Default Re: Toronto Chris Bosh or Current Kevin Love

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Finishing 3rd in a bunch of categories doesn't make a season "historic."
    Statistically, how is it not?

List of players to average 25/10/4

Extend it to 26/12/4

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Did you not read my next post? Him finishing thrid in a bunch of categories in and of itself is not historic. I already said averaging 26 and 14 might be or probably is in some regard. I guess it just depends on how you define "historic." The only player I really consider having a historic season this year was Durant. I'm sure if you pick and choose the right stats for LeBron, he did too to some extent.

And yes, I'm being stubborn and overly critical over something trivial. Just one of those things, when seeing it, kind of rubbed me the wrong way because he said that by finishing third in a some categories made his season historic...essentially because he finished third behind LeBron and Durant. That's not what makes a season historic.

But back to the thread topic. I'd take current Kevin Love although it's probably pretty close the more I think about it. Bosh was playing with some pretty shitty rosters in Toronto and still managed to get them into the playoffs once or twice. And yes, I'm aware Love would've gotten a few of his Minny teams into the playoffs a few times if they played in the West.

Big shot Bosh.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Did you not read my next post? Him finishing thrid in a bunch of categories in and of itself is not historic. I already said averaging 26 and 14 might be or probably is in some regard. I guess it just depends on how you define "historic." The only player I really consider having a historic season this year was Durant. I'm sure if you pick and choose the right stats for LeBron, he did too to some extent.

And yes, I'm being stubborn and overly critical over something trivial. Just one of those things, when seeing it, kind of rubbed me the wrong way because he said that by finishing third in a some categories made his season historic...essentially because he finished third behind LeBron and Durant. That's not what makes a season historic.

But back to the thread topic. I'd take current Kevin Love although it's probably pretty close the more I think about it. Bosh was playing with some pretty shitty rosters in Toronto and still managed to get them into the playoffs once or twice. And yes, I'm aware Love would've gotten a few of his Minny teams into the playoffs a few times if they played in the West.
    The rosters the years we made the playoffs were not THAT bad....Also will say this - as the "man" on the team it's a lot closer but i dont think its ideal to have either as the best player on your team and Love has a much better complementary skillset than Bosh

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

I don't think you read my post correctly, No where in the post did I say finishing third in a bunch of categories implies it was historic. A passing comment which referred to the number of players who have average 26/14 really had nothing to do what with what I was trying to point out in the post nor did I expect it did it be overly analysed in such a pedantic manner.