Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow OGT: Apr 16 Raptors (48-33) @ Knicks (36-45)

Raptor fans, check in here after the conclusion of the game for all playoff talk: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=330379

Game Links: http://gofirstrow.eu/sport/basketball.html

Game Preview: http://www.nba.com/games/20140416/TO...fo.html?ls=slt

The Toronto Raptors head into the final day of the regular season as Atlantic Division champions after setting a franchise record for wins.

They're aiming for more -- particularly in the playoffs.

The Raptors can secure the third seed in the Eastern Conference with a victory Wednesday night against the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden.

Toronto (48-33) is headed to the playoffs for the first time since 2007-08, the season after the Raptors won their only previous division title. They added another accomplishment Monday, beating Milwaukee 110-100 to set a team record for victories.

"We can't just be happy," guard Greivis Vasquez said. "We've got to continue to get better and make a run in the playoffs."

Tied for third in the conference with Chicago but with the edge due to its division title, Toronto can clinch the spot with a win or a Bulls loss at playoff-bound Charlotte.

Despite the Raptors winning six of seven in April and averaging 108.9 points, coach Dwane Casey feels improvement is needed for the postseason.

"I know it's ringing hollow but we still have to continue to work to get better," Casey said. "We're not where we need to be defensively or offensively for the playoffs."

Casey could be alluding to Friday's 108-100 defeat to the Knicks (36-45) as the Raptors shot 39.5 percent from the floor.

DeMar DeRozan, who was rested Monday, scored a team-high 26 points in that meeting despite missing 12 of 18 from the field. The All-Star guard was much more efficient at MSG on Dec. 27, hitting 7 of 13 field goals while totaling 25 points in a 95-83 victory.

Toronto only needed 20 from DeRozan to complete a sweep of the home-and-home set with a 115-100 win a day later.

If DeRozan is given the night off again, Vasquez could be back in the lineup after scoring 25 points against the Bucks. He's averaged 7.0 points and shot 28.6 percent in three games against the Knicks this season.

Kyle Lowry is averaging 26.5 points over the past four games after missing three with a sore knee. He's totaled 57 points over the past two against the Knicks, shooting 56.7 percent and hitting 8 of 14 from beyond the arc.

While the Raptors are looking to make a deep run in the playoffs, the Knicks' run of three straight postseasons is over. However, they've won six of their last eight, including five victories against playoff teams.

New York beat Brooklyn for the second time in that stretch Tuesday, winning 109-98 despite Carmelo Anthony missing the first of two games with a torn labrum in his right shoulder.

The recent success has coach Mike Woodson lamenting the Knicks' earlier struggles.

"If we had handled our business early on and didn't let some of the close games get away, we probably wouldn't be standing here. We'd probably be preparing for playoff basketball, but that's not the case," Woodson said. "We put ourselves in this hole and we're going to have to live with it this summer and then try to figure it out next season."

Tim Hardaway Jr. may play a larger role come 2014-15, and he's totaled 36 points while hitting 6 of 12 from beyond the arc over the past two games.

Amare Stoudemire has averaged 16.5 points and shot 57.9 percent since returning to the starting lineup March 3, and he's averaged 23.5 points and 10.0 rebounds in the past two meetings with Toronto.

Banned

Default Re: OGT: Apr 16 Raptors (48-33) @ Knicks (36-45)

Yes, it doesn't matter to Knicks now, but it does for the Raptors, and it is quite complicate overall.

Raptors are aiming for Wizards while Nets are tanking for Raptors. Both teams are trying to avoid Bulls.

We will see how the whole thing folds tonight.

But before that, please sit back and enjoy the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Yes, it doesn't matter to Knicks now, but it does for the Raptors, and it is quite complicate overall.

Raptors are aiming for Wizards while Nets are tanking for Raptors. Both teams are trying to avoid Bulls.

We will see how the whole thing folds tonight.

But before that, please sit back and enjoy the flight.

But yeah, let's see how things unfold.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

But yeah, let's see how things unfold.
    Couldn't write any better. That took me 20 minutes. English is not my first language after all

Banned

Okay, will Nets tank tonight? And what should Raptors do in response? Raps can't do much though.

Couldn't write any better. That took me 20 minutes. English is not my first language after all
    Oh, I wasn't laughing about the writing. I was laughing about how we did the same thing, by copy and pasting our own stuff from each others thread into the other one.

You're Japanese, right ?

Okay, will Nets tank tonight? And what should Raptors do in response? Raps can't do much though.
    Raptors players say they are going out for the win. If they are looking to tank, this is what's going to happen:

Bulls win, Nets lose, Wizards win, Raptors lose... we face the Wizards as the 4th seed, avoid Miami in the next round. That's the most strategic for a young team to go potentially far.

If they say f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck strategy and want to stay where they are, all they have to do is win. If the the Nets lose and Wizards win, we get the Nets in the 1st round. If the Wizards lose and the Bobcats win, the Raptors get the Cats in the 1st round. If the Raptors lose and the Nets and Bulls win, we get the Nets in the 1st round as the 4th seed.

Banned

Oh, I wasn't laughing about the writing. I was laughing about how we did the same thing, by copy and pasting our own stuff from each others thread into the other one.

You're Japanese, right ?
    I just noticed my mistake on what I wrote from your post, and I have done writing mistakes so much I hate to do it.

And, no, I'm not Japanese.

Banned

EPL > Raptors away game nowadays.

I just noticed my mistake on what I wrote from your post, and I have done writing mistakes so much I hate to do it.

And, no, I'm not Japanese.
    I make a lot of mistakes too when I type, it's a bad habit to get rid off.

It's cool, I was just wondering. You going to be at the square come playoff time ? I posted this in playoff thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...3&postcount=42

Banned

Raptors players say they are going out for the win. If they are looking to tank, this is what's going to happen:

Bulls win, Nets lose, Wizards win, Raptors lose... we face the Wizards as the 4th seed, avoid Miami in the next round. That's the most strategic for a young team to go potentially far.

If they say f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck strategy and want to stay where they are, all they have to do is win. If the the Nets lose and Wizards win, we get the Nets in the 1st round. If the Wizards lose and the Bobcats win, the Raptors get the Cats in the 1st round. If the Raptors lose and the Nets and Bulls win, we get the Nets in the 1st round as the 4th seed.
    The playoff matchup is mostly in Nets' hands basically.

Just go for the 49th win then. Making history baby!!

Banned

I make a lot of mistakes too when I type, it's a bad habit to get rid off.

It's cool, I was just wondering. You going to be at the square come playoff time ? I posted this in playoff thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...3&postcount=42
    I will likely not to. I may find a way to get into the ACC at most one game though.

Bobcats lead the Bulls 43-39 at half time. Geez man, Bulls couldn't buy a bucket and let the Cats go on a 12-0 run at one point.

What channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    What channel?
    Sportsnet. Same on the picture.