NBA players are dcapable of and the way Pierce creates offense on his own actually does nothing for a point's APG. That's why Rondo is still able to average 9 assists coming off knee surgery. It doesn't matter who his teammates are, put the ball in his hands and he's going to pile up assists.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexd
    not that i don t agree but why?cause stats wise they are pretty similar

what's one thing rubio can do better than rondo?

Local High School Star dabigbaws's Avatar

what the **** this is a no contest just like westbrook and curry

rondo and westbrook

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

rondo
    not even a discussion

I think KG, PP, and Ray's current production is evidence that Rondo was the one extending their careers and not them creating his like some have been saying for the past few years. They helped him become what he is, but he eventually took over as the engine that drove those post-2008 Celtics teams.

Rondo is better than Rubio and this year is a big sign of that. Even coming off injury, the Celtics offense looks infinitely better with him on the floor. His defense has been severely lacking, but I credit that to not having played in almost a year and without KG's vocal presence.

Not hating on Ricky, I actually like him, but he can't score like Rondo can, he's currently got a much better team around him, has been healthy, and they still aren't winning as much as they should. He's solid, but not nearly as impactful as Rondo.

Rubio definitely gets the nod defensively this year though.

Also, other than CP3, Rondo is the most versatile pg in the league. Like CP3, he fits into every team's offense. Not saying he's as good as a Steph Curry, but that he fits better into every team's structure.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt
    Yes, because rondo has a guy like K Love in this Celtic squad

Banned

How is this a debate? Rondo!

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Give me 3 PG's who are better defenders than Ricky? He is the only player who can play d in our starting 5.

Rubio is in the unfortunate position that he is in Adelmans offense which doesn't give him a lot of freedom. We also have no shooters outside of Love. I would say he passes to a open shooter 5-6 times a game resulting in misses.

If he had the offense to himself, didn't get benched for that piece of shit Barea and had some shooters he would look a lot better.

His d is really good and he is one of a few players who actually passes the ball to the post without looking for an assist consistently.

I don't understand why he still can't hit jumpshots though. He is actually a good stand still 3 point shooter and ft shooter. Just cant hit a jumper on the move to save his life.
    Rondo
    Westbrook
    CP3