Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Lavine Situation

I'm not sold on the guy.
    I mean, I'm damn sure this kid is a baller.

But I'm not sure if he's going to fit with our starting five.
    Maybe as an off the bench weapon, he could do wonders. And maybe close out games...

But I think there's not enough ball for KAT, Wiggins, Lavine-- And now potentially dunn to really be effective on offense.

Do you guys think Lavine could thrive as a 6th man kind of guy?

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: The Lavine Situation

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    I'm not sold on the guy.
    I mean, I'm damn sure this kid is a baller.

But I'm not sure if he's going to fit with our starting five.
    Maybe as an off the bench weapon, he could do wonders. And maybe close out games...

But I think there's not enough ball for KAT, Wiggins, Lavine-- And now potentially dunn to really be effective on offense.

Do you guys think Lavine could thrive as a 6th man kind of guy?
    He can fit has a 3rd scorer. Idk what your refering to actually. He played pretty for a 20 year old last season and that was out of position for half the season.

High School Varsity 6th Man WolfGang's Avatar

I think Zach will prove to be better than Dunn and Wiggins. Dude is a freak.

Serious playground baller Annyong!'s Avatar

LaVine is better than Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by Annyong!
    LaVine is better than Wiggins.
    I disagree.

But it's -way- too early to be sure 100%.
    I think season 4 is when we'll know for sure.
    But to get them both, that's just awesome.

I just think it might be in our best interests if we have a lethal bench scorer, rather then pack all our offense into the starting 5.

He can score but his defense is horrible. He's still young tho. If he's willing to play off the bench that would be great for the Wolves.

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

LaVine is a beast, please don't forget the capital V, if you are going to be running with a fake Wolves fan alt you gotta come correct, playa!

Who said he had to be a starter to be effective?

You clearly aren't watching the games if you don't think he has talent, Thibs will organize the rotations during camp/preseason, it would not be wise to finalize your conclusions based on Sam Mitchell's amateur game plan during a tumultuous campaign.

He has been playing PG on and off, he is willing to share the ball, I do think a 6th man role where he can freely jack shots and find rhythm could be a better idea but we will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
    LaVine is a beast, please don't forget the capital V, if you are going to be running with a fake Wolves fan alt you gotta come correct, playa!

Who said he had to be a starter to be effective?

You clearly aren't watching the games if you don't think he has talent, Thibs will organize the rotations during camp/preseason, it would not be wise to finalize your conclusions based on Sam Mitchell's amateur game plan during a tumultuous campaign.

He has been playing PG on and off, he is willing to share the ball, I do think a 6th man role where he can freely jack shots and find rhythm could be a better idea but we will have to wait and see.
    I agree that it seemed as though he was being forced into a role he wasn't comfortble in.

Honest to god? I didn't watch all the Games.
    Not even half.
    Maybe a 5th.

Why?
    I'm not American, not from the USA. Timezones are difficult for me, and I try to watch when I can. And they only show some games on my country. The nationally televised ones on your country.

I usually watch Sunday Basketball, and I try not to miss any playoff game, when I can. From what I've seen, Lavine shoots alot while he is on the court. Usually he's pretty good. I've seen a game where he gets his 20 points in 10-15 minutes. That's why I recommended the bench role.

I'll ignore the Alt/fake/accusation things because I don't know how to prove it otherwise.

But thank you for contributing to the discussion, cheap shots aside.

I agree that it seemed as though he was being forced into a role he wasn't comfortble in.

Honest to god? I didn't watch all the Games.
    Not even half.
    Maybe a 5th.

Why?
    I'm not American, not from the USA. Timezones are difficult for me, and I try to watch when I can. And they only show some games on my country. The nationally televised ones on your country.

I usually watch Sunday Basketball, and I try not to miss any playoff game, when I can. From what I've seen, Lavine shoots alot while he is on the court. Usually he's pretty good. I've seen a game where he gets his 20 points in 10-15 minutes. That's why I recommended the bench role.

I'll ignore the Alt/fake/accusation things because I don't know how to prove it otherwise.

But thank you for contributing to the discussion, cheap shots aside.
    You have to look deeper, the organization was not pushing the coaching staff to try and win, they were developing players and tanking for a draft pick. I doubt LaVine will be chucking recklessly once he is assigned to a consistent role, he has the tools to become an above average contributor as a starter or bench player.

