Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default It's near impossible for the Finals this year to be as good as last year

Right? Last year was ****ing amazing. I've been a Ray Allen stan for years, and that was my absolute favorite shot in the history of the game. I mean the 7 game series had it all last year:

-7 games
    -epic choke
    -Epic Game 7 performance
    -Game 6 being one of the best games in history of sports
    -Small market "good guy" team vs. big city "villians"
    -3 PT record by Green

I mean damn... we could get a KD vs. LeBron finals and it still probably won't come close to as good of a series as the Spurs/Heat was.

Don't get me wrong I'm hoping we do get an epic finals but it would be damn hard to top last year.

Default Re: It's near impossible for the Finals this year to be as good as last year

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Right? Last year was ****ing amazing. I've been a Ray Allen stan for years, and that was my absolute favorite shot in the history of the game. I mean the 7 game series had it all last year:

-7 games
    -epic choke
    -Epic Game 7 performance
    -Game 6 being one of the best games in history of sports
    -Small market "good guy" team vs. big city "villians"
    -3 PT record by Green

I mean damn... we could get a KD vs. LeBron finals and it still probably won't come close to as good of a series as the Spurs/Heat was.

Don't get me wrong I'm hoping we do get an epic finals but it would be damn hard to top last year.
    Spurs were the good guys but they play in the bigger city. Everything else is right too but 7 game okc vs Miami series would also be very good but i see spurs as the only team from west that can beat miami.

Default Re: It's near impossible for the Finals this year to be as good as last year

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    Spurs were the good guys but they play in the bigger city. Everything else is right too but 7 game okc vs Miami series would also be very good but i see spurs as the only team from west that can beat miami.
    I was referring to the Spurs as the "good guys". Didn't know SA was considered a bigger city than Miami. I know they have more NBA history

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Was a treat to watch Duncan in the finals again

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    So Spurs fans can double as Bran-stans? Almost as whacky as that guy who posed as a Celtics fan being a branstan.

I wanna see OKC-Heat in the Finals and I want Durant and Bran to battle it out for 7, ref-permitting.

No one wants to see OKC because it will be 90% freethrows.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    So Spurs fans can double as Bran-stans? Almost as whacky as that guy who posed as a Celtics fan being a branstan.

I wanna see OKC-Heat in the Finals and I want Durant and Bran to battle it out for 7, ref-permitting.

Good college starter

Game 6 was what made last year's Finals amazing. But I wouldn't see it can't be topped. An OKC-Heat Finals has the potential to be just as amazing, if not better.

Warriors make the Finals without Bogut, Bogut returns in the Finals, and they bring it home to the Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Warriors make the Finals without Bogut, Bogut returns in the Finals, and they bring it home to the Bay

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Yeah Lebron playing like booty for the first 4/5 games made things really interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    If Heat lose, Warriors are who I'm rooting for . After that, I'd be rooting for OKC or the Spurs.

op eats his moms dic for a living

NBA Superstar

Weren't like over half of the games in the Spurs/Heat series blowouts?

You may like that shit, doesn't mean everyone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    The NBA Finals this season will also be ridiculous like last season.

I don't think anybody realizes how much people were doubting the quality of the Finals until it started with that Spurs-Heat series.

Everybody chcecked out when Westbrook got injured and said Miami got a free ring.
    actually, most intelligent people knew that spurs match-up better with miami than OKC so it was a blessing in disguise for NBA fans. Spurs nearly won in 6.