Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore Tez62's Avatar

Default Re: Why is there some white dude drawing up plays,while Mike Brown just kicks back?

I caught a "honky" in this thread too. I wonder if anybody would care if somebody used an equally racist term for a black person?

Super Handsome East River Livn''s Avatar

Default Re: Why is there some white dude drawing up plays,while Mike Brown just kicks back?

Quote Originally Posted by haggard
    I thought assistant coaches were the X and O guy and the head coaches are more the motivators these days.
    Have you ever seen a head coach just randomly walking around in the background while the last play of a crucial postseason game is being drawn up? He could hve at least had his arms around the players gathering them in. He doesn't get a pass on this one, I'm sorry.

If LeBron wants him to stay, obviously he is going to stay because LeBron is the most powerful man in basketball, on and off the court. But other than that, I don't see why Cav's management would keep this guy on. He also should have had someone other than AV on D12 with fouls to give, so Dwight couldn't continue to go hog wild in the paint. The man clearly cannot handle the pressure of the postseason.

Decent playground baller

i never thought mike brown was a great coach. i don't think he's terrible, but winning coach of the year was pretty bad.

however, that video of him pacing nervously while the assistant draws up the play and tells the players what to do. man. that was DEVASTATING to mike brown's rep.

when i saw that during the game i was shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsupra
    U should have 65 green bars that is classic...but sad in the same note
    Dumb question. How do you add to his rep?

Saw a basketball once

Watching Mike Brown at the post-game conference.... man.... weak show.

Brown just got COTY, and he doesn't deserve it by any stretch of the imagination. He doesn't seem to have a freaking clue about what is going on. People are complaining about how Phil Jackson doesn't seem able to shake up his roster, but we hand some coaching award to Brown? His game plan is simple; nine Lebron James Delivery Systems, and Lebron James.

If James doesn't get hardware this year (which I don't think he will, even if he pulls it out against the Magic [Nuggs V Cavs, Nuggs in 6]), he is not signing an extension, and that will panic the **** out of the Cavs. They will either a) replace Brown mid year b) try to move Z c) move Lebron for market value to NYC or LA - I'd love to see Baron and Bron on the same team.....

I think Lebron is outta Akron ASAP.

Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    LMAO. A guy's race is in the title of this thread, negatively.

That's racist. There are no two-ways about it.

"Why is some BLACK guy marketing their stocks?"

^^^I would get annihilated with such a post.

It's not just knowing "intent"(and I'm sure the OP is a good person), it's about knowing perception.
    It's alot easier to say "some white guy" rather then saying "why is Mike Brown's assistant coach". I think you've just taken it the wrong way. Either way who cares

Saw a basketball once

The NBA should just quit giving COTYs to OK coaches with wicked players and just start handing them to Sloan. Hell, give him the last few fraudulent ones while they're at it.

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Uh, I thought it was common knowledge he turned over the offense to his assitants. That's why they won so many games. This is also why I thought he didn't deserve COY. They got better when he stopped running the offense. That's not a COY coach.
    Or is it a COY coach? Lesser coaches would be arrogant and force themselves on the team. Coaches that win know their limitations and work within them. If you're not a good coach at developing skills, you bring in a guy who is and form the strongest coaching team you can. Doc did the same thing in Boston last year and Thibideau's defense owned the league. How many coaches have the security in their egos to do this and how many teams are hurt from it? I think its Brown's kudos.

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zabuza666
    It's alot easier to say "some white guy" rather then saying "why is Mike Brown's assistant coach". I think you've just taken it the wrong way. Either way who cares
    That utter BS. If it was a black guy would you have said "some black guy" or if it was Pat Reilly would you have said "some black guy." Its a lot easier to say 'some guy' then 'some white guy' as well... OP said it the racist way, not that I really care cuz whats some black guy a head coach for anyway, right???

Put yr guns up

This is dumb. I'll agree that Brown shouldn't be pacing around the huddle, but there's nothing wrong with an assistant being the man in that situation. Mike Brown's forte is defense, not offense and everyone knows it. The play the assistant drew up at the end of the game was a good one, got LeBron a decent shot with only 3.2 from the backcourt. I bet Nugget fans would kill to have that guy draw up inbounds plays rather than George Karl.

If we're going to criticize him for something, let's criticize his rotations. Wally should not have been playing at all, yet he got 20 minutes when there's a better defender riding pine in Pavlovic, and really a better shooter at this point since Wally's been bricking everything.

turns illusions for $ ShannonElements's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zabuza666
    I care. There was an effort made to point out the guy is white.

He could have also said "why is some random guy drawing up plays"...but he didn't. He focused on ethnicity.

Decent playground baller

i definitely come down on the side of it being easier to say "some white guy" than "why is the cavalier's assistant coach..."

the sports media barely talks about the cavaliers assistants, or any assistants for that matter, so we were all shocked to see this random guy that looks like lawrence frank drawing up the play.

i don't think any insult was intended.

turns illusions for $ ShannonElements's Avatar

I don't know what "FYP" means. Sorry, don't live my entire life on the internet.

I made a thread about black players and it was deleted by moderators. Tell you anything?

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

i noticed that too during a timeout and i wasn't sure why that happened. so unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by SCY
    This is dumb. I'll agree that Brown shouldn't be pacing around the huddle, but there's nothing wrong with an assistant being the man in that situation. Mike Brown's forte is defense, not offense and everyone knows it. The play the assistant drew up at the end of the game was a good one, got LeBron a decent shot with only 3.2 from the backcourt.
    But this is HIS team with seconds left in a game that could go either way. Even if he has delegated the offensive duties to the assistant coach, he should be gathering the players in or even act like he gives a crap what's going to happen in the final play of the game. He looks completely overwhelmed.

And if his forte is defense then how come he let Dwight score 3 straight FGs right underneath the basket with a minute left in the game? He knew AV had 5 fouls and obviously was afraid to foul out(which he did anyway). You could tell by D12's body language that he was going to put this game on his shoulders and take it to the rim. If he was smart he would have had Z or Joe Smith ready to hack him if he got the ball at point blank range.