Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The Rockets asked the Nets to do a Asik and Lin for Deron trade.

Deron Williams is a career loser without Jerry Sloan. Last year was an aberration. Get used to it, as I have with Melo being the same. Although Melo is a career get his team to the 1st round guy.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Deron Williams is a career loser without Jerry Sloan. Last year was an aberration. Get used to it, as I have with Melo being the same. Although Melo is a career get his team to the 1st round guy.
    How was last year an aberration. Please explain your (lack of) logic to me.

This is a win win situation for both team. Do it to make the league more interesting!

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Hmm....it would be more worth it for the Nets if they had some picks in the deal. Since Lopez is out, the deal may look better. I don't know how well Asik would fit and Lin is still unproven as a starter and got injured again.

Like somebody said, Morey is trying to hustle guys. lol. But then again, something tell me that Deron won't fit in Houston well.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Carmelo is a career loser, period. This is why most Knicks fans are idiots. If your going to come into this thread, post constructively and don't try to stir a Deron vs. Carmelo debate for no apparent reason. Both players have been career losers, with Carmelo being a loser 10x more than Deron. Is that the low point some Knicks fans have stooped to? Which player is more of a loser? Carmelo or Deron?

As it pertains to the topic, The Nets need to take the next 10 games and do a self-evaluation. If they cannot show any positive signs of competing, we need to trade Paul and Kevin before the trade deadline and get them off our books. Also, try and trade Brook too. Wow, who would've thought this is where the Nets would be. People had them as championship contenders and now those same people are talking about disassembling the team. What a complete turn of events. It makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    I had them as championship contenders and now I am talking about disassembling the team. What a complete turn of events. It makes me sad.
    Fixed.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Fixed.
    Many people had the Nets are one of the best five teams in the league prior to the season. I believe it was Marc Stein that had them at number three in the NBA overall. Vegas odds at 8th overall. CBS sports at 8th overall too. U just mad that people had the knicks towards the bottom of every list, and rightfully so.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Hmm....it would be more worth it for the Nets if they had some picks in the deal. Since Lopez is out, the deal may look better. I don't know how well Asik would fit and Lin is still unproven as a starter and got injured again.

Like somebody said, Morey is trying to hustle guys. lol. But then again, something tell me that Deron won't fit in Houston well.
    Deron would be an awesome fit in Houston. Think about it, Harden, Deron, Parsons and Dwight. That team would be impossible to guard. The team wouldn't have to rely on Harden's flopping ability to generate offense in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Deron would be an awesome fit in Houston. Think about it, Harden, Deron, Parsons and Dwight. That team would be impossible to guard. The team wouldn't have to rely on Harden's flopping ability to generate offense in the playoffs.
    Parsons would have to go to the Nets or 2 picks. What people don't realize is that this wasn't actually discussed it was offered by the Rockets and the Nets laughed.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    Parsons would have to go to the Nets or 2 picks. What people don't realize is that this wasn't actually discussed it was offered by the Rockets and the Nets laughed.
    I know the offer is ridiculously laughable. I'm just spit balling as far as the possibilities if it actually happened.

People should realize it, the trade is better for the Rockets. They are trying to salary dump LIn. I think people think Lin has huge trade value, he doesn't because of the cash outlay next year.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    People should realize it, the trade is better for the Rockets. They are trying to salary dump LIn. I think people think Lin has huge trade value, he doesn't because of the cash outlay next year.
    Even Asik has some negative value considering his contract and the fact that this is the second team where he caused problems in the locker room because he wanted more minutes. This is one of the worst trades I've ever seen for the Nets. I'm glad Billy answered with a quick no. I wonder how many bridges the Rockets GM has burned and how many people he's pissed off with his ridiculous demands during this Asik debacle.

Even Asik has some negative value considering his contract and the fact that this is the second team where he caused problems in the locker room because he wanted more minutes. This is one of the worst trades I've ever seen for the Nets. I'm glad Billy answered with a quick no. I wonder how many bridges the Rockets GM has burned and how many people he's pissed off with his ridiculous demands during this Asik debacle.
    That and he tweets when he takes free agents to tweak the other teams, etc. I can imagine that being true, you read my mind.

could you imagine the defense of Deron Williams and James Harden, LOL.

Deron Williams is a terrible GM.
    He put pressure on Billy King to get him veteran talent.
    If the Nets hadn't traded away that pick, they could have drafted Andre Drummond.

Oops.