Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 81 or 13 in 33 seconds?

Ehh that first edit messed up my sentence, sorry

Banned

i prefer 1 point in the second half in the same year in the most important game of the year game 7, after chocking a 3-1 lead

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    i prefer 1 point in the second half in the same year in the most important game of the year game 7, after chocking a 3-1 lead
    That second half sure was a close ball game. Maybe a bucket here or there and the Lakers could have won.

Local High School Star Tmuston Beltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Actually, I think I'd give the nod to 10 in 45, while erasing a seven point deficit, for a National Championship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WzmQmz9Kdc
    Sick last 45. Even sicker last 15 secs. Buzzerbeater layup for the championship

Dunking on everybody in the park Unstoppabull's Avatar

Kobe's 81 was over the craptors without any inside presence at the time.

T-Mac's was against the Spurs, who has been an elite team for nearly a decade now.

Then again not a lot of players have the ability to take that many shots. It's a tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Unstoppabull
    Kobe's 81 was over the craptors without any inside presence at the time.

T-Mac's was against the Spurs, who has been an elite team for nearly a decade now.
    Did you even watch 13 in 35? He didn't go inside at all. It was a 3 pointer, 4 point play, 3 pointer, 3 pointer.

Shut your face.
    Last edited by Droid101; 12-16-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Did you even watch 13 in 35? He didn't go inside at all. It was a 3 pointer, 4 point play, 3 pointer, 3 pointer.

Shut your face.
    Does that belittle his accomplishment or are you saying the perimeter defense of SAS was terrible?

Definitely 81. I love Mac, but that 13 was what, a couple of threes?
    It's not that hard to get hot and hit 4,5 shots in a row. Try doing that over a period of 4 quarters and you might get to 81.

Kobe's 81 and it really is not close. When you look back in history, what will you remember? Kobe's 81 or TMacs 13 in 33 seconds? Kobe's 81 was legendary and will be enshrined as one of the best offensive games in history.

I was fortunate enough to watch both of them live. TMacs 13 was ridiculous and insanely exciting. But Kobe's 81 is just on another level. I remember in the 4th, they would post a point ticker in the screen of Kobe's points. I remember seeing that ticker when it crossed 70 and that in itself was just mind boggling. Plus, this was no blow out game. Lakers were losing by double digits and Kobe brought them back and won it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Actually, I think I'd give the nod to 10 in 45, while erasing a seven point deficit, for a National Championship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WzmQmz9Kdc
    That's awesome.

Saw a high school team come back from 8 down with about 30 seconds to go. Obviously not as important or exciting because it was two small schools in Arkansas playing a random game in January, but still pretty exciting to see. My dad, who used to be a high school coach, told me he had a team come back and win a game in their district tournament one year after being down 9 with 45 seconds left in the game. Had a made 3-steal on the inbounds-made 3 sequence and the other team missed the front-end of a couple of one-and-ones.

I think something like that is a little more likely on the high school and college level because of one-and-one FTs. Miss the first one in the NBA, and you get a chance to still put at least one point on the board, but miss the front-end of a one-and-one in high school or college, and that's it; it's basically the same thing as a turnover in my opinion.

TMAC's thing was insane, i literally shat my pants in those 30 seconds.

But Kobe's 81 is historic.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr
    13 in 33 was more exciting to watch but 81 is more impressive.
    Definitely this

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    The 81 point game, scoring that many points in the modern era is such a hard thing to do, its a true tribute to one of the best of all time, noone in the modern era has come close.
    Who's noone?

45 in win or go home game is much better than both.

Again, 81 is ofcourse better, Both will be remembered, But i guess if Tmac was allowed the same voulme shooting Kobe had in this season/game, he would have put similar or even better numbers.

the problem with 81 pts is that 10 years from now ppl will remember numer six, tonymontana and ispin69 stating it was regular season against the raptors, now seriosly; 81 by a glorious, legendary margin