Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Kyrie Irving traded for Michael Carter-Wiliams and Philly '14 #1 pick

Philly gets raped.

Default Re: What I want: Kyrie Irving trade for Michael Carter-Williams and Philly '14 #1 pick

How does Philly get raped? MCW is a rookie having a really nice season. But Kyrie irving rookie season was amazing. Dude shooting %'s across the board (FG/3pt/FT) was mind boggling for a kid his age. And he didnt play much in college. Look at his clutch performances, look at 4th quarter scoring. Dude was ranking up there with Bron and Durant. What happens if MCW hits a soph slump?

You dudes get caught up in the moment too easily.

I remember the Vucevic threads "best offensive center ". Guys go gaga googoo too fast. Kyrie is a baller. Now he's not better than a guy who has played a fraction of a season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: What I want: Kyrie Irving trade for Michael Carter-Williams and Philly '14 #1 pick

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    How does Philly get raped? MCW is a rookie having a really nice season. But Kyrie irving rookie season was amazing. Dude shooting %'s across the board (FG/3pt/FT) was mind boggling for a kid his age. And he didnt play much in college. Look at his clutch performances, look at 4th quarter scoring. Dude was ranking up there with Bron and Durant. What happens if MCW hits a soph slump?

You dudes get caught up in the moment too easily.

I remember the Vucevic threads "best offensive center ". Guys go gaga googoo too fast. Kyrie is a baller. Now he's not better than a guy who has played a fraction of a season.
    PleezeBelieve wants your pick for next year as well tho. That alone should throw you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    PleezeBelieve wants your pick for next year as well tho. That alone should throw you off.
    Oh hell naw! Overlooked that. Thought i read irving for mcw.

Blame the beer for this one.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Kyrie Irving traded for Michael Carter-Wiliams and Philly '14 #1 pick

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    Trade him for Jason Terry and a hot dog.
    Depends on what type of hot dog...

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Honestly the only way I can see a team being successful with Kyrie Irving as the star is if they treat him like Allen Iverson on the 00-01 7ers. That means playing him next to a real PG and surrounding him with elite defensive players that don't mind him taking 30 shots a game. He just isn't made for typical team basketball.

watch Cavs pick Glenn Robinson 3 or some shit like that with the 1st pick in 2014.

I was on the Kyrie is overrated bandwagon, but now he is getting unfairly blamed. He is still a kid, yes you would like to see some leadership but just like Melo, he isn't exactly playing with consistent stars on his teams. If you switch him out with Lebron, do the Heat regress that much? Maybe they don't win a championship but they still go deep into the playoffs.

When you have nothing but inconsistent players around you, it makes it that much harder to establish a winning culture.

Honestly the only way I can see a team being successful with Kyrie Irving as the star is if they treat him like Allen Iverson on the 00-01 7ers. That means playing him next to a real PG and surrounding him with elite defensive players that don't mind him taking 30 shots a game. He just isn't made for typical team basketball.
    I actually set up a team exactly like this 2 weeks again 2k

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I was on the Kyrie is overrated bandwagon, but now he is getting unfairly blamed. He is still a kid, yes you would like to see some leadership but just like Melo, he isn't exactly playing with consistent stars on his teams. If you switch him out with Lebron, do the Heat regress that much? Maybe they don't win a championship but they still go deep into the playoffs.

When you have nothing but inconsistent players around you, it makes it that much harder to establish a winning culture.
    He's a PG who is shooting 20 times a game. He passes as an afterthought. Nothing about his game is smooth outside his scoring ability.

And like I said earlier, his defense is trash.

Nothing about what I'm saying is off the wall. He's the wrong type of PG for this team. People like you who watch boxscores and not the games, are the one's who have no clue. Cavs need a PG who puts up 14/8/5 with solid to good D rather than one who puts up 22/6 with terrible defense.

Watch some games, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    He's a PG who is shooting 20 times a game. He passes as an afterthought. Nothing about his game is smooth outside his scoring ability.

And like I said earlier, his defense is trash.

Nothing about what I'm saying is off the wall. He's the wrong type of PG for this team. People like you who watch boxscores and not the games, are the one's who have no clue. Cavs need a PG who puts up 14/8/5 with solid to good D rather than one who puts up 22/6 with terrible defense.

Watch some games, dude.
    I do, and he shits on the Knicks all the time

I agree with the defense part, but 14-8-5? So you're telling me that if you switched Conley Jr and Kyrie, the Cavs would become a playoff team (not saying much in this East)? So if the Grizz call you up and say, Conley Jr and 2nd round pick for Kyrie, you say HELL YES?

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I do, and he shits on the Knicks all the time

I agree with the defense part, but 14-8-5? So you're telling me that if you switched Conley Jr and Kyrie, the Cavs would become a playoff team (not saying much in this East)? So if the Grizz call you up and say, Conley Jr and 2nd round pick for Kyrie, you say HELL YES?
    Kyrie + Andy

For

Conley + Ed Davis + Franklin + two #1s

And you got a deal.

Cavs instantly would become the 3rd best team in the East.

Learning to shoot layups iDunkOreo's Avatar

Are you stupid? Irving is only 21. His best years are ahead of him, and he is already pretty damn good already. Where were you last week when Irving was dropping 30 points left-and-right? Pleeze go somewhere with that bullshit

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

I don't think so. He just needs another star with him. I'm looking at his squad and I'm like...this team just seems dumb as fck outside of Jack. Kyrie must be mad as hell that he couldn't get Bradley Beal. Never liked Waiter's attitude. Anthony Bennett draft too? Damn. These players are supposed to be the future? I wanted to watch more Cavaliers this year but that team is just terrible to watch play and that includes Kyrie's no trust in teammates approach. Everyone here is clearly in need of veteran leadership.

Let's not overlook the fact that he is 21 years old. Rubio + pick for Irving? Give him Love, Dirk, Bosh, LA, or any star big and Kyrie will shine. And yeah he needs some freakin shooters to compliment his game. I don't want to dismiss Irving's poor start but whoever is managing and putting together all these pieces should be embarrassed. Doesn't even look like a team built for him. It's starting to look like the whole Lebron fiasco all over again but at least Lebron had shooters. The Cavs are going no where...the prospects don't even look promising. I'd hate to be in Cleveland too, and I'm sure that's what's going through Kyrie's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    I don't think so. He just needs another star with him. I'm looking at his squad and I'm like...this team just seems dumb as fck outside of Jack. Kyrie must be mad as hell that he couldn't get Bradley Beal. Never liked Waiter's attitude. Anthony Bennett draft too? Damn. These players are supposed to be the future? I wanted to watch more Cavaliers this year but that team is just terrible to watch play and that includes Kyrie's no trust in teammates approach. Everyone here is clearly in need of veteran leadership.

Let's not overlook the fact that he is 21 years old. Rubio + pick for Irving? Give him Love, Dirk, Bosh, LA, or any star big and Kyrie will shine. And yeah he needs some freakin shooters to compliment his game. I don't want to dismiss Irving's poor start but whoever is managing and putting together all these pieces should be embarrassed. Doesn't even look like a team built for him. It's starting to look like the whole Lebron fiasco all over again but at least Lebron had shooters. The Cavs are going no where...the prospects don't even look promising. I'd hate to be in Cleveland too, and I'm sure that's what's going through Kyrie's mind.
    This guy is clueless. A boxscore watcher. Lol @ your Jack love.