Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: [Breaking Tweet] Lebron may be juicing: He and Agent associated with 'Roid Clinic

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Uhh, why is doping so bad? If it leads to better basketball then why would anyone be against it? The "integrity" of the game is a useless argument.
    because it forces every single player in the NBA to use it just to be able to compete, and it could have negative effects on the body. this also sends a message to the public that it's ok to use those things, and that is against public policy. not that hard to understand.

Default Re: [Breaking Tweet] Lebron may be juicing: He and Agent associated with 'Roid Clinic

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Uhh, why is doping so bad? If it leads to better basketball then why would anyone be against it? The "integrity" of the game is a useless argument.
    Because it gives those who use it a hugely unfair advantage, if you are good enough you don't need to cheat. PED's are for ******* who are afraid they are not gonna cut it exploiting their own strengths and skills.

Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Because it gives those who use it a hugely unfair advantage, if you are good enough you don't need to cheat. PED's are for ******* who are afraid they are not gonna cut it exploiting their own strengths and skills.
    But if everyone is using it what's the problem? If all athletes are utilising PEDs then no-one is at a disadvantage. Also the biggest advantage of anabolic steroids is the drastic increase the give in recovery time, which enables athletes to train harder more often. So if you consider that then it grants athletes the ability to better exploit their own strengths and skills.

Quote Originally Posted by zabuza666
    But if everyone is using it what's the problem? If all athletes are utilising PEDs then no-one is at a disadvantage. Also the biggest advantage of anabolic steroids is the drastic increase the give in recovery time, which enables athletes to train harder more often. So if you consider that then it grants athletes the ability to better exploit their own strengths and skills.
    No not all are using PEDs where the **** did you get that from?

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    No not all are using PEDs where the **** did you get that from?
    I'm using a hypothetical where PEDs are legal in sports.

Because there are potentially major health risks with steroids, and it would be unfair for the athletes unwilling to take those risks to compete against those who would. Comparing steroids with creatine is a joke

Your hypo situation doesn't make sense because PED's seriously endanger health.

PEDs has a tons of side effects. Athletes are supposed to be our role model, not someone who are teaching us how to endanger our bodies.

- Source is bogus.
    - LeBron's probably juicing, but I don't think anything will come out this season. If he is, he's certainly not the only one. The league will want to protect itself.
    - Athletes aren't supposed to be anything.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if players were juicing back in the 80s to be honest. It doesn't matter if the playing field is even and everybody else is juicing on some fashion.

At the end of the day, all the juicing in the world can't help your jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Because there are potentially major health risks with steroids, and it would be unfair for the athletes unwilling to take those risks to compete against those who would. Comparing steroids with creatine is a joke
    Ok lets clarify this nice and early. The use of anabolic steroids does not cause health problems when utilised in a correct and proper manner. If an individual does abuse steroids, they will get adverse health effects (which could have severe ramifications). However to reiterate my point I'll say it again, anabolic steroid use, when done correctly; does not cause significant health issues. For evidence on this please see 'Anabolics 9th Edition' by William Llewellyn

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Ok lets clarify this nice and early. The use of anabolic steroids does not cause health problems when utilised in a correct and proper manner. If an individual does abuse steroids, they will get adverse health effects (which could have severe ramifications). However to reiterate my point I'll say it again, anabolic steroid use, when done correctly; does not cause significant health issues. For evidence on this please see 'Anabolics 9th Edition' by William Llewellyn
    Even then, people react differently to all sorts of drugs. If I have a Tylenol pill right now I'll have to get rushed to ER or I'll die

Like you're hinting at, these are pro athletes under the care of pro trainers (dopers?), they know what they're doing. They also have team physicians and doctors that can monitor his health on a weekly basis if needed.

NBA Fan

No major news source has reported anything so there's no reason to assume anything as of right now. On a side note I found this gif:

Last edited by shady6121; 03-04-2013 at 06:11 AM.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121
    No major news source has reported anything so there's no reason to assume to anything as of right now. On a side note I found this gif:

Seriously though, even if they league KNEW he was on PEDs, they'd cover it up to protect the reputation of the league. There is no way they'd let something like this come to light from their poster boy.