Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Why do so many people place such an importance on food?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Sure you would. This is 1200 calories:

Breakfast:

Lunch

Dinner:

No way you just...die.

You would be thin...but you would be fine.
    You metabolism would work to keep the organs alive and feed them the calories they need.
    If you don't move throughout the day, maybe you'll survive that, still very questionable as at such a low caloric intake there wouldn't be enough calories to fully satisfy all the organs, therefore one of them would give out sooner or later, and when one organ fails, that's always a chain reaction to others failing.
    Now if you move regularly or even have a job, there's no way you're surviving when your organs need those calories and some of them are dedicated to recovering the muscles after the work. There's no possible scientific way you'll live for an extensive periods of time.
    That's why a lot of people in concentration camps died of famine, and a lot of them developed huge health problems for the rest of their lifes even if the famine wasn't longer than 2-3 years.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

People in concentration camps and prison camps die of scurvy, diarrhea, and poor medical care letting infection run wild.

Its hard to starve to death with a planned out diet...eating healthy small meals 3 times a day. You have medical care...vitamins...you arent drinking filthy rainwater collecting in ponds you also have to go to the bathroom in.

You cant really compare work camps to just...choosing to not eat much.

Scurvy used to kill millions of poor people.

Thats just...not getting vitamin C.

You dont get vitamin C in a prison camp.

Most of the diseases and issues they faced arent faced by anyone free.

There are millions of people who would be more healthy on 1200 a day than they are now.

apparently christian bale ate a can of tuna and an apple a day for his 'the machinist' role

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    You metabolism would work to keep the organs alive and feed them the calories they need.
    If you don't move throughout the day, maybe you'll survive that, still very questionable as at such a low caloric intake there wouldn't be enough calories to fully satisfy all the organs, therefore one of them would give out sooner or later, and when one organ fails, that's always a chain reaction to others failing.
    Now if you move regularly or even have a job, there's no way you're surviving when your organs need those calories and some of them are dedicated to recovering the muscles after the work. There's no possible scientific way you'll live for an extensive periods of time.
    That's why a lot of people in concentration camps died of famine, and a lot of them developed huge health problems for the rest of their lifes even if the famine wasn't longer than 2-3 years.
    Simply wrong. If the food is nutritious, for example the pics Kblaze posted show that (you'll get vitamins, protein, and fats) your organs will not simply fail. 1200 calories is a very survivable amount even for a 6'2" person. You might look like an African marathon runner but you will survive without being on the verge of death. If caloric restriction in humans is confirmed, you could certainly live longer than 70-80 years on a 1200 calorie diet.

People in concentration camps died because of malnourishment and starvation. They were severely lacking in nutritents/vitamins you MUST have to survive.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 10-23-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Id like to track it to confirm...but I suspect a friend of mine eats about 1200 a day.

All he drinks is water...and ive never seen him eat a full meal.

Ive known him 15 years. Spent whole days with him...he drinks bottled water and eats 2 regular 69 cent mcdinalds burgers around 5. And hes done. this dude eats the tiny burgers you forgot fast food places made.

He eats...a single chicken leg and drinks half a beer.

Hes probably 5'10'' 130 pounds.

Id like to track it to confirm...but I suspect a friend of mine eats about 1200 a day.

All he drinks is water...and ive never seen him eat a full meal.

Ive known him 15 years. Spent whole days with him...he drinks bottled water and eats 2 regular 69 cent mcdinalds burgers around 5. And hes done. this dude eats the tiny burgers you forgot fast food places made.

He eats...a single chicken leg and drinks half a beer.

Hes probably 5'10'' 130 pounds.
    Your McD still has 69c burgers? a McChicken is like $1.29 around here. And is he healthy? I don't mean his medical records or anything, but does the dude seem to be in generaly good health?

