Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Default Deron Williams: "I've been the best PG in the NBA for a while, CP3 is #2, Nash #3"

"I feel I was the best point guard in the league for a while,'' said Williams, when asked by FanHouse during a media session after Wednesday's shootaround at the Pepsi Center if he's the NBA's top point guard.

He was asked who the second-best point guard is in the NBA.

"CP,'' said Williams, referring to New Orleans' Chris Paul, who was taken No. 4 in the 2005 draft while Williams went No. 3, with Paul getting off to a quicker NBA start. "Just like he probably thinks he's the best and I'm No. 2.''

So who's the bronze medalist in this point-guard derby?

"Steve Nash,'' Williams said. "You got to argue him, what he's doing at this age (36) is crazy. I felt he's been the best point guard for the first probably three or four years that I was in the league.''
    http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/04/28/d...t-point-guard/

Surprised a guy like D-Will would be this cocky.

Default Re: Deron Williams: "I've been the best PG in the NBA for a while, CP3 is #2, Nash #3"

Shutup and just play. Don't ruin your amazing game with your ego.

Default Re: Deron Williams: "I've been the best PG in the NBA for a while, CP3 is #2, Nash #3"

D-Will has Boozer.

Nash has Amare.

Paul made West.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    D-Will has Boozer.

Nash has Amare.

Paul made West.
    True true.

well he's simply wrong. he's not better than cp3.

1) cp3
    2) d wills
    3) air canada

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Chris Paul is still the Best PG.. If george Karl was healthy we could be singing a different tune right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SRZ66

1) cp3
    2) d wills
    3) air canada
    And your opinion is right of course

Default Re: Deron Williams: "I've been the best PG in the NBA for a while, CP3 is #2, Nash #3

DWill has both Boozer and Millsap.

Banned

D-Will has Boozer.

Nash has Amare.

Paul made West.
    Considering how West scored 40 points in a game this season (vs. Orlando) without Paul. I'm not sure how Paul really made him. There's a difference between being spoon-fed and having a teammate that just makes your life a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by SRZ66

1) cp3
    2) d wills
    3) air canada
    Who is air canada?

That's Vince's old nickname not Nash's. He cant claim that. Unless some gave him that nickname after all those bad passes in game 4.

Quote Originally Posted by HisAirness3
    Considering how West scored 40 points in a game this season (vs. Orlando) without Paul. I'm not sure how Paul really made him. There's a difference between being spoon-fed and having a teammate that just makes your life a bit easier.
    Darren Collison says hi.

D-Will has Boozer.

Nash has Amare.

Paul made West.
    Nash has "made" many players in his career, so it's not like his assist numbers are high because he has Amare. He's the best play maker, but I think D-Will is the best point guard overall. CP needs to get his health back before we can deem him #1.

He gives props to CP and Nash, so not seeing anything wrong with this. At least he got the names right.

Still, answering something like "I don't give a shit, I just play the game" is cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Nash has "made" many players in his career, so it's not like his assist numbers are high because he has Amare. He's the best play maker, but I think D-Will is the best point guard overall. CP needs to get his health back before we can deem him #1.

Made who?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Darren Collison says hi.
    I'm not sure the point of your post is....to let us know how replaceable Paul is or to say how amazing Collison is?