Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: BREAKING: Nets sign Bojan Bogdanovic; 3 years, $10 million

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He's a very talented player for sure and when he plays to his best on offense he is just brutal.

I don't really care for him myself though because his defense is awful and he's a proven loser. Bad mentality, bad attitude, chucks, just all that kind of stuff. He's the kind of guy you might really want for a playoff series or a FIBA tournament....and the kind of guy you really would seriously want to trade at the trade deadline if he's on your club team.

He's an upgrade over old has been washed up Paul Pierce though, that is definitely for sure.

But I don't think his act will last long (no defense, chucking, bad attitude, bad shot selection, playing losing style basketball)...European rookies don't get a very long leash in the NBA.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK0kT1g2H58
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3I1gYYGbFY

He is a really talented all-around offensive player, can score in the post against smaller defenders, can shoot, drive, he's strong but i am not really sure how will he adapt to the NBA, he won't have as much freedom on offense but i hope i am wrong, Alan Anderson also played on Cibona so i followed him aswell and i think Alan is a better player, he was one of the best american players in Cibona in a long time. We'll see, i hope he gets chance and minutes to prove himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    Clearly this Bogdanovic mastered the art of cloning.

Quote Originally Posted by tragicbronson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK0kT1g2H58
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3I1gYYGbFY

He is a really talented all-around offensive player, can score in the post against smaller defenders, can shoot, drive, he's strong but i am not really sure how will he adapt to the NBA, he won't have as much freedom on offense but i hope i am wrong, Alan Anderson also played on Cibona so i followed him aswell and i think Alan is a better player, he was one of the best american players in Cibona in a long time. We'll see, i hope he gets chance and minutes to prove himself.
    Personally I've never liked Alan Anderson just from a basketball IQ standpoint. He has the tendency to make way too many boneheaded plays and just do some flat out dumb things that cause his team to lose games.

From a point of creating plays and shots, yes he is better.

Bogdanovic is basically just a shooter, and other than that he can post up if he gets a switch on a two guard. I don't think he's a dumb player though.

But there is just something wrong last season with how Bojan was playing the game in that he just kept shooting the damn ball whether he was missing or not. I don't get that. It's like if he was shooting 6/6 he kept shooting...I get that because he was hot...

But then when he was in an 0-25 slump he kept shooting even when he was like 0-5 in the game, he just kept firing away. It's like he just would shoot the damn thing every time like he did not care. I mean damn. He was turning into Teletovic like last year.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-23-2014 at 03:44 AM.

I usually hit open layups GOATbrook's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    How do you say "The Truth" in Croatian?
    Istina

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Personally I've never liked Alan Anderson just from a basketball IQ standpoint. He has the tendency to make way too many boneheaded plays and just do some flat out dumb things that cause his team to lose games.

From a point of creating plays and shots, yes he is better.

Bogdanovic is basically just a shooter, and other than that he can post up if he gets a switch on a two guard. I don't think he's a dumb player though.

But there is just something wrong last season with how Bojan was playing the game in that he just kept shooting the damn ball whether he was missing or not. I don't get that. It's like if he was shooting 6/6 he kept shooting...I get that because he was hot...

But then when he was in an 0-25 slump he kept shooting even when he was like 0-5 in the game, he just kept firing away. It's like he just would shoot the damn thing every time like he did not care. I mean damn. He was turning into Teletovic like last year.
    He's not a shooter imo, he's a "scorer" which is why he acted that way and why I think he's bad news.

Other than his scoring consistency his assist and rebound numbers for a man of his height and who is sometimes used as a guard are downright abysmal.
    He does shoot well -not great, well- and he can post well but when someone is so predictable (in that he will almost never look for the pass) he's easier to figure out and deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    This. No offense Niko, you're a very respected poster on here but your constant spinning of any sort of news into a negative for them while trying to maintain the illusion that you are neutral is getting out of hand.

I honestly don't know what to expect from this guy but I hope he becomes more than just a spot up shooter when it's all said and done.
    It's not a big deal signing. They should have signed Pierce, and this guy for depth.

What about the Nets offseason is so positive that I'm failing to point out? You lost your coach, hired someone who is an upgrade BUT is totally opposite in terms of what he wants to do (so you are retooling again), lost Pierce for nothing, lost Livingston for nothing. They are also acting like their 2nd round picks are huge building blocks. (To be fair Knicks are doing same, Early is a nice pickup but he's not some future star)

There is no topic about it btw but if you want Nets praise getting rid of Blatche just because he's a dick they don't want around is something most teams don't do. Huge props/