Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

Default USA v NBA Stars 1984

So this highlight reel appeared in my youtube feed. Never seen it, some of you probably have. For you that have not, its a fun watch. Its a warm up game before the 84 olympics for team USA, lead by MJ, against NBA stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4qy1klDae4

Edit: A link to the full game would be great =D

Default Re: USA v NBA Stars 1984

9:55 warmed my heart

I've watched this before, don't think I've ever seen the full gme though... Some very good highlights there

Team USA had plenty of great, promising, young players...

I remember seeing this some time back, cool reel. I've never seen the full game anywhere either.

Good thing the eastern bloc decided to boycott the 84 olympics, otherwise yugoslavia would've won another ring in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    Good thing the eastern bloc decided to boycott the 84 olympics, otherwise yugoslavia would've won another ring in the US.

Yugoslavia woulda got their shit pushed in.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Yugoslavia woulda got their shit pushed in.
    cmon son, they only beat the fcking soviet union on their home court, you think they were gonna lose to some college players only team with poor spacing and lack of leadership? The USA would've gotten steamrolled.

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    cmon son, they only beat the fcking soviet union on their home court, you think they were gonna lose to some college players only team with poor spacing and lack of leadership? The USA would've gotten steamrolled.

Steamrolled?

Compare the rosters of the '84 USA team with their '88 Team, and get back to me.

The '88 team had nowhere near the talent of the '84 team, and yet still went 7-1. And their only loss was to the Soviet Union by an 82-76 margin. BTW, the Soviets and the Yugos split their two games, but the USSR won the title game by 13 points against them.

BTW, there was a myth that Sabonis outplayed Robinson in '88, too. Didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS

Steamrolled?

Compare the rosters of the '84 USA team with their '88 Team, and get back to me.

The '88 team had nowhere near the talent of the '84 team, and yet still went 7-1. And their only loss was to the Soviet Union by an 82-76 margin. BTW, the Soviets and the Yugos split their two games, but the USSR won the title game by 13 points against them.

BTW, there was a myth that Sabonis outplayed Robinson in '88, too. Didn't happen.
    talent alone, with no coaching or chemistry rarely nets you wins. As a wilt fan you should easily understand this.