Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Default Re: What would have Kobe's FG% in playoffs been...

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    So you are questioning Kobe's FG% based on this year's playoff teams from the East? When the man has shatted on a lot of teams from the east through his 17 year career.

Heck, Kobe didn't even play in the playoffs this year because of the tendon. Who knows...he always owned the Spurs. Could have shot 47% and this thread never exists.
    He already had some great series against some Suns' teams, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz and so on. But ask yourself, would he have been able to do it against Celtics or Bulls or Pistons year after year, and is there any superstar who would not average Kobe's numbers against those weak D' teams?
    I cant imagine what would have been Wade's and Lebron's averages if they played on the West through their careers.

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

about 3.50

Melo-like percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    if he played on the tough East throughout his career.
    Year after year after year its more and more obvious where real D is played. Lets say that instead of Suns, Hornets, Jazz' weak ass D he had to go through Bulls, Pistons who humiliated him in 2004, Hawks, Celtics, Pacers and so on.
    You can say whatever you want. You can say how is it tough to get a playoff spot on the West and stuff like that, but its very clear to me that the only place where D is being played is the East.
    So my guess is no more than 38%FG.
    In the weak east of the 00? It would probably be like 60% FG. The east has been dominated by the tough west team since MJ's time. Common sense, it's a miracle Kobe being a shooter was able to average more than 45% along with Ray Allen

He already had some great series against some Suns' teams, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz and so on. But ask yourself, would he have been able to do it against Celtics or Bulls or Pistons year after year, and is there any superstar who would not average Kobe's numbers against those weak D' teams?
    I cant imagine what would have been Wade's and Lebron's averages if they played on the West through their careers.
    Wade and Lebron would probably be Melo's numbers at best specially Lebron when he started because he couldn't shoot for sh1t.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    talking of "who knows?", who knows how many rings Lebron would have won if he played for lakers from day 1. May be 6 already with a great front office. See, i can do the "who knows" thing too.
    I gave you facts and records for the season and you start with "who knows".
    If Lebron joined the Lakers since the day one, they wouldn't have Gasol, that's for sure so I see them winning one probably 08-10 and maybe (if they still have Bynum) in 12 and 13 if the injury doesn't happen because Kobe was banged up in 11 so there was no way they would've win in 2011 without amazing Kobe (as much as you would like to imagine Lebron can't do it by himself). Of course this all depends of who they would be able to sign to defend the post because if they didn't have Gasol they would be able to sign people to defend down low so Kobe and Lebron could do whatever they wanted in the perimeter.

And with Kobe pushing his numbers there is no way Lebron would had the epic choke he did in 11. Heck he would probably be better than he is now with Mamba teaching him stuff.

So 08-10 would be:
    Fisher
    Kobe
    Lebron
    Odom(If they sign someone he could come from the bench)
    Whoever they would sign to play in the post (Bynum injury still happens)

Fisher
    Crappy Kobe
    Lebron
    Odom(same as in 08-10)
    Bynum

2012 (woulda had more of a chance against the Mavs but I think they still lose because Dirk was amazing in that series)
    Sessions
    chucking Kobe (he wouldn't chuck as much with Lebron helping him I think)
    Lebron
    Whoever they sign here
    Best version of Bynum

2013 (they trade for Dwight but not for Nash because I don't see the point)
    Blake (or Fisher who knows)
    rejuvenated Kobe
    Lebron
    Clark
    "Crappy" Dwight

Tell me those teams are not championship material...
    Last edited by Bandito; 05-11-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

45%

but Kobe would have made the Finals in the East with that Kwame Brown and Luke Walton team, every single year

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

You're right, West plays mediocre defense compared to the East.

Saying the West is stronger, is a fake fan only noticing offense.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Im sorry Bandito, but you are on my ignore list. Im not able to see your shitty posts.

Quote Originally Posted by clutchinho
    45%

but Kobe would have made the Finals in the East with that Kwame Brown and Luke Walton team, every single year
    Worst draft of all time on ISH - APRIL 2013

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Who knows? He does shoot worse vs the east though. He shoots 44% vs the central division for his career, .436 vs the southeast(only 83 games...young division), but .458 vs the Atlantic.

24.7 on .446 vs the east for his career(452 games) and 26 a game on .458 vs the West(700+).

38%? Really

43%

still in the same range of mediocrity

Local High School Star

If Kobe didn't Have Shaq/Gasol/Odom/Bynum/Pau etc drawing 2+ defenders to them allowing Kobe to shoot half open/half defended shots most of the time...E.g. Drafted career in milwaukee/washington/cleveland he would end up having to actually play in the system because no one would allow him to go 1 on 1 because they would end up getting blown out every night plus Kobe would get a beat down by his team mates after the game.

if he played on the tough East throughout his career.
    Year after year after year its more and more obvious where real D is played. Lets say that instead of Suns, Hornets, Jazz' weak ass D he had to go through Bulls, Pistons who humiliated him in 2004, Hawks, Celtics, Pacers and so on.
    You can say whatever you want. You can say how is it tough to get a playoff spot on the West and stuff like that, but its very clear to me that the only place where D is being played is the East.
    So my guess is no more than 38%FG.

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    If Kobe didn't Have Shaq/Gasol/Odom/Bynum/Pau etc drawing 2+ defenders to them allowing Kobe to shoot half open/half defended shots most of the time...E.g. Drafted career in milwaukee/washington/cleveland he would end up having to actually play in the system because no one would allow him to go 1 on 1 because they would end up getting blown out every night plus Kobe would get a beat down by his team mates after the game.