Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nene wants out of Denver

its just a bargaining ploy by nene's agent

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    just trying to troll no doubt. I do agree that denver has some suck to it (all big cities do IMO, especially in the west where they developed after automobiles), it is a great city and colorado is an awesome state for the most part.
    Denver is VERY nice, albeit cold. It's not a tiny market either. Because Melo wanted to be in NY, it becamse "Melo wants to leave tiny crappy city for NY" as opposed to "Melo wants to live in NY which has nothing to do with the city he is leaving". Everytime i see Denver rumors now, it seems to always come up "because it's denver". Denver is nice, it's not a Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit type city that has bad weather, big city problems and is getting poor. It's a type of place you'd like more if you wanted a smaller (but not too small) city and if you like the outdoors, because most of Colorado is pretty barren but nice.

I liked it in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    Thats terrible news if true

But I agree with the ones that doesn't think he's worth the max.

Maybe there is a way we can get Kaman from LAC
    You can give us Gallinari and Afflalo.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I like Nene a good bit, but if he gets a max deal it just illustrates the problems the lockout didn't come close to solving.

He already said before the lockout that he was going to opt out and that it was time he moved on from Denver. Not surprising at all

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    He already said before the lockout that he was going to opt out and that it was time he moved on from Denver. Not surprising at all
    The Nuggets are smart not to offer him an extension.

It's over for everybody if Miami get him.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I like Nene. Reaaally didn't want Denver to throw huge bucks at him tho. Remember him saying something about not playing late into his career. Doesn't have the mentality or aggressiveness to consistently be the guy that his new paycheck will want him to be(on Denver atleast).

I was surprised he opted out. With the CBA changing think he was due something like 10 mill with Denver? So he either doesn't care about cash or thinks he's going to get 12+ from somebody and I'm happy that somebody won't be Denver.

Pretty much assures Denver's well rounded depth attack is gone tho, changes the entire direction of the team. Here's hoping they don't match absurd offers for AA and just let Lawson|Gallo struggle there way to a decent lotto pick. Build through the draft, good 8 year span but too many holes at this point to just plug and fix.

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I like Nene a good bit, but if he gets a max deal it just illustrates the problems the lockout didn't come close to solving.
    Yea...I'm kind of suprised max is being thrown around for him.

Guys on ESPN are acting like he's actually worth that much money.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...s-really-worth

What would you offer Nene?

John Hollinger, ESPN.com: Four years, $52 million. Nene is a near-max player in any environment, but especially in the revised one where the risk is mitigated by the maximum four-year duration for any team other than Denver. Obviously, for the Nuggets he's worth the extra year, which would take the total value to five years and closer to $65 million.

Rob Mahoney, The Two Man Game: Four years, $60 million. Nene's effectiveness is naturally dependent on team context, but he's a terrific defensive center with a productive offensive game. Don't sweat his classification as a sub-elite big man; I'd open my wallet for defensive consistency and efficient post play, both of which are Nene staples. The kicker: Even at 29, we haven't seen Nene utilized to his full potential on either end of the court.

Jeremy Schmidt, Bucksketball: Four years, $36 million. In terms of offensive efficiency, Nene doesn't have a peer in this group. Defensively, he's a firm third behind Tyson Chandler and Marc Gasol, though. The league's favorable offensive perimeter rules make it all the more important for centers to be imposing back-line defenders, so it's hard to commit franchise money to Nene for an extended period.

Ethan Sherwood Strauss, HoopSpeak: I believe Nene is worth $13 million per year under the old CBA. Since the owners won massive concessions, I can only assume he is now worth 1/100th of this, plus a tin of shriveled sardines. In all furrowed seriousness, I would still give Nene four years, $52 million. Unselfish, efficient, he sets the tone for a Denver collective that hummed post-Melo.
    When did this happen

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I like Nene. Reaaally didn't want Denver to throw huge bucks at him tho. Remember him saying something about not playing late into his career. Doesn't have the mentality or aggressiveness to consistently be the guy that his new paycheck will want him to be(on Denver atleast).

I was surprised he opted out. With the CBA changing think he was due something like 10 mill with Denver? So he either doesn't care about cash or thinks he's going to get 12+ from somebody and I'm happy that somebody won't be Denver.

Pretty much assures Denver's well rounded depth attack is gone tho, changes the entire direction of the team. Here's hoping they don't match absurd offers for AA and just let Lawson|Gallo struggle there way to a decent lotto pick. Build through the draft, good 8 year span but too many holes at this point to just plug and fix.
    Be prepared. Afflalo is going to get some ridiculous offers.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    It's over for everybody if Miami get him.
    how the **** does miami get him? they have no room to do anything. unless its some sort of SnT for haslem and ? miller? would denver take it?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan

Yup. You're one the Nuggets fan here I like so I wish you well in the future with the team. I just think it would be wise to go into full blown rebuild mode now rather than get caught in that Phoenix Suns, Houston Rockets zone where you win 40 games and miss the playoffs.

You guys had good success under Melo and just need to move on. Only thing that sucks is that pretty soon here you're going to have nothing left to show for Melo trade besides the draft picks and cash. Only player likely to stay is Gallo. Felton is already gone, Andre Miller is a guaranteed amnesty according to sources, Chandler is locked into China... then you have Nene bailing and JR Smith and Kenyon are definitely gone.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-29-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Yea...I'm kind of suprised max is being thrown around for him.

Guys on ESPN are acting like he's actually worth that much money.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...s-really-worth

When did this happen
    The NBA's issues with overrating talent & overspending went further than the lockout.

Once, Nene is off the market. DeAndre Jordan is next up to be overpaid.

DeAndre Jordan has never averaged 10 PPG but he is going to get $10 Million per year in this market.

how the **** does miami get him? they have no room to do anything. unless its some sort of SnT for haslem and ? miller? would denver take it?
    If he takes the MLE which he could be open to judging about being interested in signing there. Hopefully that won't be the case.

I doubt it.

Each guy is due their contract for another 4 years into their mid 30's.