Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: So this is the call ESPN was complaining about?

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    give up buddy. Refs help OKC, threads like this wont change anyone s opinion.

ref do help them, buts its nice to clear up questionable calls like that one

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy

ref do help them, buts its nice to clear up questionable calls like that one
    and what did you acccomplish by clearing up that call?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Silver
    ESPN not giving me enough credit.

Greatest NBA commish already.

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0

You can clearly see CP3 being dirty and hooking Collison's leg to bring him down... CP3 admitted after the game he did it because he thought it was Steven Adams...

Rigged huh? Maybe the Clippers bitchmade style just doesn't bode well for them in the playoffs?
    That worst thing is that bitch move wasn't even necessary. It's not like Collison was going to challenge the dunk. Paul's stupidity cost the Clippers a sure two points.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Look at Pauls left hand and Collisons right leg. It gets pulled from underneath him, and they've been emphasizing protecting airborne players.
    Airborne players not going straight up?

You really in favor of calling that there? Something that does not impact the actual play at all in a tight 5 point game in crunch time?

I just don't see how fans of the game and not Thunder fans...want there to be a foul called there.

I saw a really dirty play by CP3. If they had ignored it, I would have been ok with it at the time. Initially when I saw it, I was wondering wow that did not look like a charge. But watching what the refs saw, glad they called it. It was dirty and Collison could have gotten hurt from it.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I saw a really dirty play by CP3. If they had ignored it, I would have been ok with it at the time. Initially when I saw it, I was wondering wow that did not look like a charge. But watching what the refs saw, glad they called it. It was dirty and Collison could have gotten hurt from it.
    I'm not defending Paul...it is absurd that he pulled something like that after what he did in game 5. He learned nothing I guess....just truly pathetic.

However, just from a basketball fan perspective. That shove did not impact the play at all...and I'd like to see that go without a call.

Now, if you do call that...you simply can't call the Griffin charge or the WB trip on his own plays.

That is just too much for a team to overcome in crunch time. You get 3 calls go against you like that...you are almost always going to lose.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I'm not defending Paul...it is absurd that he pulled something like that after what he did in game 5. He learned nothing I guess....just truly pathetic.

However, just from a basketball fan perspective. That shove did not impact the play at all...and I'd like to see that go without a call.

Now, if you do call that...you simply can't call the Griffin charge or the WB trip on his own plays.

That is just too much for a team to overcome in crunch time. You get 3 calls go against you like that...you are almost always going to lose.
    clippers can't blame anyone but themselves. going for a dirty play like that for no reason and wiping away 2 points is inexcusable.

Airborne players not going straight up?

You really in favor of calling that there? Something that does not impact the actual play at all in a tight 5 point game in crunch time?

I just don't see how fans of the game and not Thunder fans...want there to be a foul called there.
    Well yeah as a fan I wouldn't care if they let that go, especially in that situation. But to me it looks like his leg I was getting pulled forward before landing, so the call can be justified. Didnt impact the play but you have to protect the players.

And I didn't have a problem with the Griffin charge call. You have to reward Durant for squaring up and getting into position prior to Griffin's upward motion to the basket. The Westbrook trip was weak though.
    Last edited by chazzy; 05-16-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    clippers can't blame anyone but themselves. going for a dirty play like that for no reason and wiping away 2 points is inexcusable.
    Blame is not the right word. And yes...I agree Paul is a ****ing moron.

However, the refs controlled the outcome of that game late. The Clippers had 1 terrible call go against them when WB fell over and they called Jordan. That would have been Clippers ball down 4.

The charge call was bad.

And the Collison shove was bad.

One or even two of those calls go against you...yea...you can still win. All 3 go against you? Nah...can't win with that....refs controlled the outcome back to back games.

Having said that, like I said in the game thread, Chris Paul wet the bed again and he should blame himself for being a bitch made flopper because it cost his team a trip to the WCF.

Well yeah as a fan I wouldn't care if they let that go, especially in that situation. But to me it looks like his leg I was getting pulled forward before landing, so the call can be justified. Didnt impact the play but you have to protect the players.
    Oh absolutely.

Don't get me wrong...Paul is such a bitch for making that play. Totally his fault...

I just, as a fan, don't want to see that called when it doesn't impact the play when it's a 3 point game if they allow the dunk and the season is on the line.

But I want to make it clear...Paul is bitchmade flopper and it cost his team in game 5 and 6. Nobody to blame but himself.

Really disagree about the Durant charge call. He was moving backwards when Griffin started his motion and then Durant flopped before Griffin even touched him. That isn't even a 50/50 call, but you can't have that call go against you at home. It's the definition of the time when a ref should swallow the whistle and let the players' decide the game.

Terrible call in my opinion. Should have been no call or and 1. Worst call there is a charge.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 05-16-2014 at 02:07 PM.

NBA Superstar

Oh absolutely.

Don't get me wrong...Paul is such a bitch for making that play. Totally his fault...

I just, as a fan, don't want to see that called when it doesn't impact the play when it's a 3 point game if they allow the dunk and the season is on the line.

But I want to make it clear...Paul is bitchmade flopper and it cost his team in game 5 and 6. Nobody to blame but himself.

Really disagree about the Durant charge call. He was moving backwards when Griffin started his motion and then Durant flopped before Griffin even touched him. That isn't even a 50/50 call, but you can't have that call go against you at home. It's the definition of the time when a ref should swallow the whistle and let the players' decide the game.

Terrible call in my opinion. Should have been no call or and 1. Worst call there is a charge.
    so you would like that call in the first quarter of a regular season game but not a 4th quarter of a playoff game, essentially promoting this style of bitchmade play in the playoffs...

Correct me if im wrong, but I believe you can be moving backwards and take a charge as long as you're squared up. And you have to be set before the upward motion to the basket, not the gather. Just going off memory

The Thunder don't play for baskets. They play for free throws.

Correct me if im wrong, but I believe you can be moving backwards and take a charge as long as you're squared up. And you have to be set before the upward motion to the basket, not the gather. Just going off memory
    It's ref discretion, but usually you are supposed to be set once the player gathers and makes the move.

If Durant had really taken a hit and a clear charge I wouldn't care about backing up like that. It's just that it was a weak charge and he flopped before he even got hit.

Just a total swallow the whistle moment to me. At best it was a 50/50 call and you just shouldn't call that if you aren't sure. Let the players decide the game.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 05-16-2014 at 02:19 PM.