Also:
    North Koreans Threaten to Nullify 1953 Armistice Agreement

By Jim Garamone
    American Forces Press Service
    WASHINGTON, March 5, 2013 – North Korea has threatened to nullify the armistice that ended the 1950-53 Korean War.
    The North Korean rhetoric appears to be in response to threatened United Nations sanctions that may be put in place following the Feb. 12 North Korean test of a nuclear weapon, DOD officials said.
    The North Korean Central News Agency quoted officials in the North saying the threat is because the United States and South Korea are holding annual military exercises.
    North Korea “will achieve nothing by threats or provocations, which will only further isolate North Korea and undermine international efforts to ensure peace and stability in Northeast Asia,” said Army Lt. Col. Cathy Wilkinson, a Pentagon spokeswoman.
    She said the two exercises -- Key Resolve and Foal Eagle -- are annual training exercises designed to increase alliance readiness to defend South Korea, protect the region and maintain stability on the Korean Peninsula.
    “These exercises are defensive in nature,” Wilkinson said. “There is nothing provocative, unusual, or threatening about these exercises.”
    The North Korean military command said, “When the war exercises turn into their main phase after March 11, the Korean War armistice agreement that has existed in its name only, will come to an end.”
    North Korea has also been developing a long-range ICBM. U.S. commanders find the North Korean steps “deeply troubling.”
    “We have been involved with the review of our plans and our posture related to North Korea, particularly we’ve been working very hard with Pacific Command and Northern Command regarding our ballistic missile defense posture and our ballistic missile defense approach,” said Air Force Gen. C. Robert Kehler, the commander of U.S. Strategic Command. Kehler testified before the House Armed Services Committee today.
    The commander of U.S Pacific Command, Navy Adm. Samuel J. Locklear III, also testified before the committee. Locklear said the new North Korean dictator, Kim Jong Un, must realize that carrying on this way will be unsuccessful.
    “In the end, this is not in the best interest of the people of North Korea, where the average citizen gets about 800 calories a day,” Locklear said. “They spent more money on the missile launch in one day, and they could have fed their entire nation for … one month.”
    Meanwhile, U.S. and South Korean forces are monitoring North Korean activities, officials said.
    “Obviously, our defensive forces are postured … in case something really crazy were to happen,” Locklear said. “But in the end, we have to … applaud the efforts of the U.N. Security Council as they continue to put pressure on this regime from all sides.”
    North Korean life expectancy is 70 years, for reference. And the average citizen is eating 800 calories a day. 1200 calories is a full 50% additional calories than they are having.
    here is a http://www.defense.gov/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=119448

But to answer the OP's original question.

Food is necessary to live.

Food provides fuel.

Good food makes people happy as it is one the essential sensual pleasures.

He barely eats...and hes a smoker. He appears healthy. Who knows though....

This is a true story

Sol Forman, who sometimes ate a steak or two a day at Peter Luger, the steakhouse across the street from his Brooklyn metalware factory, and then rescued the restaurant from oblivion by buying it at auction and owning it for a half century, died on Thursday at Maimonides Hospital in Brooklyn......

He enjoyed and excelled at sales and frequently entertained customers across the street at Peter Luger. Many days, this meant eating two steaks. When trade shows were in town, it could mean three.

.....[COLOR="Red"] He was 98.[/COLOR]

I dont think steak is considered as bad for you as red meat once was.

I suspect 10 steaks a week wouldnt leave you unhealthy at all if you lived a decent life around them.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    apparently christian bale ate a can of tuna and an apple a day for his 'the machinist' role
    So?

That's weak shit. P*ssy couldn't even go sugar free.

He barely eats...and hes a smoker. He appears healthy. Who knows though....
    Your first mistake.

Anyway, no doctor in the world would tell a person to go on a 1000 calorie diet unless there was some kind of serious shit going on.

But I guess budadii and russ are smarter than doctors so what do I know.

I didnt say a doctor would suggest it. I said it wouldnt kill you. An awful lot of things a doctor wouldnt suggest wouldnt kill you.

There are probably hundreds of millions of people proving you can live off 1200 calories right now.

As with everything...there is a point that goes too far.

An orange for breakfast....wild mushrooms and rice for lunch....and a couple grilled fish tacos for dinner? Take your vitamins....change up the veggies often.

You would...live.

All im saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Your first mistake.

Anyway, no doctor in the world would tell a person to go on a 1000 calorie diet unless there was some kind of serious shit going on.

But I guess budadii and russ are smarter than doctors so what do I know.
    Well, yeah probably these people are severely obese, but I wanted to point out there is a such thing as medically supervised diets that low. This site says they put women on 600-800 cal/day, and men on 800-1000 cal.

http://www.jcmg.org/jcmg.nsf/web/New...rie-Diet-(VLCD)

Regardless the point is that you will live WELLLLLL past 30 on a 1200 calorie diet of nutritious food, even if you are 6'2" or whatever SexSymbol said. You aren't going to drop dead at 28 or any other preposterous notions that you can't live long term on low calorie diets.