Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Is OKC a Complete team after this Draft ??

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    It matters when people assume the pick if thiers next draft. Smarten up
    For all we know it's protected for 1 year only.

And before you tell someone to "smarten up" you might want to at least write decent English. Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    i would say they're close, but still not there yet. after trading Maynor they now have a need for backup PG but that wont be much of a problem considering that they have $$$ and that backup PG wont be playing much anyway.
    Maynor wasn't traded.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

no, there is no such thing as a complete team in the league. always room for improvement. Also, I dont think aldrich will be as serviceable as the media members anticipate. Frankly, I doubt hes better than Collison or Etan (do they still have him?).

Quote Originally Posted by liquidrage
    For all we know it's protected for 1 year only.

And before you tell someone to "smarten up" you might want to at least write decent English. Dick.
    Yeah 1 year.

Like I said, smarten up. Then again whereas I can enroll in classes to write decent english for you to understand? You cant enroll, download or buy common sense.

LAC first rd in trade for Bledsoe
    Last edited by GOBB; 06-25-2010 at 11:51 AM.

why live??

They'll be complete if Aldrich is ready to start.
    CT: Aldrich/ Krstic/ Collison/ Mullens/ Pleiss
    PF: Ibaka/ White/ Reid
    SF: Durant/ Green/ Williams
    SG: Sefolosha/ Harden/ Cook/ Weaver
    PG: Westbrook/ Maynor/ Shakur
    Bolded players probably won't be on the roster next year. (Pleiss-NBDL, Reid-NBDL, Shakur-???)

Green should not be starting at PF. He was heavily exposed against the Lakers. He should be playing Odom's role.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    have you even watched tibor pleiss play? dude already has a very good feel on offense, and you can tell he tries and is very smart on defense although his body still needs to get stronger. i think he wil be serge ibaka type of sleeper.
    The guy has a lot of potential, I hope his talent won't be wasted on the bench. And don't forget: You can't teach size. But you're right, he's gotta get physically stronger, and he knows that.

I rule the local playground Svendiggity's Avatar

the Thunder were the 8th seed. Chris Paul is back, Blake Griffon is healthy, Portland might not have injury problems? , hell even Memphis and Houston had pretty good drafts. The West is tough. I wouldn't be surprised if the Thunder don't make the playoffs, especially if the Spurs don't get dismantled.

To answer the question - they are not a complete team. Any team with Kevin Durant as the leader is not a complete team, sorry. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with that guy leading me. I play with more passion when I play pickup games.

The Thunder were able to play freely in the Playoffs because of many different factors. They had no pressure on them, and were able to just play like kids at a park. They won't be able to play that way again, because if they lose in the playoffs people won't say "wow they won 2 games against so and so" People only say that once, then they expect more.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Svendiggity
    the Thunder were the 8th seed. Chris Paul is back, Blake Griffon is healthy, Portland might not have injury problems? , hell even Memphis and Houston had pretty good drafts. The West is tough. I wouldn't be surprised if the Thunder don't make the playoffs, especially if the Spurs don't get dismantled.

To answer the question - they are not a complete team. Any team with Kevin Durant as the leader is not a complete team, sorry. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with that guy leading me. I play with more passion when I play pickup games.

The Thunder were able to play freely in the Playoffs because of many different factors. They had no pressure on them, and were able to just play like kids at a park. They won't be able to play that way again, because if they lose in the playoffs people won't say "wow they won 2 games against so and so" People only say that once, then they expect more.
    don't agree with you about durant at all. but i do agree that they better come to play next year. the west is really weak at the top (only 1 great team)....but there are a ton of good to pretty good teams capable of winning 50 games. if the blazers are healthy and the suns/spurs don't blow up....the thunder will really struggle to finish in the top 6.

I rule the local playground Svendiggity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    don't agree with you about durant at all. but i do agree that they better come to play next year. the west is really weak at the top (only 1 great team)....but there are a ton of good to pretty good teams capable of winning 50 games. if the blazers are healthy and the suns/spurs don't blow up....the thunder will really struggle to finish in the top 6.
    Yeah honestly the top 6 are basically locks barring injuries. Bottom 2 will be a fight between Hornets , Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Grizzlies.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    The Thunder will be top 5 barring injuries. The Thunder is still a young team and they will improve next season. Westbrook is still getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiei
    You can't expect rookies to fit in right away. While some presence in the paint is better than none, what they can do remains to be seen.
    Actually, you can. It happens all of the time. One example is PF Taj Gibson of the Chicago Bulls.

Will they start Ibaka and have Green coming off the bench to back up the 3 and 4? Will Cole Aldrich start? Help me out here OKC fans.

Westbrook/Maynor/Weaver
    Sefolosha/Harden/Cook
    Durant/Green/Peterson
    Ibaka/Collison/White
    Aldrich/Krstic/Mullens

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

They also got Mo peterson from the hornets after they traded a draft pick last night.

Good High School Starter

It will be interesting to see how the Thunder go backing up there great seaon. I still think a healthy Blazers are more complete and have a better roster. There is so many good teams in the West though...

Only if they dont blow it by starting green all year long or by giving mopete lots of minutes