Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Jeremy Lin not guaranteed to stay with Knicks, says agent

I like the colors. The Knicks uniforms should use something more like that (the shade of blue especially).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    I like the colors. The Knicks uniforms should use something more like that (the shade of blue especially).
    I'm colorblind. It looks like purple to me (sorta).

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I wouldn't wear it but it's not bad. No grown man NOT named Jeremy Lin should be caught wearing it really. That's suspect lol

The only thing I don't like is the dragon. Reminds me of those kids that used to wear those lame button down shirts that had the Dragon Ball Z characters on it lmao.

I like how they flipped the Harvard logo to say Lin.

I'm colorblind. It looks like purple to me (sorta).
    Yea pretty much.... you're colorblind

I've actually been looking for a Knicks or Mets jacket to get. Been searching all over for a Starter jacket. I remember me and my dad had like 3 Knicks ones in my house when I was growing up. All the ones I see now are either worn or ridiculously overpriced.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Red"]Until you guys put the numbers to the deal 4 yrs 36 mil. after all the annual raises. I didnt think we would have to give him the full MLE.

This is how I think about it. Who is better with potential Jeffries or Lin? I say this because Jeffries got the MLE to be a 15 minute player (which was a terrible deal!) Is Lins present ability and potential better than Jeffries? This is my rationalization in a way.

[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Red"]Until you guys put the numbers to the deal 4 yrs 36 mil. after all the annual raises. I didnt think we would have to give him the full MLE.

This is how I think about it. Who is better with potential Jeffries or Lin? I say this because Jeffries got the MLE to be a 15 minute player (which was a terrible deal!) Is Lins present ability and potential better than Jeffries? This is my rationalization in a way.

[/COLOR]
    Wait so are you supporting it or not because your rationalization makes me all the more weary about investing the MLE in Lin.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Wait so are you supporting it or not because your rationalization makes me all the more weary about investing the MLE in Lin.
    [COLOR="Red"]i support part not all but if it comes down to all or nothing I guess all would be ok. I just dont have faith in the Knicks to sign someone or make a trade and I would hate for another year of having no PG going into the season.

The Knicks survived Jeffries with the Mid Level I guess the Knicks could survive again.[/COLOR]

If we win the hearing on June 13, we won't have to use the MLE on him. We would have his Bird rights and can save it for Nash or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    If we win the hearing on June 13, we won't have to use the MLE on him. We would have his Bird rights and can save it for Nash or anyone else.
    From what I'vebeen reading, we have a very slim chance of winning that hearing. Either way, I don't want Nash AND Lin. That would almost guarantee we'll have no SG.

Krust Kingz

From what I'vebeen reading, we have a very slim chance of winning that hearing. Either way, I don't want Nash AND Lin. That would almost guarantee we'll have no SG.
    [COLOR="Red"]Bro the Knicks have no cap room so the pickings are slim.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Red"]Bro the Knicks have no cap room so the pickings are slim.[/COLOR]
    That's why I'm saying, if we go with Lin, use the money we'd spend on Nash on a SG instead.Basically, the theme of everything I've been saying regarding Jeremy Lin is, the only way I think we should re-sign him is if we think he's ready to start from day 1 next year. He isn't a young QB. I don't want him "sitting behind [Nash] to learn the position." I know essentially the PG position is similar to a QB in football but I don't think the position necessarily progresses the same way in basketball.

Iman Shumpert?

And if we win the hearing, we can offer more to JR Smith if need be.
    Last edited by Sarcastic; 06-01-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Krust Kingz

Iman Shumpert?

And if we win the hearing, we can offer more to JR Smith if need be.
    [COLOR="Red"]Shump is not expected back until December or So. This is going to be tricky regardless. Gotta fill out the roster with no cap space. I think we have to secure that position and I dont want to go into the draft without knowing who the PG is going to be.

Is there a rule that the knicks cant buy draft picks because they are over the cap? Cleveland and Portland have a SH!T load of picks this year![/COLOR]

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

We can't buy a draft pick because teams are only allowed to spend 3 mil once per year, and we spent ours moving Turiaf to make room for Tyson.

The draft is considered part of the '11-12 season, as the new season being July 1.

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

how much would his contract be worth if they win the hearing?

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
    how much would his contract be worth if they win the hearing?
    i think the gilbert arenas provision still applies