You knew I was bound to strike eventually, welcome aboard if you are legit, but I'm 'Sota born and raised so I'm taking it upon myself to snipe fakes off the bandwagon, its going to get crazy once they start doing well, I'm ready!

You have to look deeper, the organization was not pushing the coaching staff to try and win, they were developing players and tanking for a draft pick. I doubt LaVine will be chucking recklessly once he is assigned to a consistent role, he has the tools to become an above average contributor as a starter or bench player.

You knew I was bound to strike eventually, welcome aboard if you are legit, but I'm 'Sota born and raised so I'm taking it upon myself to snipe fakes off the bandwagon, its going to get crazy once they start doing well, I'm ready!
    Well, either way, I hope he pans out.
    And let me be the ruthless one here and say, worst case scenario?
    We got nice trade assets in Dunn/Lavine if they don't work out.
    I think that our CORE is KAT right now, and then Wiggins.

Anyhow, thanks mate.
    Why is our forum so barren? I tried seeing if anyone posted there, didn't get a response lmao.

I'm not from Minny. They just happened to be the first NBA game I watched live. (I think it was the 2012 season.) They won that game, and I decided to stay loyal to them despite finding out online that they weren't doing that well.

NBA rookie of the year

I'm not American, not from the USA. Timezones are difficult for me, and I try to watch when I can.
    There is a website that uploads full games the next day. Google: [COLOR="Sienna"]Watch NBA Replays,Playoffs, Final Full in HD Game[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    There is a website that uploads full games the next day. Google: [COLOR="Sienna"]Watch NBA Replays,Playoffs, Final Full in HD Game[/COLOR]

Well, either way, I hope he pans out.
    And let me be the ruthless one here and say, worst case scenario?
    We got nice trade assets in Dunn/Lavine if they don't work out.
    I think that our CORE is KAT right now, and then Wiggins.

Anyhow, thanks mate.
    Why is our forum so barren? I tried seeing if anyone posted there, didn't get a response lmao.

I'm not from Minny. They just happened to be the first NBA game I watched live. (I think it was the 2012 season.) They won that game, and I decided to stay loyal to them despite finding out online that they weren't doing that well.
    Lol, I wouldn't expect much action here during the offseason, a lot of LeBron haters were planning on taking control of the board but they got demoralized and had to disappear, and the majority of the crazy pro-LeBron accounts are just a couple of people, if not only one, trolling with alts.

Obviously KAT is the centerpiece but I'm thinking the build of the team will resemble Duncan's Spurs, Wiggins is a lock to remain a member of the new big 3 so it will come down to Dunn or LaVine to flesh out the core, I'll be happy with whatever works but I think LaVine has more potential than anyone other than KAT.

+Being from the home state of a team is certainly not a requirement to be a fan, but the Wolves have been garbage for so long it seems awfully strange to see fanboys appearing that aren't from the area, but I can respect you for jumping on before the rise!

Local High School Star

Lavine is a shooting guard who can not shoot...If KAT and Wiggins are to explode into all-star superstar levels..They need the room to operate and Lavine is a poor shooter. Unfortunately freak athletes often are poor shooters...Lebron/Westbrook/Rose etc

Maybe Wolves should cash him in for a solid vet 3andD player to help wiggins and Kat really expand their games to the next level. I always thought a younger Kevin Martin would have worked well with this team but unfortunately his 2 dribble crossover is only crossing himself over these days.

Lol, I wouldn't expect much action here during the offseason, a lot of LeBron haters were planning on taking control of the board but they got demoralized and had to disappear, and the majority of the crazy pro-LeBron accounts are just a couple of people, if not only one, trolling with alts.

Obviously KAT is the centerpiece but I'm thinking the build of the team will resemble Duncan's Spurs, Wiggins is a lock to remain a member of the new big 3 so it will come down to Dunn or LaVine to flesh out the core, I'll be happy with whatever works but I think LaVine has more potential than anyone other than KAT.

+Being from the home state of a team is certainly not a requirement to be a fan, but the Wolves have been garbage for so long it seems awfully strange to see fanboys appearing that aren't from the area, but I can respect you for jumping on before the rise!

Hopefully we'll bump this thread in 7 years to prove that we were here before the 3peat? eh?
    Who am I kidding. Give me a WCF and I'm going to go nuts.

But yeah, lots of things can happen.
    I'm really, really excited about Thibs. I think he can really help their growth into good players. LaVine is athletic as hell, if he learns how to use his body properly on D, I expect alot of chasedown blocks and maybe even lockdown moments from him and Wigs.