NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Cav's to Jefferson

You aren't AL , but for an old guy you still have juice.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...s-not-retiring

Actually if I was Jefferson , I would retire.
    Think about it - came into the league , first two years went to the finals, last year went to finals and won a ring as an instrumental piece as a role player.

NBA Legend

Default Re: Cav's to Jefferson

GOAT gay perimeter player.

Despite defining the non-contending 09-11 Spurs, I can't seem to hate on RJEFF.

I'm glad he won his ring. He played incredibly well in his role this Playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Despite defining the non-contending 09-11 Spurs, I can't seem to hate on RJEFF.
    Lol I love RJ but that was a disastrous stint for him. Felt like every other game I watched of them, he'd get chewed out by TP or Manu for doing something stupid. His Nets tenure was awesome and there were a couple of years where if the All-Star game had... idk, deeper benches he could've snuck in. After that he really faded into obscurity so him playing such a solid role in this chip was nice to see.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

I honestly don't know if the Cavs would have won without RJ.

He was huge for us

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

He seems to have a fair bit of juice left in the tank. I was surprised when he announced that he was retiring. Glad to hear he's coming back to give it another go. Far from washed up.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Best championship role player ever. His impact is immeasurable.

   

after he became a starter with the nets, jefferson signed a 6-year, $78mil contract during the 2004 offseason. when the season began, he averaged 22.2 points, 7.3 rebounds, and 4.0 assists while playing very good defense.

then in late december, when he was going up for a layup, chauncey billups undercut him and RJ came down and ruptured a ligament in his wrist. the next couple seasons his ankles started having problems, followed by his other wrist.

i never thought the dude would still be around at this point, especially as a key contributor. it's a shame about his injuries, because he surely would have been a perennial all star without them.

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    I honestly don't know if the Cavs would have won without RJ.

He was huge for us
    They don't. He was huge. Thank you DeAndre

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    after he became a starter with the nets, jefferson signed a 6-year, $78mil contract during the 2004 offseason. when the season began, he averaged 22.2 points, 7.3 rebounds, and 4.0 assists while playing very good defense.

then in late december, when he was going up for a layup, chauncey billups undercut him and RJ came down and ruptured a ligament in his wrist. the next couple seasons his ankles started having problems, followed by his other wrist.

i never thought the dude would still be around at this point, especially as a key contributor. it's a shame about his injuries, because he surely would have been a perennial all star without them.
    I remember him as being one of the best wings in the league when he played for the Nets. Interesting to hear how it was cut short and/or negatively impacted by injuries. It felt like he was really good there for a long time, but maybe that's just memory failing me.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Another ring next year

   

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I remember him as being one of the best wings in the league when he played for the Nets. Interesting to hear how it was cut short and/or negatively impacted by injuries. It felt like he was really good there for a long time, but maybe that's just memory failing me.
    yeah, he did keep putting up nice numbers despite his injuries. i remember the problem being that his injuries basically turned him from an excellent defender during the kidd years (and impact player without the ball), to a guy who was actually below average on defense and didn't look to do much besides score.

he was essentially a different player by that point. when we traded RJ i kind of lost track of him for many years, so i don't know if he was able to get superior therapy for his ankles and wrists, or what. maybe he went out to germany and did that procedure where they isolate your own HGH and inject it in to trouble spots, like kobe and other players did.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He seems to have a fair bit of juice left in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Haha. I snickered while typing that. Actually, I had "gas in the tank" first and changed it.

   

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    "juice" means energy. i don't know if that came from OJ's nickname, but w/e.

"tank" means an energy reservoir.

so... there you go.

i would advise you never to pour orange juice in your gas tank, tho.