Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Curry this season so far vs 2010-2011 Rose

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Curry is better...Considerably.
    This.

Curry's season last year was better as well.

The difference in the Warriors season last year and the Bulls season in 11 was help.

While both players were on the court:

Warriors +9.2
    Bulls +8.8

Virtually the same.

While both players were on the bench:

Warriors -5.9
    Bulls +6.1

That was the difference....obvious to anyone other than the moronic Rose stans.

Bulls were 12 points better than the Warriors when both players weren't on the court.

You give Curry a plus 6.1 bench last year and the Warriors would have won around 60 games.

Curry's current numbers are unreachable by Rose. His TS is over 8% better than Rose's MVP season and he is scoring at a higher rate.

GS is 2nd in defensive efficiency so Curry isn't hurting them too much on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Curry's current numbers are unreachable by Rose. His TS is over 8% better than Rose's MVP season and he is scoring at a higher rate.

GS is 2nd in defensive efficiency so Curry isn't hurting them too much on that end.
    Curry isn't hurting them at all actually....the defense is way better with him on the court. Granted, Curry isn't the reason for that, but he's in no way hurting the defense.

Defense with Curry? 94.1
    Defense without Curry? 103.4

Compare that to Rose in 11.

Defense with Rose? 102.2
    Defense without Rose? 94.8

FYI...lower number is better for defense.

It's too early to really compare, but so far Curry's season is on a whole other level than Rose's 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenith
    But keep in mind, that was 3 years ago and Rose has hardly played basketball since then.
    read the title.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Curry isn't hurting them at all actually....the defense is way better with him on the court. Granted, Curry isn't the reason for that, but he's in no way hurting the defense.

Defense with Curry? 94.1

Defense with Rose? 102.2

It's too early to really compare, but so far Curry's season is on a whole other level than Rose's 11.
    It's better to compare their DRTG to the team's overall DRTG, the defense "without player x" is basically showing how effective the 2nd unit is..

GSW is just stacked from top to bottom. Granted, Rose is no stopper himself, but what I'm saying is that neither should be praised for their defense.

Curry's been better on offense, that should answer the question, tbh.

Defense with Curry? 94.1

Defense with Rose? 102.2

I agree that Curry's current season is on a different level from anything Rose has done. However it is a little early to be using +/- stats. That works better on large sample sizes.

GS is 2nd in defensive efficiency. In the end that is what really matters.

Individual DRTG is pretty much a worthless stat. Team DRTG is fine though.
    Last edited by tontoz; 11-26-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Defense with Curry? 94.1

Defense with Rose? 102.2

you need to get over those stats. theirs 12-14 other players that factor into that and their is no base stat to compare it too. for example, you claim curry isnt hurting his team because when he is in the game the teams defense is better than when hes out, whos to say if you replaced curry with an average point gaurd defender that the stat would even be less than 94.1, thus making curry a detriment to the team defense. Thats why your stats dont mean shit, their is no base comparison. Your stats are for elementary thinking. But thats okay, i dont expect much from someone that thinks monta ellis is better than derrick rose.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    I agree that Curry's current season is on a different level from anything Rose has done. However it is a little early to be using +/- stats. That works better on large sample sizes.

GS is 2nd in defensive efficiency. In the end that is what really matters.

For I'm Kobe: Individual DRTG is pretty much a worthless stat. Team DRTG is fine though.
    Hence why I said "it's too early to really compare"

But this thread is Curry this season so far. And "so far"...it's not close.

Curry and it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    you need to get over those stats. theirs 12-14 other players that factor into that and their is no base stat to compare it too. for example, you claim curry isnt hurting his team because when he is in the game the teams defense is better than when hes out, whos to say if you replaced curry with an average point gaurd defender that the stat would even be less than 94.1, thus making curry a detriment to the team defense. Thats why your stats dont mean shit, their is no base comparison. Your stats are for elementary thinking. But thats okay, i dont expect much from someone that thinks monta ellis is better than derrick rose.

Well, when Rose was replaced by CJ Watson the defense got better.

Also, I specifically said I don't credit Curry with that. I was just responding to the notion that Curry is possibly hurting the defense so far. He's absolutely not. How much or how little he's improving it over the average guard is a totally different debate and I don't think we have enough information yet to make that claim.

But so far Curry is absolutely not "hurting" the Warriors defense.

I love how you say "your stats" like I made them up. Simply counting the point differential when a player is on or off the court over an entire season makes sense when making some of the idiotic claims you and fellow Rose stans make.

This notion that Rose does something to help his team have a dominant bench when he's not on the court needs to stop.

Sorry...it's just a fact that the Bulls straight up raped teams when Rose went to the bench in 11. Rose isn't on the court...he's on the bench. You don't credit him for that...that has nothing to with him. Especially when it's not like Thibs staggered his minutes a ton like Carlisle does with Dirk where he plays Dirk with the 2nd unit a lot like he did last year.

