Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Will you label Lebron the GOAT after he wins a ring for Cleveland?

The door on GOAT for Lebron closed after the 11 finals in the heart of his prime for me.

However, it has opened ever so slightly if the Cavs don't trade for Love...and Lebron leads the current Cavs roster without much of an overhaul in the next 6 years to 3 or 4 titles and plays great while doing so.

I'd imagine if he does that...I'll move him over everyone not named MJ...and he'd be in that discussion depending on his longevity beyond.

If Lebron plays like 20 years and wins 5 or 6 titles and 6 or 7 mvp's...yea, i'll put him in that GOAT conversation with MJ for me.

One title though? ROFL...he's not touching Duncan until he wins 2 more. Duncan won the 03 title with a Spurs team that is worse than the current Cavs. So...go for it Lebron. Win a title with this group right now this year or next...and you'll be on your way.

Duncan won with;

Parker
    Manu
    Stephen Jackson
    Bowen
    Malik Rose
    David Robinson
    Speedy

Parker wasn't nearly as good as Kyrie at that point of his career. Manu was a rookie and wasn't even close to himself yet. Robinson was 37 years old.

Have Lebron win with a roster like that and we'll talk about GOAT shit...
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-21-2014 at 03:49 PM.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    The door on GOAT for Lebron closed after the 11 finals in the heart of his prime for me.

However, it has opened ever so slightly if the Cavs don't trade for Love...and Lebron leads the current Cavs roster without much of an overhaul in the next 6 years to 3 or 4 titles and plays great while doing so.

I'd imagine if he does that...I'll move him over everyone not named MJ...and he'd be in that discussion depending on his longevity beyond.

If Lebron plays like 20 years and wins 5 or 6 titles and 6 or 7 mvp's...yea, i'll put him in that GOAT conversation with MJ for me.

One title though? ROFL...he's not touching Duncan until he wins 2 more. Duncan won the 03 title with a Spurs team that is worse than the current Cavs. So...go for it Lebron. Win a title with this group right now this year or next...and you'll be on your way.

Duncan won with;

Parker
    Manu
    Stephen Jackson
    Bowen
    Malik Rose
    David Robinson
    Speedy

Parker wasn't nearly as good as Kyrie at that point of his career. Manu was a rookie and wasn't even close to himself yet. Robinson was 37 years old.

Have Lebron win with a roster like that and we'll talk about GOAT shit...
    For me its also the 2007 finals. There were a few close games and he had some clutch airball freethrows

never ever forget 2011.

He's either gotta beat MJ in accolades or abilities. Considering MJ was just the better overall basketball player..I don't understand how people can consider Lebron the GOAT after 4-5 rings. He needs atleast 6, 7 to seal it.

You don't just brush off 2007 and 2011.

skills wise- hes already the undisputable GOAT, due to how great and overall player he is. He can pass, rebound, and play much better defense then jordan. Jordan only had scoring as an advantage over lebron. We also have to factor in how much tougher todays games are. Especially in the east, defense is played a hell of alot tighter then mgay ever experienced, meaning no easy layups.

OT, if lebron wins a ring, yes he would be considered the GOAT and should be. Right now, his team is complete garbage and basically d league status. Winning over stacked teams like spurs, okc, bulls would be a tremendous achievement.

No question about it if he wins 4 more.

Top 5.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    but come on. No one can become the GOAT at age 30.
    of course you would say this

So 3/6 is better than 6/6 in bran stans eyes??

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

3/6 > 6/6????????????/

lolok.jpg

Banned

No. But i will be genuinely happy for him respect him more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    Yes I will. In fact I already do.
    No you don't...

Default Three more on paper

I think if he gets to five as the man in his prime) he enters the conversation for everyone capable of objectivity.

Could be sooner though, a historic season a la Shaq '00 or Wilt '67 could catapult him, the guy has the potential and that's pretty exciting.

Why do some of you nikkas want to crown Bran GOAT if he does this or that? That ship done sailed long ago.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    We also have to factor in how much tougher todays games are. Especially in the east, defense is played a hell of alot tighter then mgay ever experienced, meaning no easy layups.
    Boy, we don't see your bias. This is possibly the worst explanation I have ever read to try and push the Lebron agenda. All you have done is exposed the fact that you don't know shit about late 80's and early 90's basketball and the absolute grind playing against that physical brand of ball was. You would be much better talking about Lebron's body and size and how dominant he is against a league of string beans like Durant and PG.