Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jordan Stopper

Default Wade is only barely past his prime...

Why isn't he getting the championship or bust label this year??

Dragic, Whiteside, Winslow, Bosh etc and still no championship expectations??

This is why I don't consider Wade an All-Time Great. The dude never had the pressure or expectations to perform like LeBron, Magic, MJ, Pippen, Barkley etc

People gloss over the fact that the dude's been in the lottery/1st round every season without Shaq/Lebron

Default Re: Wade is only barely past his prime...

Shouldn't you be worried more about Lebron losing his 3rd straight Finals?

Rather than agenda posting against a player he isn't even teammates with anymore.

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    Shouldn't you be worried more about Lebron losing his 3rd straight Finals?

Rather than agenda posting against a player he isn't even teammates with anymore.

What does this thread have to do with LeBron??

Good college starter

Damn. OP is a f*ggot but I have to agree with him on this one.

Wade Stanleys will avoid this thread like the plague.

NBA rookie of the year

Wade has literally worn every hat, and been relativily successful at every role he's been put in.

Helped uplift his team to post season series victory as a rookie

Win a championship as the go to guy

Carrying a mediocre supporting cast to the postseason, leading the league in scoring

Helped Bran from becoming a ring-less loser

He's done it at all.

And at 34 years old, he's still doing it.

You've got nothing fa99ot. Nothing at all.
    Last edited by PJR; 03-30-2016 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    Damn. OP is a f*ggot but I have to agree with him on this one.

Wade Stanleys will avoid this thread like the plague.
    You're one to talk.

Wade is 34. When Kobe was 34 he barely made the playoffs with ref help and 3-4 other HOF.
    The season before that he got destroyed in the 2nd round by the team Wade helped destroy in the Finals.
    The season before that Kobe got absolutely rekt by a team Wade would've beat if Lebron had not choked.

I'm not even that big of a Wade fan, but he's better than Kobe.

He's not an all-time great because he is not criticized enough.

The third best SG of all-time, maybe fourth is not an all-time great because we don't expect as much from him as others.

The 3x NBA Champion who carved up the Mavericks (but the refs.. he still did it) is not an all-time great.

23.7 ppg, 5.8 assists, 4.8 rebounds, 1.7 steals and 0.9 blocks (He is 6'4" averaging a block a game) in a 14 year career is not an all-time great.

Not to mention his numerous All-star votes, NBA All-team, All-Defense.

I'm pretty sure he is an all-time great, first ballot Hall of Famer. But that's none of my business.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    You're one to talk.

Wade is 34. When Kobe was 34 he barely made the playoffs with ref help and 3-4 other HOF.
    The season before that he got destroyed in the 2nd round by the team Wade helped destroy in the Finals.
    The season before that Kobe got absolutely rekt by a team Wade would've beat if Lebron had not choked.

I'm not even that big of a Wade fan, but he's better than Kobe.
    at "Helped destroy". You mean he got carried to a finals win by LeBron? Yes, I agree.

And at you talking about "woulda coulda'" Did he beat them? No. If Wade is so good he would've gotten somethihng out of LeBron, enough to secure the win. He also choked down the stretch in many of those games.

Wade isn''t even better than Pippen.

And at you comparing Kobe's 34 to Wade's 34. Did Wade come directly out of highschool? Dude's in his 13th season and you're acting like he's some old man. Meanwhile Kobe was in his 17th season.

Wade Stanleys keep taking those L's left and right just like his boy without LeBron/Shaq

I don't get picked last at the park anymore SmokyMcNasty's Avatar

at "Helped destroy". You mean he got carried to a finals win by LeBron? Yes, I agree.

And at you talking about "woulda coulda'" Did he beat them? No. If Wade is so good he would've gotten somethihng out of LeBron, enough to secure the win. He also choked down the stretch in many of those games.

And at you comparing Kobe's 34 to Wade's 34. Did Wade come directly out of highschool? Dude's in his 13th season and you're acting like he's some old man. Meanwhile Kobe was in his 17th season.

Wade Stanleys keep taking those L's left and right just like his boy without LeBron/Shaq
    Oh so Wade was the Pippen when him and Shaq won it? Thanks for blessing us with that good knowledge.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

You are exactly who I said you were Dray n Klay, sadly I am disappointed even though this was expected. Carry on then, troll away

Dunking on everybody in the park

I'm calling horseshit.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by greatest-ever
    I'm calling horseshit.

Decent college freshman

Wade dropped 23/6/5 on 43% shooting in the 12' Finals. He also dropped 20/5/5 on 47% shooting in the '13 Finals.

That's such stupid logic. So because Kobe lost in '06 he didn't get more out of his teammates, right?

You were on here like a month ago saying Wade is too disrespected and you post shit like "Wade isn't even better than Pippen"
    As a matter of fact outside of score what does Kobe do better than Pippen? Defense? No. Pass/playmake? No. Rebound? No. Pippen > Kobe.

Kobe was riding the pine his 1st 2 years and played with the MDE in Shaq until '04. Not the same as coming into the League starting and being the man eary on.

Love DWade! But he's CLEARLY past his prime! And NOT BARELY. Wade at his best was getting 27 points, 7 dimes, and six boards a night. Due to durability issues, he isn't capable of getting those numbers anymore. But he's still an All Star caliber player. This year, he has averaged 19 pts, 4.7 dimes, and 4 boards a night. And he's averaging that in 30 minutes a night.

Certain legends like MJ, Stock, Mailman, Kareem, and Dirk age gracefully. When they are finally out of their prime, they are still All Star caliber players in their late 30's to 40. D Wade wasn't as great as long as those guys were. In comparison to the other GOAT's, his body started failing him sooner than most. BUT he was so EPIC that he warrants top 4 GOAT SG status. Peak wise, he's in that same realm.

The Holy Trinity

Wade isn't even better than Pippen.
    There's a lot of hard-trolling going on today, but I'm gonna donate some of my time to refute this point once and for all because it keeps recurring (even in ESPN player rankings, smh) and it's the easiest piece of nonsense to dispense with. To test this statement, there are LITERALLY only two questions that need to be answered:

1. Could you slot Scottie in for Wade in the 06 Finals, give him the ball and say win us a ring and get the same result?

2. Could you slot him in for Wade on the 09 and 10 teams and say now drag us to the playoffs?

The answer is an unequivocal no on both counts. Scottie couldn't be an end-all and be-all scorer / playmaker. His numbers weren't even any better without Jordan than with him. Penny Hardaway > Scottie. When Shaq got injured for the Magic, Penny threw up 27 /7.

And don't talk about Pippen's "historically great defense" (aided by being able to handcheck-- oh snap, you mean the no-handcheck factor works both ways??). All skills in basketball are not equal and players are not the sum total of their talents in individual areas as if the game were some kind of NBA EFF stat.

Even if it were, Wade would still be better because, while not on Pip's level, prime Wade was an elite defender too. And while Scottie has a clear-cut edge in rebounding, he was NOT a better passer / playmaker. And while Scottie > Wade on defense, Wade >>>>>>>>>>>>> Scottie on offense.

And that brings us back to the two central questions. For the best player is the one his team gives the ball to and says win us the game, series or championship-- In other words, a "Jordan." Wade has proved he can be a Jordan or a Pippen. Scottie? Well, there's a reason his last name has became the title for an archetypical sidekick.
    Last edited by jrong; 03-30-2016 at 03:59 PM.