You just have to understand how important it is for a star player to go to the bench...and come back in and know the lead will grow or the deficit will be cut...Rose had that luxury to the tune of 6 points per 100 possessions. Meanwhile, Curry goes to the bench and his team gets outscored by 6...a 12 point difference.

That explains everything actually.

But I don't expect someone propping the most bitch made player of all time to understand this.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Idk but just on better season? Probably, but thinking about it as a defender, I'd probably fear guarding Rose more even though Curry is crazy too.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

This.

The difference in the Warriors season last year and the Bulls season in 11 was help.

While both players were on the court:

Warriors +9.2
    Bulls +8.8

Virtually the same.

While both players were on the bench:

Warriors -5.9
    Bulls +6.1

That was the difference....obvious to anyone other than the moronic Rose stans.

Bulls were 12 points better than the Warriors when both players weren't on the court.

You give Curry a plus 6.1 bench last year and the Warriors would have won around 60 games.
    ROSE faced every team in the league and was Best player in all the games with good players. Thats not a stat its watching games. Rose would shut down point guards like CP3 westbrook.

This.

roses 2011 regular season vs curry's 2014 regular season
    rose 25 points 7.7 assists
    curry 24 points 8.5 assists

against top 8 teams in the league
    rose 26.9 points 6.7 12-6
    curry 24.8 points 8.5 assists 11-12

clutch stats per 48
    rose 40% 47.8 points 75% win
    curry 41% 36.9 points 55.9% win

why do you believe that curry was the better player? i mean you can be moderate with your opinion and say curry was close, but saying hes better is just not true nor are there any real statistics to prove it. and keep in mind, GS is an offensive oriented team, so natural curry would have an advantage is scoring and assists.

and comparing a player that is 22 to a 26 year old is already unfair but thats different argument.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 11-26-2014 at 02:06 PM.

why do you believe that curry was the better player? .

Maybe because Curry's TS% was 6% higher.

roses 2011 regular season vs curry's 2014 regular season
    rose 25 points 7.7 assists
    curry 24 points 8.5 assists

against top 8 teams in the league
    rose 26.9 points 6.7 12-6
    curry 24.8 points 8.5 assists 11-12

clutch stats per 48
    rose 40% 47.8 points 75% win
    curry 41% 36.9 points 55.9% win

why do you believe that curry was the better player? i mean you can be moderate with your opinion and say curry was close, but saying hes better is just not true nor are there any real statistics to prove it. and keep in mind, GS is an offensive oriented team, so natural curry would have an advantage is scoring and assists.

and comparing a player that is 22 to a 26 year old is already unfair but thats different argument.
    lets start with the first thing...and at least you called it a different argument. we aren't grading on a curve...Rose does not get extra points for being younger.

We are simply comparing players...it doesn't matter if one is 50 or one is 25. Please get that through your head.

By all means....start a thread talking about how good Rose was for his age. He was...totally agree.

Now....for the other stuff.

1. Nobody gives a **** about this arbitrary top 8 teams in the league thing. It has to stop. It's just so arbitrary...just means nothing to me. Rose's shit play in the playoffs carries far more weight...sorry.

2. Curry's far better scoring efficiency trumps any of the other stuff for me...quite easily I might add. Curry was able to score at 61% TS. Rose was at 55% TS...big gap there.

3. While Curry's sample in the playoffs is smaller at only 7 games...he was better. 23/8/4 60% TS vs 27/8/4 50% TS...give me Curry pretty easily. Especially when Rose didn't play anyone good until the conference finals anyway...and he was dreadful. 23/4/7 44% TS...not setting the bar very high. Not enough is made of this series for Rose if we aren't grading on a curve. This series was just horrid...way worse than Dirk's 07 series for example. In large part because the Bulls actually had chances to win each game despite Rose's shit play. At least with Dirk we were getting blown out and it was clear the Warriors just had our number. But my point is that Rose's series was just like two levels worse. Just horrid...shit play combined with choking at the ft line...falling apart late in close games. Again...you can't ignore that. In the 5 biggest games of the year....Rose was absolutely dreadful. Not setting the bar high at all.

4. The clutch stuff. Curry shot 41/28/100 vs Rose shot 40/20/89. Rose turned it over more as well. Rose was clearly less efficient here. Now, Rose did get more rebounds and assists, but I'm not seeing a huge difference here.

5. The difference was obviously the help. Rose had way more help and played in a far worse conference. That is where those differentials really come into play. Give Curry a plus 6 points per 100 bench and put the Warriors in the East and you'd get 60 plus wins as well. Virtually everything supports this.

That is what this comes down to as always...you Rose fans under-rated Rose's help just so god damn much in 11. They were loaded. Especially that bench defensively...they came in and shut teams down...they outscored them by a pretty good margin while also wearing teams out.

It's not hard. It's simple math. Scoring differential really matters. The difference between -6 and +6 is large...denying that is silly. It's like 15 wins huge...
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 11-26-2014 at 02:33 PM.